*** Official Smackdown Thread 9th December ***

Paul

Preview:

The road to Armageddon runs through Columbia, South Carolina next week, and it will mark one step closer to destiny for several SmackDown Superstars.

Last week, Undertaker spooked Randy Orton by haunting the Legend Killer after his match, and the Deadman told the Legend Killer they were going straight to hell. Theodore Long later confirmed that Orton and Undertaker would meet at Armageddon inside Hell in a Cell, an announcement that the Legend Killer seemed very uneasy about. Will Undertaker have anything up his sleeve for Orton just nine days before they meet inside the confines of the steel cell?

Also this week, Booker T and Chris Benoit will meet in the third match of their Best-of-7 Series for the United States Championship. Booker took a 2-0 lead on the SmackDown Special, but Benoit responded by attacking Booker last Friday night and locking him in the Crippler Crossface. Can the Wolverine climb back into the series, or will the Bookerman take a commanding 3-0 lead?

During their match with Kane & Big Show last Friday night, JBL seemingly abandoned Rey Mysterio after getting poked in the eye, leaving Rey to get destroyed by the World Tag Team Champions. Will JBL have an explanation for his absence, and will Mysterio be on the lookout for some revenge?

Source WWE.com

It seems WWE are going to Afganistan again, so here are the Smackdown spoilers as they taped the show last night:

Velocity

The Toland's vs Funaki & Scotty Too Hotty

Simon Dean vs jobber

Brian Kendrick & Paul Landon vs Vito & Nunzio

Matt Hardy vs Sylvain

SMACKDOWN - 9/12/05

Rey Mysterio def JBL By DQ

Super Crazy def Joey Mercury

The BoogeyMan def Ray Gordy (The late Terry's son)

Booker T def Chris Benoit (FFS!)

Bobby Lashley def William Regal

Batista & Rey Mysterio def Orlando Jordan & JBL

Edited by MrFill

Extra Notes:

-Somebody debuted for MNM and helped them beatdown the Mexicools. He was never named, and the guy watching didn't knwo who he was, but probably an OVW cruiserweight.

-Cannon announced Kennedy was injured and put Boogeyman in his spot in a match.

-Scary Taker stuff all night with Josh Matthews doing an interview with Orton but then being possessed and talking in Taker's voice, etc, seeing things in the mirror that aren't there (like Hogan/Warrior), etc.

-A video aired showing Lashley's dominance at SS...even though he was first out.

-End of the main event had JBL "hurting his foot" and walking out of the match.

I've seen conflicting reports about MNM's new guy, apparently it's either Kid Kash or Johnny Parisi/Swinger. The Undertaker stuff could be outright hilarious though, it'll be funny to see how they pull it off.

A more detailed report has emerged:

Show opens with JBL and Jillian Hall in the ring. JBL spoke of his eye "injury" from last week, then Rey Mysterio came out for the match.

Rey Mysterio def. JBL via DQ

Orlando Jordan interfered with DAVE making the save. Teddy Long came out to make a tag match for later.

Randy Orton told his dadhe was going to call out Taker tonight.

Orton comes out and starts his promo but is interrupted by clips of Taker's previous HITC matches on the screen with Taker's accompanying voice over.

Super Crazy def Joey Mercury

Post match, Kid Kash came out and attacked Juvi while MNM beat up Crazy and Psicosis.

Diva Search reject interviewed Booker T and Sharmell.

To show how bereft of ideas the WWE creatve are, they are no lifting ideas from latter day WCW. Randy Orton was washing his face when he looked in the mirror and saw Taker, only no-one was there when he turned round. ::)

Boogeyman (w/ mouthful of worms) def Ray Gordy

Shame it wasn't Terry Gordy in his prime - Boogey would be eating worms from under the ground.

Randy Orton again. This time he is talking to his dad, who suddenly has blood all over his face. Randy looks again then the blood was gone.

Best of 7 Series - Booker T def Chris Benoit

Booker T wins after a chair shot and a scissor kick to go 3-0.

More from Randy Orton and his dad who tried to leave the arena but they couldn't get the car door open. Then the car just drove off on its own. That's one for Top Gear to review. Josh Matthews showed up to interview the Ortons but his voiced was posessed by Taker. You know, there was a reason why Papa Shango didn't get over....

Bobby Lashley def. William Regal

Regal is a good friend of HHH although you'd never have guessed it...

Rey Mysterio & DAVE def. JBL & Orlando Jordan

JBL faked a leg injury and left Jordan alone to fall to a Demon Bomb.

Was it just me, or was Rey Mysterio shaking the second rope while Batista shook the top rope hilarious? I'm still laughing at it.

EDIT: http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/photos/1526374/22.jpg

credit to SonicShadow for loading the image onto Imageshack for me

Edited by Craig

the boogey man was great. i loved the little saturday night fever dance it looked like he did. the entrence was the best one on smackdown i even think it ties with the undertaker's. if we are supposed to be scared of him they should get rid of his little jig. because im sorry but im not affraid of a dancing boogeyman.

other then him the show was bland. i liked the udertaker thing at first then it got old after what seemd like a hour skit.

anybody see a undertaker vs the dancing boogeyman in the future

All I can say is:

FEAR The Undertaker's video editing skills!

Oh, and how come they forgot about the cabinet, then suddenly OJ is part of the cabinet again? I suppose they need a mid-card faction. :P

Did anyone else find it INCREDIBLY disrespectful showing Bossman hanging? The guy only died in September 2004.

Edited by MrFill

According to WO' date=' its Kid Kash.[/quote']

According to the Commentery it was Kid Kash, he also yelled 'I'm Kid Kash' or something similar a few times.

Liked most of the matches. Boogyman RULES. Also the Orton stuff makes no sense I'd rather they had him just react to things we can't see and say what he 'sees' though the reflection is very old but good horror/thriller movie jump moment.

Edited by Anime Otaku

Was it just me, or was Rey Mysterio shaking the second rope while Batista shook the top rope hilarious? I'm still laughing at it.

EDIT: http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/photos/1526374/22.jpg

credit to SonicShadow for loading the image onto Imageshack for me

now all you need is Max Mini to shake the bottom rope.

Did anyone else find it INCREDIBLY disrespectful showing Bossman hanging? The guy only died in September 2004.

i dont think its disrespecrful at all, if it happened in a HIAC and they want to show clips of Takers past HIAC's and they want to show his HIAC from WM15 and the Bossman happen to be in that match and he got hung then what are they surposeto do show some clips of that match but leave the finalle out, i dont think so, not disrespectful in the slightest.