Would a WCW/ECW brand be better than SD?

carlito is cool

Do you think a combined WCW/ECW show would be better than SD? They could let all guys that are working on SD that have never worked for either company back to RAW making some fresh feuds over there. It would be a chance to have Bischoff and Heyman on screen alot together which i think would be great, the 2 have great chemistry. Throw Flair into the mix and it could be really interesting! People will say WCW and ECW don't have the name value anymore but with Vinces extensive video library and the likes of Flair, Bischoff, Heyman, RVD, Benoit, Rey, Jericho pushing the product surely the fans would go for it. For 12-18 months the show could be kept completely seperate from Raw apart from the big 4 ppvs. PPV names could be changed i.e Armageddon to Starcade and No mercy to Halloween Havoc to give the brand its own identity. There could be a Heyman vs Bischoff WCW vs ECW feud which would be great. Then of course always the possibility of a WCW/ECW vs WWE angle or WCW vs ECW vs WWE angle alot further down the line.

WCW/ECW:

Bischoff

Flair

Heyman

Benoit

Rey

Booker

RVD

Jericho

Helms

Tajiri

Big Show

Regal

Juvi

Super Crazy

Pscicosis

add the names of dreamer, credible, possibly the dudley boyz, mike awseome and even Tazz. It could be a chance to reinvigorate the crusiers and even bring back the Hardcore division which would surely bring huge interest.

Then theres the option of Goldberg,Hall, Nash and even Hogan all big names in WCW.

Just an idea beause im so sick of the brand extension and SD in particular.

Sounds like a good idea. But they couldn't exactly just say 'Remember SmackDown? Neither do we' date=' here's WCW!'. There'd have to be an angle supporting it, like a better version of Invasion.[/quote']

How about Bischoff is replaced by Shane, Eric is P'oed gets chummy with heyman they turn up on SD from week to week and slowly try to recruit guys before launching a full on Invasion a couple of months down the line. I would run the angle slowly but drop plenty of hints as to them reviving the WCW/ECW brand to get people talking.

Edited by MrFill

I think it's obvious that WWE doesn't have any intention of using the WCW brand. ECW is a different matter as it's style was very different and it feutures wrestlers never before seen on WWE tv. I would like to see another ECW show mainly on the back of One Night Stand as it was something which was totally different from WWE and was a good show. I think the idea of WCW/ECW running a show would confuse allot of marks who may not have watched WWE before 2002. These fans associate all the talent listed above as WWE superstars and it would be hard to make a WCW/ECW show have meaning. WCW died in 2001 and thats were it will stay. The alliance has been done and could have been better for lots of reasons the biggest two being booking and lack of top talent. It has been well documented that If they'd got Sting, Goldberg , Nash, Hall, Hogan etc in 2001 the storyline could have been something.

What annoys me personally is people are saying that they should 'replace Smackdown'.. even though MANY people say that at the moment Smackdown is a superior show to Raw...

look at last week.. Raw was average and so was Smackdown .. but Smackdown was of a better quality of Raw.. it you're going to replace a show.. replace Raw

Right, so mainly you don't like Raw because of Cena and HHH promos, that doesn't make a show more predictable or not. Raw is the better show in my opinion and past ratings prove my opinion, yes SD is improving with better storylines and more entertainment value, but it still is nowhere high enough as Raw. No-one has offically said SD is the top show, which is why everyone still sees Raw as the top show.

