3 songs

Popsi

Right heres the background. An alien has just landed on earth and you happen to be in the place it lands so you are the first person to meet him/her/it/whatever. The alien (lets call him Jim-Bob) tells you that he has been sent to earth to gather some examples of our earth music and take it back to his planet (lets call it Bobmij). However he can only take back three songs or his head will explode.

So which three songs do you pick for him? What three best show what the planet has to offer in the way of music? If its too hard just pick the three you think he should listen too - could be your fave 3 of whatever.

Ive been thinking loads but am still struggling, see if you guys have any better ideas...

Edited by Popsi

You can't do it!

You'd have to give me 50 years to work on the maximum compilation tape!

For my own personal choice I'd say my three favourite tracks...

Master Of Puppets off S&M by Metallica, Thank You For The Venom by My Chemical Romance and....

Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye...

Right heres the background. An alien has just landed on earth and you happen to be in the place it lands so you are the first person to meet him/her/it/whatever. The alien (lets call him Jim-Bob) tells you that he has been sent to earth to gather some examples of our earth music and take it back to his planet (lets call it Bobmij). However he can only take back three songs or his head will explode.

So which three songs do you pick for him? What three best show what the planet has to offer in the way of music?

Ive been thinking loads but am still struggling, see if you guys have any better ideas...

Ian Brown F.E.A.R would definately be one. Top top tune :worship

You can't do it!

You'd have to give me 50 years to work on the maximum compilation tape!

For my own personal choice I'd say my three favourite tracks...

Master Of Puppets off S&M by Metallica, Thank You For The Venom by My Chemical Romance and....

Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye...

I'd personally go with For whom the bell tolls from the S&M album, but eithers cool in my book

Meatloaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Light

You know, this guy has real taste. I'm not really a 'listen to the lyrics' guy, but this song cracks me up pretty much whenever I choose to listen to it. Fantastic!

I'd go for:

Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner - Iron Maiden

Woodstock Jam - Joe Satriani

They're not my favourite songs (Woodstock Jam is a mess, even I admit it) but those are just about the longest songs I know so that would give me something like forty-five to fifty minutes to run away from the aliens!