On Your Mobile...

Red05

Does it really matter if you have all the gadgets? I mean, i've jut bought a Smasung Z140, complete with Bluetooth, Video, Camera and Windows Media Player. It may have set me back £130, but i feel it was neccessery to have the gadgets. What's the point in buying old stuff, if you're going to buy something like a mobile phone, in my opinion it should be up to date. You need to keep with the times.

Today there is a lot of pressure to have the latest mobile technology, and to be "cool" by doing so, and many people oblige (sometimes reluctantly) by splashing out wads of money. Are you one of them, or are you happy to sit back with the simple stuff?

Rey Mysterio

As I was getting a new phone for my birthday (which is Monday BTW, and I know I'm getting old :lol), I thought why not get all the gadgets. So my new one cost £100, has bluetooth, camera, WMP, video and 3G (so I can get Sky on my phone if I am in 3G capability area). But I don't feel pressured to have the "latest technology phone". Point is, I didn't pay for it, so why not :P

My new phone i got in August was free on my contract, otherwise i wouldve made do with my old crappy one that didnt work properly. My new one is about £300 to buy i think and the reason i got it was the mp3 player, camera, bluetooth function and WAP. My phone is used for a heck of a lot more than just texting and talking, its a mp3 player, an internet browser, a camera, and other things. If i didnt use the functions on it i wouldnt have chosen the phone.

Here it is colour screen, camera, internet-you like it?..If you want it I'll leave it on the table while I go to the bar, you can grab it then..Or you can wait for me outside, be all lit up like a Christmas tree

DONT ADVERTISE YOUR PHONE TO THIEVES

I got the Nokia N70 3G Phone about a month ago as an upgrade for my T-Mobile Contract, and its awesome.

Got an amazing 2.0 megapixel camera, bluetooth, internet&email, can record short video footage, and can view Sky on my mobile, as well as many other features.

Im happy as hell with it.

Edited by FreeSpirit
  • Like 1

As I was getting a new phone for my birthday (which is Monday BTW' date=' and I know I'm getting old :lol), I thought why not get all the gadgets. So my new one cost £100, has bluetooth, camera, WMP, video and 3G (so I can get Sky on my phone if I am in 3G capability area). But I don't feel pressured to have the "latest technology phone". Point is, I didn't pay for it, so why not :P[/quote']

Is your sky recption any good? Mine crackles up and then has to re-buffer. I don't use it due to that, but if i wanted to it's free 'til 31st January 06.

I normally get the best phone I can for free. I got this Nokia on 3, the one with 2 cameras. The phone is pretty good, but the network sucks ass, I'm changing it next year. Main reason I wanted it was to watch Premiership highlights.

I've just bought a new phone the Samsung d600 I think it is, I wanted one with everything on it so it was the best one for the amount I paid, I get a new phone every year just before christmas normally I go for looks before anything else though as long as its small enough to fit in my pocket without making a huge bulge and has a fairly long battery life I'm happy, just lucky that the one I liked most had everything on it I suppose.

xXx

I would say, only buy a top of the range phone if you plan to use it. those who buy it just for the image, are shallow, pointless tossers. With too much money to burn. I have a great phone, but i regularly share data, down and upload, and even create my own ringtones on it, which justifies its use, i also use the mp3 player every day.

The bluetooth side of things, however is brilliant, i reckon EVERYONE should have a bluetooth phone....

Edited by MrFill