What Promotion Has Produced The Best WRESTLERS?

Brad

In your opinion, what promotion has produced the best wrestlers, now once again, I wouldn't count Eddie and Benoit in ECW even though they were there before WCW, but really the superstars that were made famous in that promotion. For example, if you think that it's the WWE for Bret, Shawn, Dibiase, or if you think it's WCW for Benoit, Eddie, Rey, or TNA for AJ, Daniels, ECW for Rob Van Dam, Steve Corino, Lance Storm or even NWA for Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Ronny Garvin. But the main point is to look at it as a promotion and not by the superstars, so really saying wwe just because shawn michaels is your favourite wrestler isn't really what i was looking for. Also this is based on wrestling skills in the ring and not overness and not even mic skills.

What are your thoughts?

I would find it difficult between WWE and WCW seeing that I like what WWE has produced (Shawn, Bret, Davey Boy Smith) but I also like what WCW has produced (Eddie, Benoit, Rey, Ultimo Dragon), they are the sort of wrestlers i enjoy watching and both companies produced them really. I would also have to say TNA is climbing with the likes of AJ and Daniels who in a way have similar styles.

I guess the easiest answer though however is that every promotion has produced greats who can all wrestle, but I was wondering what one has produced the best?

Well yeah I did realise I hadn't put ROH buti knew many people would of said ROH anyway, and I do agree, but I wouldn't of thought Samoa Joe because TNA is the bigger place and thats where he will be remembered and made big just like AJ and Daniels in my opinion.

So in other words you want the promotions that the wrestlers' made their names in, rather than the promotions in which they were produced. Strictly speaking WCW didn't actually produce any of those guys and WWE didn't produce any of those guys, but they are where they made their names.

Well yeah thats what i meant, because basically it would of been very small promotions that produced people like Benoit and Dibiase and then were collected by the big promotions through the years, so basically the promotion that has gave them the best oppourtunities for us to know of them now.

Its difficult to say because alot of wrestling become good before they make it big time, if you now what I mean. For example Ted Dibiase wasn't a product of the WWE but Bill Watt's Mid South (UWF) territory, but most people only remember him from the WWE.

RoH:

London- TWA

Joe- UPW

Punk- IWA:MS

Cabana- IWA: MS

Ki- ECWA

AJ- WCW

Aries- Lots of small time promotions in the Midwest

Lethal- JAPW

Strong- Florida based promotions

Reyes- UPW

Cide- UPW

AJPW:

Tiger Mask- NJPW

Liger- NJPW

Busa- FMW

These are just a few off the top of my head, and feel free to correct me on any I got wrong, but it still shows that even the supposed small indies like ROH didn't produce half of their own talent. Only the guys like Shane Hagadorn, Davey Andrews and Pele Primau who graduated from the ROH school would be considered "produced" by the company.

Or maybe I'm just nitpicking.

I realised he worked NWA Wildside when they had a feeder agreement with WCW, but I assumed he was Powerplant trained and simply sent there to get experience. As I said though, I didn't do any research at all for that post and just went by memory on where people came from. I could be very, very wrong.

RoH:

London- TWA

Joe- UPW

Punk- IWA:MS

Cabana- IWA: MS

Ki- ECWA

AJ- WCW

Aries- Lots of small time promotions in the Midwest

Lethal- JAPW

Strong- Florida based promotions

Reyes- UPW

Cide- UPW

AJPW:

Tiger Mask- NJPW

Liger- NJPW

Busa- FMW

These are just a few off the top of my head, and feel free to correct me on any I got wrong, but it still shows that even the supposed small indies like ROH didn't produce half of their own talent. Only the guys like Shane Hagadorn, Davey Andrews and Pele Primau who graduated from the ROH school would be considered "produced" by the company.

Or maybe I'm just nitpicking.

Thanks for this, I did meant his but I knew i couldn't get the right information, so basically Russ you are saying it's tied between NJPW, UPW and IWS:MS