Rey "The Cruiserweight" Mysterio

Murph

Do you think Rey Mysterio deserves to hold a (singles) title, apart from the Cruiserweight Title. I think he has deserved a U.S Title run for quite some time, especially now that Cruiserweight Division is in such a mess. Personally, I hate all this "for the little guy" talk. I'm a tall guy, so that really ticks me off. I just hope that he lets his (HUGE) in ring ability do ALL the talking for him. Edited by Murph

Absolutely. He can have a great match with ANYONE and over the years he's made a huge contribution to wrestling, and i feel he deserves a WWE title shot. He's overcome a number of obstacles, (not least of which is his size) to prove he's one of the most consistent, and popular performers currently with the WWE. Rey Rey for champ!

He should definately hold the US title sometime in his career on Smackdown. To me, he has kind of outgrown the Cruiserweight division, even though I would class him as a Cruiserweight it wouldn't seem right throwing him into the Cruiserweight title scene. He is kind of lost at the minute as I don't consider Rey holding the Heavyweight title, but he is Wrestling the big stars. The US Title would be great for Rey, it would definately add some credibility to it after Benoit and Booker nearly made it a title worth winning again.

Well he can never go back to the cruiserweight division because he has fought and won a lot of battles against some big guys. But when those big guys face cruiserweights they destroy them. It wouldn't be realistic. I do want him back in the CW division just to see some matches between him and the Mexicools.

Do you think Rey Mysterio deserves to hold a (singles) title' date=' apart from the Cruiserweight Title. I think he has deserved a U.S Title run for quite some time, especially now that Cruiserweight Division is in such a mess. Personally, I hate all this "for the little guy" talk. I'm a tall guy, so that really ticks me off. I just hope that he lets his (HUGE) in ring ability do ALL the talking for him.[/quote']

Yep. I mean if the WWE is going to continue to put Rey inside the ring with heavyweights and super heavyweights no doubt he deserves a shot at Batista or Booker T for the U.S. title or the Gold. Why not? Everybody knows that the "Little guy" crap is the WWE's ego-jargon. The big guy is the best thing since sliced bread nonsense. Its the little guys that actually provides more entertainment inside the ring than the brooding methodical monsters we see today IMO.

Plus, with guys like Super Crazy,Juvetud,and Psychosis currently in the WWE how come we dont get to see Rey going up against them? That would be more exciting to see than watching Rey get destroyed by Kane and the Big Show.

As far as I'm concerned Rey deserves to fight for the U.S. title or the World title. Hell, in WCW Ric Flair gave Rey Mysterio a World title shot. Why cant the WWE do the same thing? Oh, thats right the glory days of WCW was what the WWE hasnt been on a consistant basis: A great wrestling show.:wub

• Like 1

You know the weird thing about this is that Teddy Long was going to give Rey Mysterio a shot at the World Title before Palmer Cannon interrupted him and made Eddie the number one contender. They still haven't followed up on this yet.

Rey should only be used as a CW. He wouldn't make a credible WWE Champion and doesn't qualify for a WHW Title shot (because of his weight limitations). It's pointless making him a US Champ because they have plenty of people in that division already who need the belt more. Rey should be put back in the CW so that the division regains credibility.

doesn't qualify for a WHW Title shot (because of his weight limitations).

Not true or HBK wouldnt have held it. ;) the wight classification is that you can challange for any belt your weight class or above, just like in boxing.

Why do you think hes had WHC fights before?

I know i will be hated for this comment, but if the CW division was the best it could be, there would be no reason him going for the U.S. Title (seeing that imo, the U.S. Title is a stepping stone to the WHT, which he won't win) and i really don't think he will need to go for any title other then the CW title if that division was good enough. At the moment, he should get it but only because the CW division is pathetically poor even though it has bags of talent and is getting more through. If the CW division was better, he could still be the most over guy in the buisness and be CW champ.

So to sum up, he should be because CW division is crap but could be getting somewhere, normally no because i see him as a cruiserweight and he would be needed to really improve the CW division to make it as serious as some of the other titles.

It's just an opinion though, I mean I don't know why he should be given the World title when he should be helping improve the CW division, fair play if WWE book him to be champion, but they will be doing the wrong thing and would of made the wrong decision in my opinion seeing that the CW division should come before anything else at the moment.

That doesn't make sense though, Rey has outgrown the cruiserweight division, the WWE don't give a crap about it anyway so what good would that do for Rey. If you want to look at it from a mark's view he has had clean victories over former World Champions like, HBK, JBL, Eddie Guerrero, Benoit and Angle off the top of my head so he has some credibility, unlike JBL before he won his title with no build up whatsoever. No one's saying give him a 12 month title reign but Rey has done more than enough to deserve a chance with a World title.

but Rey is smaller, he is still under the 200 pound mark, and he is best used for CW action, and against wrestlers who can have good matches against CW's, like Eddie was, Benoit, Angle, Michaels, Jericho etc. Not Undertaker, Kane, Batista.

It's not as big a stretch as you're making out' date=' Eddie isn't that much bigger than Rey, neither is Michaels for that matter.[/quote']

Michaels is Andre The Giant compared to Rey Mysterio.

Plus, two things aren't going for Rey.

a) WWE has no lack of big men right now. Shawn and Bret got pushed because they needed to break from the whole steroid look at the time, and someone had to carry Sid and Diesel to decent matches.

b) Rey doesn't have an addiction problem he has overcome. Eddie had a story, and a very heartwarming one at that. They'd have been fools not to have pushed him.

Michaels is Andre The Giant compared to Rey Mysterio.
Then Rey holds a clean, convincing victory over Andre The Giant.

Rey needs an addiction problem, are you serious? He's an underdog, it isn't hard to make a storyline out of that. Eddie would have got that title addiction or not, he was more over than anyone on the roster.

Then Rey holds a clean, convincing victory over Andre The Giant.

Rey needs an addiction problem, are you serious? He's an underdog, it isn't hard to make a storyline out of that. Eddie would have got that title addiction or not, he was more over than anyone on the roster.

I must have missed something out: WHy does Rey hold a "clean, convincing" win over Andre the Giant?

It's not as big a stretch as you're making out' date=' Eddie isn't that much bigger than Rey, neither is Michaels for that matter.[/quote']

The problem is that Rey is 5'4", Eddie was 5'8" and HBK is around 6'.

So, because Eddie was closer to the big guy's height, he looked like he could take the bigger guys, HBK does the whole "underdog" thing and he's smaller than most of his opponents.

The way I see it, Rey is just a little too small to be taken seriously as a World Champion.