Hurry

Dead Crow

What the hell are you on about?

If its about strangers talking to you?! I like it, I think its when people say hello and good morning as you walk down the street or when you are in a queue its nice to have a conversation. Its old fashioned but its polite and doesnt do any harm.

• Like 1

Why must random people talk to you at a bus stop or on a bus? Or in a shop? Or anywhere else for that matter? If I move down the line and motion for you that I'm moving, I'm not sharing with you the secret code that urges me to want to listen to you talk about why you've got half a dozen Tesco bags filled with Aldi shopping and how an incident in 1943 involving your cat made your legs vunerable to death any time you're told that you can move down the bus queue if you want. If you want to call the bus driver a terrorist whilst we're waiting, go right ahead, but don't direct it in my direction. I don't know you, I don't care that you have to cheat on your wife within the next 15 minutes or that failure for this bus to move within 25 seconds will strike you down with AIDS.

STOP TALKING TO ME, YOU CRAZY INSANE MORONS!!!

I can see where you're coming from Draven. I hate it some days when people I dont know start telling me their whole life story when Im out in public and just want to keep myself to myself. They never seem to shutup.

I can concur with DraVen's rant there. I hate talking to people at the best of times, let alone people I've never even seen before. I will walk to another bus stop if it happens, I just hate it. I try and listen to my iPod at all times just so people won't mistake me for someone that wants to be spoken too.

I dont mind it so much when I'm on my own but when I have my kids with me and some stranger starts talking to them then I hate it, its awful, I've brought them up not to talk to strangers like they must have with their kids so why then do they think it ok to talk to my kids just because they are bored got nothing better to do, thing is once they stop talking to the kids they then start talking to me, asking me questions about them, I'm proud of my kids but being asked a shedload of questions about them by someone who probably has no life of their own scares me stupid.

xXx

I had this on Friday. I'd asked my dad to meet me from work and we were walking back to my house when I said to him "Careful you don't walk in that dog poo, Dad." Naturally I was concerned he was going to stand right in it (his foot was almost hovering over it for what seemed like an eternity), and merrily walk the remaining fetid mess all through my house. Now at this time some woman was trotting past us and decided to discuss the poo with me and coment on how you get indoors and wonder what the smell is only to discover....blah blah blah. What the hell do you say? I'm up for a bit of small talk, but honestly. The moral of the story is, please clean up after your dog, because I need conversations like that even less than I need poo trodden into my carpets.

I feel the same as most of you, but I've been cursed by working in retail pretty much non stop since I turned 16. That's pretty much brainwashed me into being Mr Helpful Employee any time a stranger tries to talk to me. Whether it's bumping into someone or answering a stranger's question, I instinctivly smile and try to be extra nice. Even today when I was getting out of the lift in my block of flats, I walked out the door too fast and nearly bumped into a girl who was waiting to get in. Most people would apologise and move on, but I turned into Mr Helpful Employee and said "Oh I'm sorry, are you OK, it was my fault". I didn't care if she was OK, she should have stood so close to the doors. But still I act like I care.

And the other week I was in Sainsburys shopping when an old woman asked me, 6ft5 Russ, to reach up to the top shelf to get a can of spaghetti for her. Again, I turn into the horrible Helpful Employee Man again and start a conversation with her about being so tall and how it comes in handy when I need to get stuff off the top shelf.

I still hate the general public. But through all these years of dealing with customers, I've become everything I've ever hated. :(

I don't mind the little chatter while stood in a queue at all. I think it's even cooler when old people from round our area start talking to me, it means they don't class me in the same catorgary as all the annoying chavvy 12 year olds round our area.

Nah, I find it rather pleasant to have someone to talk to on the bus.