X-Men 3 Teaser Announcement

MrFill

By the way, for any X-Men fans out there, spot the thing that's wrong:

http://robertmonroe.org/images/xmenscreenshot.jpg

Note the guy on the left. Yes, that's Juggernaut. And it's Vinnie Jones playing him. I think the word "small" springs to mind. :P

I was sitting there at midnight pressing F5 over and over.

It was...OK, I guess. I have zero confidence in Brett "Rush Hour" Ratner though, which is always going to make me biased. Singer and Vaughn, I would have trusted them both to deliver a worthy third installment, but I can't see it happening reallly for a few reasons. Obviously, the first would be a horrible director at the helm. Second, it seems like Fox are really getting involved by making "suggestions" on which characters to use. Since this is most likely going to be the last X Men movie (at least, for a while), they're basicallly trying to cram everyone in meaning zero time for logical character growth or a story to take place without a new face interjecting his or herself every few minutes. I'd love to see something special come from this, the past two movies have just been nothing short of fantastic (pardon the Marvel pun) and if it was anyone else at the helm, I'd be excited. But not with Ratner.

Also, Beast looks like a cheapy blue werewolf from a made for TV horror film, and Vinny looks like Giant Gonzales with that muscled body suit.

Rumours abound from this trailer:

Notice the funeral scene - there's no Professor X, so is he the person who has died?

During the "walk across the bridge" scene, Jean Grey is beside Magneto, so is Dark Phoenix working with him now?

Also, Nightcrawler isn't in the 3rd film, so did they get bored with the Bamfing?

Alan Cumming had issues with Bryan Singer and refused to come on board for the third movie. After it was announced he was leaving to film Superman Returns, Cumming already had a conflicting schedule meaning he couldn't take part even if he had no problems with the new director.

I suppose they could have recast the part, but it probably makes sense not to do so in case they want to make a 4th film one day and have Cumming on board.