If british wrestling were on tv...

carolann

If british wrestling were to appear on mainstream Tv again - what sort of format do you think it should take?

A straight promotion show like the WWE product, A review type programme with highlights and discussion of matches from loads of promotions, a kind of tour/road trip show like the simple life - only with wrestlers and not paris hilton?? or something else???

I think personally that if british wrestling were to appear back on main stream tv it would have have to be a review programme , there are to so many promotions in the uk at the minute .They could do a main event slot once a week from a larger promotion and review the others and maybe a monthly special.

A review programme would be great, much along the lines of The Bagpipe Report which used to be on The Wrestling Channel (but obviously with nothing but UK content, interviews & results etc).

To be honest (it pains me to say) I doubt that we will ever see British wrestling back on TV, since the previous attempts of getting it back on our screen were horribly bad.

From what I have heard (may not be true) The Bagpipe Report ended when Blake Norton (the host) decided to move back to North America to get married and be with his girlfriend. In the end I think his girlfriend/wife decided to move to Ireland, and he now runs Celtic Pro Wrestling.

I would love to see that return again, although if it did return it should have more UK content then what it did before.

EDIT: Added link for Celtic Pro Wrestling

Edited by Devilish Angel

From what I have heard (may not be true) The Bagpipe Report ended when Blake Norton (the host) decided to move back to North America to get married and be with his girlfriend. In the end I think his girlfriend/wife decided to move to Ireland' date=' and he now runs Celtic Pro Wrestling.

I would love to see that return again, although if it did return it should have more UK content then what it did before.

EDIT: Added link for Celtic Pro Wrestling

I emailed the wrestling channel about this a few months back and they said:

Sorry, but we no longer have a deal with MLW or NJPW - even for re-runs.

We were not able to reach a new deal for 2005.

Sorry, but the Bagpipe Report was costing us too much to produce, but

did not deliver a high enough audience to sustain. Unfortunately, it

will not be returning anytime soon.

Thank you for your interest in The Wrestling Channel, and please feel

free to e-mail me back if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Neil Dalton,

Public Relations Dept.,

The Wrestling Channel,

E: press@thewrestlingchannel.tv

W: http://www.thewrestlingchannel.tv

Credit-TWC

If british wrestling were to appear on mainstream Tv again - what sort of format do you think it should take?

A straight promotion show like the WWE product, A review type programme with highlights and discussion of matches from loads of promotions, a kind of tour/road trip show like the simple life - only with wrestlers and not paris hilton?? or something else???

One promotion, and lots of British stars who look like human beings. Not fat men, not greasy goths, but guys who could actually attract an audience through looks alone. It'd have no backstage skits, but instead straight laced interviews and (as Taki quite astutely pointed out to me) an arena where the ceiling isn't a factor.

It wouldn't be a stupid supershow either.

One promotion' date=' and lots of British stars who look like human beings. [b']Not fat men[/b], not greasy goths, but guys who could actually attract an audience through looks alone. It'd have no backstage skits, but instead straight laced interviews and (as Taki quite astutely pointed out to me) an arena where the ceiling isn't a factor.

It wouldn't be a stupid supershow either.

Oi!

Saz

Oi!

Saz

You obviously didn't read the really small font. It clearly says...

"One promotion, and lots of British stars who look like human beings. Not fat men EXCEPT FOR STAXX WHO SHOULD BE THE CHAMPION, not greasy goths, but guys who could actually attract an audience through looks alone. It'd have no backstage skits, but instead straight laced interviews and (as Taki quite astutely pointed out to me) an arena where the ceiling isn't a factor."

See? :)