What WCW Wrestler Would You Or Have You Liked The Most Being WWE Champion?

Brad

Now this is almost like a follow on from the ECW Thread. This time, out of all the WCW wrestlers who had their best times in WCW and made it bigger there then in any other company either before coming to WWE or if they didn't come to the WWE do you think were or would be the most deserving to of been WWE champion. So before any confusions Hogan doesn't count, but I guess Austin does seeing that his best success before WWE was WCW.

Now at the moment I am thinking Sting in his prime I would believe would of had been a good WWE champion. The main one has got to be Benoit or Eddie, what are your views on this?

I know this might be a bit more difficult now realising that most WCW superstars who done well in the 90's of WCW had been in the WWE for example Hogan, Macho Man, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall.

i know i'm going to get alot of people nagging me for saying this but its my opinion...

..Curt Hennig, i just think he would of been a good WWE/F Champion, and didnt get the oppurtunity that he needed, but he should of won the WWE before leaving for WCW so i guess he doesnt count :?

i also think Sting should of worked for Vince McMahon when WCW Went out of Bidnis (Dusty Rhodes Impression :lol) and Sying would of been a cracking WWE Champion.

I will let you have Curt, even though he was in WWE first, it is difficult for you to think of more people then Curt Hennig and he didn't have the best run in WWE (well he had the 2nd best prize in the buisness at the time and was pushed as high as he could at the time)

Now this is almost like a follow on from the ECW Thread. This time, out of all the WCW wrestlers who had their best times in WCW and made it bigger there then in any other company either before coming to WWE or if they didn't come to the WWE do you think were or would be the most deserving to of been WWE champion. So before any confusions Hogan doesn't count, but I guess Austin does seeing that his best success before WWE was WCW.

Now at the moment I am thinking Sting in his prime I would believe would of had been a good WWE champion. The main one has got to be Benoit or Eddie, what are your views on this?

I know this might be a bit more difficult now realising that most WCW superstars who done well in the 90's of WCW had been in the WWE for example Hogan, Macho Man, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall.

Goldberg- If used correctly as he was in WCW 1998 he could have been MASSIVE for the WWE. I would see him on SD he has the name value and feuds against Batista and The Undertaker could have been massive. Pity Vince cocked it up or just decided to ruin the character on purpose because it wasn't his own creation.

Sting- Big name, super worker, hasn't worked with the majority of headliners in the wwe so it would be fresh. Sting vs Taker would have been great a few years back.

Scott Steiner- If this was 2000 Scott would have been a very useful heel on either show. Unfortunately his body is wrecked.

And basically the whole CW division of 96 and 97 should be on SD and be being used properly.

I will let you have Curt' date=' even though he was in WWE first, it is difficult for you to think of more people then Curt Hennig and he didn't have the best run in WWE (well he had the 2nd best prize in the buisness at the time and was pushed as high as he could at the time)[/quote']

i Blame Hogan & Warrior but thats neither here nor there. :lol

i Blame Hogan & Warrior but thats neither here nor there. :lol

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i am sure people will help back your argument seeing that Mr Perfect had the gimmick and the wrestling skills to be a champion, just the wrong time to be succesful at main event level in wwe really.

Think about it from a business point of view youve got Warrior and Hogan selling out every arena in the country, raking him in an absolute fortune, Perfect was never going to be able to draw like these 2 or put bums in arena seats like these 2. It would be like putting the title on Shelton Benjamin as champ now, yea from an in ring standpoint he probably deserves it but it doesn't make very good business sense as i doubt he could draw flies to sh..... you know what im getting at.

oh your right about Perfect not being able to sell places out like Warrior & Hogan but he was a far FAR better wrestler, not only was he a better wrestler than Hogan and warrior but he was one of the best wrestlers of his time along with Bret & Michaels

oh your right about Perfect not being able to sell places out like Warrior & Hogan but he was a far FAR better wrestler' date=' not only was he a better wrestler than Hogan and warrior but he was one of the best wrestlers of his time along with Bret & Michaels[/quote']

10 times out of 10 the guy thats gonna bring in Vince the big money is gonna be the guy carrying the title. Perfect was a good wrestler i wouldn't class him as an all time great but i rated him pretty highly.

DDP, Jarrett, Booker T

DDP-Was insanely over in 99, had a great run including winning the first ever every man for himself War Games. Was my second favorite wrestler (behind RVD) in 99. I always dreamed off a match between him and Austin, Stunner v Diamond Cutter

Jarrett-Was golden as the Chosen One, probably the greatest period of his career.

Booker T-Should have one the title off of Trippers in '03, and on any occasion he would have been champion, but he became the person that was used to destroy WCW's credibility.

I believe that Goldberg should have been the WWE Champion for a lot longer than he was. If he would have been used correctly, I think he could still be in the WWE today. Goldberg isn't the best, but he isn't the worst either. The WWE should have recreated his undefeated streak in WCW by having him win a bunch of matches in a row. That would have built him up as a monster instead of what he turned out to be. But maybe they won't make the same mistake with Bobby Lashley.