Does Being Pushed Make You The Legend And Give You The Best Reputation?

Brad

Now in another post there was comments about Mr Perfect being a great wrestler and one of the best of that time with Bret and Shawn. Now I personally don't see it, but I feel that is because of the element of the lack of pushing to main event level for Curt Hennig.

Now does this mean that wrestlers who deserve to have huge reputations and legends won't become legends and won't have big reputations just because they don't get pushed enough or go to the right places and not on their actual wrestling ability or mic skills.

I mean i understand that part of being a legend and having a huge reputation would be because you could draw money and lots of fans. However, the point I am getting at is that AJ Styles is arguably one of the best wrestlers around at this time for pro wrestling, but will he become a legend and will be seen as one of the top dogs or will he be forgotten just because he is not in WWE or because he is not where he needs to be?

My answer is yes, I mean great wrestlers like Curt Hennig and British Bulldog do get forgotten when talking about the best in our generation, and the people that get reminded in this category are Micheals, Bret and Angle. I am not saying I like the way it is and it's how i choose it to be, but it's just what happens and I only remember the people that i hear about most of the time which i guess is wrong but thats just how it is done now and I don't think it is particularly fair to be honest.

Your thoughts?

i hate it when people forget about the people in wrestling that were one of the best of their time, because you dont have to be a world champion to be concidered a legend, neither do you need to be a main eventer or headliners, people like Hennig, Davey Boy, DiBiase are thrown to the side when Legends are mentioned, in my eyes the wrestlers i just mentioned are legends, thats my opinion, yeh sure none of them were the WWE Champion but Hennig & DiBiase were the two best ever heels in the WWE IMO and Davey Boy was a huge international star but still they get thron to the side whenever legends are talked about, AJ Styles is a great wrestler but he isnt a legend, yet, and its sad but AJ Styles isnt going to become the legend you think he will be unless he joins the WWE and gets more exposure, anyway back to what i was saying, IMO if you mention the Michaels & Bret Hart catagory of wreslters i would put Hennig, Davey Boy & DiBiase right with that catagory, sure they were never WWE Chamipon but that shouldnt matter. i know this sounds silly but 3 more people who get thrown to the side and forgotten about are Demoliton Ax, Smash & Crush, yeh its no secret they werent great, but during there time they were the top heel group in the WWE and i thought they were great, but others kick them to the curb and forget about them, and i know its silly but i really can see a Hall of Fame spot for Demoliton i know its dumb but thats my opinion, i definatly see Hall of Fame sports for Hennig DiBiase, Davey Boy, Macho Man & Dusty Rhodes, another person who i would concider a legend is Hacksaw Jim Duggan, but again he gets thrown the the side and left, another person i see going into the hall of fame is Duggan.

Honestly, what makes a 'legend'? It is incredibly difficult to classify who should be a legend and who shouldn't, but for me the term 'legend' is thrown around far too often at far too many unworthy people in wrestling. In order to be classified as a legend, I believe you should be the very top tier of wrestling (Hogan is a legend, Flair is a legend, Austin is a legend for instance. Since when was Nikolai Volkoff or Koko B. Ware a legend? That is basically like calling, I dunno, Rosey a legend in 10 years time) so to me, the list of people who should rightfully be called legends is actually very small.

i hate it when people forget about the people in wrestling that were one of the best of their time' date=' because you dont have to be a world champion to be concidered a legend, neither do you need to be a main eventer or headliners, people like Hennig, Davey Boy, DiBiase are thrown to the side when Legends are mentioned, in my eyes the wrestlers i just mentioned are legends, thats my opinion, yeh sure none of them were the WWE Champion but Hennig & DiBiase were the two best ever heels in the WWE IMO and Davey Boy was a huge international star but still they get thron to the side whenever legends are talked about, AJ Styles is a great wrestler but he isnt a legend, yet, and its sad but AJ Styles isnt going to become the legend you think he will be unless he joins the WWE and gets more exposure, anyway back to what i was saying, IMO if you mention the Michaels & Bret Hart catagory of wreslters i would put Hennig, Davey Boy & DiBiase right with that catagory, sure they were never WWE Chamipon but that shouldnt matter. i know this sounds silly but 3 more people who get thrown to the side and forgotten about are Demoliton Ax, Smash & Crush, yeh its no secret they werent great, but during there time they were the top heel group in the WWE and i thought they were great, but others kick them to the curb and forget about them, and i know its silly but i really can see a Hall of Fame spot for Demoliton i know its dumb but thats my opinion, i definatly see Hall of Fame sports for Hennig DiBiase, Davey Boy, Macho Man & Dusty Rhodes, another person who i would concider a legend is Hacksaw Jim Duggan, but again he gets thrown the the side and left, another person i see going into the hall of fame is Duggan.[/quote']

Thats my point, i agree that they are of legendary status or shoulkd have a high reputation but they don't get around like that to people. I just wondered why people thought that was, because if Davey Boy Smith was WWE Champion a few times, he would be up there all the time, I know he would, same with people like dibiase, Mr Perfect, even Owen Hart. These wrestlers are arguably the best wrestlers ever in american pro wrestling, if not the world, and they should be remembered for that like Bret and Shawn will be remembered, but it doesn't happen, and i think it is because they didn';t get the right push at the right time, so it does show in a way how the WWE can manipulate the fans on who to remember and it shows how we judge wrestlers by what the promotions do with them.

being pushed has nothing to do with being a legend or getting a good reputation..

Cena has been jammed down our throats but calling him a legend is spitting on the industry.. and his has very little respect..

to be a legend you have to work your ass of for years.. have a gimmcik that never sours.. and you have to be able to put on a half decent match.. Cena looses all three of those.... IMO perfect has 2/3 as for me the perfect gimmci kwas a little dull

being pushed has nothing to do with being a legend or getting a good reputation..

Cena has been jammed down our throats but calling him a legend is spitting on the industry.. and his has very little respect..

to be a legend you have to work your ass of for years.. have a gimmcik that never sours.. and you have to be able to put on a half decent match.. Cena looses all three of those.... IMO perfect has 2/3 as for me the perfect gimmci kwas a little dull

You have twisted it, Masters is also being pushed but I wouldn't call him a legend, I am not talking about people being pushed are legends, I am saying people who do get pushed the most are the ones who are the most remembered for being legends, Cena even though he is getting pushed too hard will never be a legend because he doesn't have all round talent in this buisness.