WWE recycling WCW crap ****SD! Spoilers***

Ravenmark

Orton in locker room washes face in sink, looks in mirror and sees Undertaker in mirror looking at him, Orton rubs his eyes and he is gone afterwards. (we can see his hallucination)

CREDIT: WO.com

Oh deary deary me.

Anyone who watched WCW in 1998 (or indeed has visited Wrestlecrap.com) will know this is a lame reconstruction of the Warrior-Hogan mirror angle.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, just when Smackdown was getting good, they do this kind of crap, there is also something about Blood appearing and disappearing off Bob Ortons face, I have no doubt in my mind that with this weeks Raw and the way its going, that Vince Russo is indeed back full-time.

Ah yes' date=' just when Smackdown was getting good, they do this kind of crap, there is also something about Blood appearing and disappearing off Bob Ortons face, I have no doubt in my mind that with this weeks Raw and the way its going, that Vince Russo is indeed back full-time.[/quote']

You saying Russo could very well be new GM.

That isn't even the worst thing from the taping. I cringed when I read about Josh Matthews being "possessed" by the Undertaker. Apparently his eyes roll into the back of his head and he speaks in Undertaker's voice, before acting like nothing happened and asking if Orton had any thoughts.

You know, even if WWE are trying to appeal to kids these days (which isn't a terrible idea, actually), even 11 year olds are going to have a hard time not laughing at this crap.

HE'S IN THE MIRROR, BROTHER.

I like a little bit of realism in my wrestling, just a little mind. I can barely accept wrestlers talking backstage without seing a huge camera stuck in their face, but all this rubbish is just horrible. It's not Buffy you know, it's a wrestling show. Thats what WWE used to be, a wrestling company, I don't know what it is anymore. They should just commit Vince to an asylum and let someone else try and give it it's dignity back.

No we just like GOOD writing. Being original doesn't hurt either.

to be honest Dante to come up with something original in wrestling today is pretty damn hard :lol

Yeah' date=' don't forget that WWE is also recycling the "Best of 7 Series" w/ Booker & Benoit from WCW.[/quote']

errr can you blame them?! the best of 7 series between Booker & Benoit was the highlight on 1998 for WCW.

Yeah' date=' don't forget that WWE is also recycling the "Best of 7 Series" w/ Booker & Benoit from WCW.[/quote']

Thing is, there's a good reason for that. Well, a few. It was good back then, it gives the US title a prominent program, it has rejuvinated Booker a fair bit, it keeps Benoit around at his right level (upper midcard) and it's long, but not TOO long. Furthermore, it's a simple concept. Two friends, one turns heel through his wife, sets up best of 7 program to decide who is the best. ~~~

This Orton thing... just no, no no no.

Bar the Goldberg push

ok the best of 7 was ONE of the highlights of 1998 in Dubya C Dubya :D

Jerichos rise

Jerichio.......rise.....in WCW, HA good one Dra, wait your being serious? as i can remember Jericho got the smallest push in WCW and thats it, he only became big when he jumped to the WWE :P

the return of the Horsemen, etc :P

to be honest i didnt really watch them as much as i wanted to (except when a certain person was a member of the horseman, i wont say his name because i'll get bitched at) so that didnt really appeal to me, except for Flairs return was pretty swish :lol

The funny thing about that angle is that Warrior wrote the whole thing - he had complete creative control.

So, they're not just ripping off 98 WCW, they're ripping of Warrior's ideas. :P

The second Taker says

"I will kill Randy Orton in order to bring the Takermaniacs and the Ortonites together"

Then I'll start to think that the Warrior is the new SD! GM

Jerichio.......rise.....in WCW' date=' HA good one Dra, wait your being serious? as i can remember Jericho got the smallest push in WCW and thats it, he only became big when he jumped to the WWE :P[/quote']

LOL... oh wait, you're being serious.

Jericho was one of the most used mid-carders they had, one of the best heels, and was constantly allotted matches, storylines, mic time, gimmicks, non-stop for the year. No one really got elevated bar Goldberg, but Jericho was certainly one of only around a handful of WCW highlights below the old fart brigade. That'd mean Jericho, Booker T, Raven, Rey Mysterio and Eddie G, the only guys who seemed to ALWAYS have a feud going.

The bottom line is...who cares if they use the WCW angles? We may care...but does the WWE?

They were the ones who KILLED the WCW. They were the ones who twisted the bloodsoaked knife. And to the winner go the spoils/storylines.

They probably see it as their right.

So why should they be original? For us, the fans? Phfft...McMahon doesn't care now that WWE reigns supreme.