Raw is the better show in my opinion and past ratings prove my opinion' date=' yes SD is improving with better storylines and more entertainment value, but it still is nowhere high enough as Raw.[/quote']

using the ratings are abit harsh.. Raw is monday night Prime Time on one of the biggest channels...

smackdown is on Friday where most of the targeted audience go out.. and is on a smaller channel.. and there isn't a HUGE ratings difference (but i don't really understand ratings) SMackdown is usualy 2.7-2.9 and Raw is about 3.3-3.7

Smackdown is better than Raw right now' date=' so why mess with a good thing. WCW started to suck at the end anyway and ECW was always garbage.[/quote']

ECw was never garbage, thats an opinion, but one that not everyone agrees with on here, I don't think the Dudley Boyz, Tazz, Rob Van Dam, Raven, Rhino, Tommy Dreamer, Steve Corino are garbage. But then again, i can see what you see as good with your mordecai avatar so i will just leave it at that.

using the ratings are abit harsh.. Raw is monday night Prime Time on one of the biggest channels...

smackdown is on Friday where most of the targeted audience go out.. and is on a smaller channel.. and there isn't a HUGE ratings difference (but i don't really understand ratings) SMackdown is usualy 2.7-2.9 and Raw is about 3.3-3.7

It is quite a big difference, and no it isn't harsh, thats how it's done, and yes Smackdown has improved but it needs to improve more.

Edited by MrFill

ECw was never garbage' date=' thats an opinion, but one that not everyone agrees with on here, I don't think the Dudley Boyz, Tazz, Rob Van Dam, Raven, Rhino, Tommy Dreamer, Steve Corino are garbage. But then again, i can see what you see as good with your mordecai avatar so i will just leave it at that.[/quote']

Tommy Dreamer, Raven, and The Dudleys cant wrestle without some sort of hardcore spot and keep the crowd captivated. Dont believe me? Watch any Dudleys match that DIDNT use a table spot, oh wait THEY DIDNT EXIST. Or what about Raven, just look at the garbage TNA tried to push on IMACT last night and see how great of a technical wrestler he is. Or how about Tommy Dreamer, the innovator of violence why? Kanyon was a real innovator not that piece of crap.

As far as Mordecai, I never once claimed him to be a good wrestler, I just liked his character a lot and i was very captivated by where it could have went.

I really couldn't see it working, well at least not the WCW bit, as Vince hates anything to do with WCW. A ECW PPV is about as far as WWE will take the ECW name IMO and maybe another invasion angle in the future??? Also many of the WWE's fans wouldn't have a clue who what WCW was and as someone mentioned before, many of the fans wouldn't know that alot of the "WWE superstars" are ex WCW/ECW wrestlers.

Anyone who says ecw was garbage doesnt have a clue, RVD Vs Jerry Lynn, RVD Vs Lance Storm, Super Crazy Vs Tajiri, and that's just the tip of a huge iceberg so again anyone who says ecw was garbage; **** you.:D

On this whole divisional thing If they were run as individual franchises which met at PPV's maybe it could work but we all kno Vince wouldn't allow it. Personally I prefered Raw and Smackdown when they were just weekly programmes of the same brand. But that's just my opinion!:xyx

Anyone who says ecw was garbage doesnt have a clue, RVD Vs Jerry Lynn, RVD Vs Lance Storm, Super Crazy Vs Tajiri, and that's just the tip of a huge iceberg so again anyone who says ecw was garbage; **** you.:D

Yes, RVD vs Jerry Lynn was littered with high spots/Hardcore spots as was Super Crazy and Tajiri. Thats not good wrestling, thats a spotfest and its garbage.

Yes' date=' RVD vs Jerry Lynn was littered with high spots/Hardcore spots as was Super Crazy and Tajiri. Thats not good wrestling, thats a spotfest and its garbage.[/quote']

When did Tajiri&Crazy use hardcorespots? Yeah they used different styles of wrestling in respect of where they came from I.E Lucha and Japanese but if you can't respect and appreciate different cultures variations of our great sport then you're not a real fan PERIOD.

Crazy and tajiri had very few weapons and they worked a semi lucha style match near enough every time.

RVD and Lynn did have a lot of spots but they way they worked those spots in to avoid them being 'just' spots was stunning.

heck, as far as ECW went sure they had some crap, but even some of the hardcore bouts had great psychology, the barbed Wire match between Funk and sabu was near perfectly worked.