WWE Wrestlers who never showed their full worth

The Icon

Basically who do you guys thing either never lived up to their potential or were held back in WWE.

First on my list would be Jeff Hardy who was once touted as being the new Shwn Michaels but ended up being the new Marty Janetty. Jeff for reasons best known to himself just decided to stop caring about wrestling & ruined a career that could have gone places.

Lex Luger would be next on my list. Remember the Lex Express tour in 1993 / 4 WWE pushed him as the new Hulk Hogan but the man just had no chrasmia so fans didn't care so WWE had to look elsewhere for their main eventer & slowly phased Lex back into the mid card division.

Dl'o Brown during his WWE run was another, here was a guy with genuine talent but due to bad luck or a lack of a push or whatever he never reached his full potential.

Val Venis. For a time he was pushed heavily winning the Euro & IC title, then they stopped caring.

Vader is another. Here was a big man who could actually wrestle like a much smaller man, ok he was no Benoit or Hart but he was exiting to watch. Did he win any belts in WWE, no Did he main event any big PPV's no. WWE brought him in as a killer heel who went straight to the top but they lost interest & Vader never reched his potential in WWE.

There are tons of others of course but too list them all would take several weeks.

Dl'o Brown during his WWE run was another' date=' here was a guy with genuine talent but due to bad luck or a lack of a push or whatever he never reached his full potential.[/quote']

sorry but i whole heartedly disagree with that coment, D'Lo reached his full potential in the WWE, D'Lo is far from WWE heavyweight Title status, his potential was only good enough for secondary titles which is what he won, so IMO D'Lo reached his full potential in the WWE.

First on my list would be Jeff Hardy who was once touted as being the new Shwn Michaels but ended up being the new Marty Janetty. Jeff for reasons best known to himself just decided to stop caring about wrestling & ruined a career that could have gone places.

Jeff is a spot monkey, and calling him the Marty Janetty is a bit harsh on Janetty - out of the Hardy's, Matt is definitely comparable to Marty as they are both better wrestlers and Spot workers.

Jeff stopped caring because he was/is taking too many drugs, so he just turned into an idiot. Just look at his recent TNA stuff - if that's not a sign that he's high, then I don't know what is.

Lex Luger would be next on my list. Remember the Lex Express tour in 1993 / 4 WWE pushed him as the new Hulk Hogan but the man just had no chrasmia so fans didn't care so WWE had to look elsewhere for their main eventer & slowly phased Lex back into the mid card division.

Luger had the look that Vince liked, but I don't think he had the charisma. So, his title push was killed just as fast as it started.

Dl'o Brown during his WWE run was another' date=' here was a guy with genuine talent but due to bad luck or a lack of a push or whatever he never reached his full potential.[/quote']

I don't think that putting Droz in a wheelchair helped him much.

Val Venis. For a time he was pushed heavily winning the Euro & IC title' date=' then they stopped caring.[/quote']

Val is an incredibly talented worker, it's a shame that he's now Jobber meat, his push just faded away, and he's being wasted, but I suppose he stepped on somebody's toes backstage.

Vader is another. Here was a big man who could actually wrestle like a much smaller man' date=' ok he was no Benoit or Hart but he was exiting to watch. Did he win any belts in WWE, no Did he main event any big PPV's no. WWE brought him in as a killer heel who went straight to the top but they lost interest & Vader never reched his potential in WWE.[/quote']

Vader was a great big-man, pulling out a lot of moves that most other men "of size" could do. Pity that Vince didn't know what to do with him.

Others that I think should have gone further:

Dynamite Kid - a fantastic worker who was too small for Vince's liking, even though he was incredibly muscular.

Davey Boy - he showed that he could work many times, but he never got above mid-card in WWE.

Owen - a good worker, but Vince always treated him like a joke.

I could go on, but can't be bothered at the moment. :D

a Main Eventer yes, a Main Champion such as WWE or NWA champion definatly not.

Luger had the look that Vince liked' date=' but I don't think he had the charisma. So, his title push was killed just as fast as it started.[/quote']

Luger killed his own momentum by telling reporters the night before WrestleMania 10 that he was going to win the WWE title at WM :D

Edited by Ryan

Jeff Hardy is the Shawn Michaels of the team and Matt is the Marty Jannetty. But then Jannetty was better than Michaels and Matt is better than Jeff, so it is an accurate comparison.

Luger killed his own momentum by telling reporters the night before WrestleMania 10 that he was going to win the WWE title at WM.

Supposedly that didn't actually happen. It was a rumour that Scott Keith pulled out of his fat ass. Bret was always scheduled to win the belt.

Anyway, Goldberg. Strange choice maybe, but dear God did they ever mess up Goldberg. How do you book Goldberg badly? Seriously, HOW? It simply is not possible, but WWE somehow managed it.

There are a huge number of wrestlers who never showed their full worth in the WWE and most of the time it wasn't even their fault. It was the fault of the monkeys in creative.

Edited by Naitch

Vader is another. Here was a big man who could actually wrestle like a much smaller man, ok he was no Benoit or Hart but he was exiting to watch. Did he win any belts in WWE, no Did he main event any big PPV's no

Didn't he main event SummerSlam 96?

Funaki. I really do like the guy. I've always preferred the little quick guys. He's got what it takes. He even has charisma and I find him great and really natural in the mic... which is hard for a foreinger to get across to American fans.

Didn't he main event SummerSlam 96?

And was apparently scheduled to win the belt until Shawn threw a Shawnie. