Why is there no ***Official TNA Impact Thread***?

Twig

I was wondering why there is no official Impact thread. So I thought: "what the hell." You might even get modship for this (No. Thanks for the offer though.) But, in my mind, TNA will never rival WWE if they don't get their own official bi-weekly thread on TWO. Am I right or am I right?

Okay, so.... Let's get this started.

X-Division action bee-yotch! Alex Shell, Petey Williams, Austin Aeries, and Chris Sabin put on a stellar match. I think Alex Shelly plays a much better cocky heel than Orton does. Randy could benifit from a private viewing of Alex's video collection, if you ask me.

I really missed the brawls that tumble into the backstage areas. Even though Abyss' barbed wire chair shot was weak sauce, I liked the chokeslam onto the stack of guardrails to finish it off. Most of all though, I don't see the point of having Abyss toatlly dominate, Sabu got in about three punches the whole fight.

It's strange, but I feel like Christian dissing JJ is a shoot, more than anything else.

House of Fun match with Raven set-up looks bad-ass. It has all the makings to be a garbage wrestling lover(this guy)'s dream.

So Larry Z. screws over Raven by setting him up against all three of the Diamonds in the Rough. Sweet, raven was legit sliced open on the face with a pizza cutter. Raven is tossed over the ropes through a table, and all three guys hit the pin.

Backstage Samoa Joe beats the crap out of AJ saying: "I don't respect your code" and that's a wrap.

Edited by Twig

Yeah we're on a 5 week delay in the UK when it comes to TNA PPVs. For instance Bound For Glory was on October 23rd in the States, but the first screening here was November 27th, which was the same night as Survivor Series.

Hopefully the delay will get shortened soon by The Wrestling Channel though, because 5weeks in this day and age is totally unacceptable.

The only positive is that at least we dont have to pay a PPV fee to watch it, unlike most WWE PPVs here.

Maybe next year we can have TNA PPV predictions too' date=' their PPV's have been a lot better better than WWE's this year.[/quote']

I'm actually thinking of running them side by side, but I don't know if there will be a prize at the end of it - I'll have to speak to Kam about that. :D

To be honest, for 2 reasons:

1) It's pre-recorded, so the spoilers get posted as soon as it's done.

Okay that's valid enough. Still, I don't go out of my way to avoid TNA spoilers, and I've never really come across them.

2) 95% of the members are in the UK' date=' so won't get to see it for at least a month.[/quote']

But this is the US forum, and in the descriptions it mentions specifiaclly that this is the place to discuss TNA. It's okay if it doesn't happen, I won't be devestated, I just wanted to throw out the idea and see how it was received.

But this is the US forum' date=' and in the descriptions it mentions specifiaclly that this is the place to discuss TNA. It's okay if it doesn't happen, I won't be devestated, I just wanted to throw out the idea and see how it was received.[/quote']

I know it is, but like ROH, it's not covered as much as WWE.

We tried it having it's own thread, but it wasn't posted in much.

If you want, I can post TNA iMPACT! spoilers every 3 weeks. Maybe TNA could pick up some traction if they taped like 3 days prior or here's a crazy idea: go live. I'll give credit where credit is due, TNA has picked up some great former WWE superstars or just pulled superstars out of other organizations (IE: AJ Styles). TNA needs 1) a 2 hour show, 2) To be live, & 3) To be primetime Mondays. I would love to see WWE crush another organization. Is it just me or is calling a company Total Nonstop Action stupid? It lacks professionalism and importance.

WWE have an exclusive contract with Sky' date=' so TNA won't get a Sky deal. Ever wondered why WCW was confined to Bravo and Five over here?[/quote']

Don't be surprised if Setanta or another PPV channel picks it up then. I know I would if I thought it would attract profit-making buyrates (and I had that sort of money). It's just not big enough in the UK at the moment.

Edited by Gooneronastick

Why do so many people want them to fail? It's really strange...

Not strange to me at all, it's the typical WWE fanboy view. If they put some thought into it, they'd realise if TNA become proper competition, the WWE will be forced into trying to improve their product meaning there's a good chance the WWE would be better than it is right now.

Edited by Sav

Not strange to me at all' date=' it's the typical WWE fanboy view. If they put some thought into it, they'd realise if TNA become proper competition, the WWE will be forced into trying to improve their product meaning there's a good chance the WWE would be better than it is right now.[/quote']

QFE, like Sav said it's typical WWE fanboy and I can speak from experience. Before TNA went to Spike I've never saw a PPV and I was te 1st one to say that TNA sucks without ever watching the show. Yes I was a WWE fan boy, but after giving them a chance and watching a TNA PPV my view on them completely changed. So people are always gonna criticize, until they give it a chance.