First Job

Red05

For my college course, (an extra course - i'm still in high school) i'm goign on a work placement to Marks and Spencer. I am so excited i could burst! I have to take the bus to York but i don't mind really, i think it'll be fun. This is my first job of any kind and i didn't think i'd be as excited as i am. What was your first job and how excited were you?

My first job was an early morning paper round when I was 12, used to get up at 6am and earn £10 per week.

I can't remember what my first job was after school, sometimes I used to work for a temping agency on my days off from college, making boxes and packing stuff in various factorys. Couldn't have been less excited about that. Then I got a job in Sainsburys as a shelf stacker for a few months, again I was less than excited.

Paper rounds, babysitting trident. But none of them was a job as such, not until 'THE DOOR TO DOOR WHEELIE BIN CLEANERS'. I had to canvas door to door to see who wanted their wheelie bis cleaned by a company, I got 1.50 for each one that signed up. :lol

My 1st proper job was at Pizza Hut from 1994-96, and I absolutely loved it. To this day its still the best job Ive ever had. I met my current best friend there, and had 2 serious girlfriends there as well.

I use to work as a waiter, and make a hell of a lot of money in tips as well as the basic wage. After work most days, me and some of the other waiters use to go clubbing in Central London with the money we earnt in tips which was anything from £20-£100 a day, (some of it was scamming).

As the Pizza Hut was in a leisure complex, we got free admission into the Nightclub, Cinema and Bowling alley, and 25%-75% discounts at the other bars and restaurants in the Complex.

Use to work in the afternoon/evenings as, so there was no waking up first thing in the morning to go to work either.

My first job was a training scheme with the Scottish Training Foundation, placed at New Lanark mills, basically working in the gift shop, but that changed into me going where I was needed - the ride, the cafe, the exhibits, the museum, even helping on the guided tours if necessary.

I enjoyed it, but a 6 day week with the same day (Wednesday) off every week was a bit of a pain. I stayed there 3 years before I elft to go work a five day week at a car parts shop, even though I culdn't and still can't drive :)

I got my first proper job the day i turned 16, working in Somerfield for 2.10 an hour.

When i was 14 tho i had a job delivering leaflets. 2500 delivered for £65.00. Seemed like millions at the time, though the job took me everyday after school for two weeks!

Had a Sunday paper job when I was 15 (The Times on Sunday is a evil paper :evil :evil ) Then when I left school this summer got a proper job at Streetwise Sports. Bloody love the job, about 16 girls and only 6 lads :lol Crappy pay, but aint too hard and always have a good laugh.

My first job I started at 13 and still do it today... carer for my mum, whe nI was 13 she and my granddad (he lived with us all my life) both were diagnosed with Cancer and when not at school I looked afetr both of them, he died when I was 15 but mum had sucessful treatment which left her with arthritis in all her joints, so I carried on caring for her, now my brother has arthritis too and so he is under my care too :)

I always think its disgusting that just because you're family you don't get the same carers rights that other paid carers do. My aunt was the registered carers for my grandparents when they had cancer but she got barely any financial help for it.

I take my hat off to you, its a demanding job caring for family, and not many people can do it.

As of today:NONE. Gotta love my life.:P

But really im looking for one this summer, I would love to work at the local COMPUSA store. I love computers/dvd's/tv's so if I get that job it's gonna rock. Plus cheap discounts on games and everything they sale.:D

My first job I started at 13 and still do it today... carer for my mum, whe nI was 13 she and my granddad (he lived with us all my life) both were diagnosed with Cancer and when not at school I looked afetr both of them, he died when I was 15 but mum had sucessful treatment which left her with arthritis in all her joints, so I carried on caring for her, now my brother has arthritis too and so he is under my care too

Man i have nothing but respect for you,and Drake (man you need to change back to RandyRKO) i also haven't had a job and man does it rock.