Sex: at what age? *adult content*

MrFill

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If its two consenting people' date=' then why not? As long as they know the consequences, I don't see the taboo.[/quote']

Because they may know the consequences, but someone else has to foot the bill when they've thrown caution to the wind and there's screaming "consequences" who need responsible parents being born.

If its two consenting people' date=' then why not? As long as they know the consequences, I don't see the taboo.[/quote']

Because you're not emotionally mature enough to understand any of the consequences.

Imagine if loads of 12 year old girls started having sex, not understanding that they should use protection and get pregnant (the early developers could).

A society where you're a grand parent at 25, a great grand parent by 38.

Yup, I REALLY want to live there. :P

Because they may know the consequences' date=' but someone else has to foot the bill when they've thrown caution to the wind and there's screaming "consequences" who need responsible parents being born.[/quote']

All sex doesn't end in pregnancy, if it did, I'd be mother of way too many kids.

Because you're not emotionally mature enough to understand any of the consequences.

Imagine if loads of 12 year old girls started having sex, not understanding that they should use protection and get pregnant (the early developers could).

A society where you're a grand parent at 25, a great grand parent by 38.

Yup, I REALLY want to live there. :P

I knew about contraception through school at 10/11. Most people at 12 know what contraception is and how to use it. It's not hard to get hold of either.

Then your a **** if your stupid enough to think you wont get up the duff and deserve to have a baby.

guutttted.

The main reason for the laws on sexual intercourse to remain is actually medical.

The average girls body at 15 is still not developed enough for sex without increasing the risk of cervical cancer. True.

Obviously there are many, many exceptions, but 16 is the safest low age it seems.

Ummm, you are aware that your body develops at a different rate to other bits of your body arent you?

Periods DO NOT mean you are ready for anything except carrying a child in your womb. Your breasts may not be able to produce milk, and your hips may not have widened enough for birth.

Because they have an abnormality of some sort. There are conditions that mean they develop too early, and even a condition where its so sped up they can go through the menopause in their early teens.

I think its gross not jsut in a medical sense but also in a psycholgical sense. If at 12 they're deemed not old enough to understand a crime (in certain circumstances) then surely they arent deemed old enough to have sex. They may understand the mechanics of sex to an extent but they probably don't understand all the emotion behind it.

And i agree with you in the family planning bit, if kids are gonna have sex when they shouldnt be, at least let it be safe.

How come people have periods at 8 or 9 then?

Bad luck!

Seriously, even if they were mentally mature and physically mature enough to take precautions, mistakes happen. Condoms split, the pill fails. I certainly don't want to foot the bill for more people having babies when they are not even old enough to work to support their kids!

Nope, you can have periods at 9 without having a medical condition, its just being very early thats all.

I don't see how at 12 you can judge if somebodys ready for sex, someone might not be ready for sex at 30! It's the individuals decision

Some people have kids and never work, should they never have sex?

Edited by MrFill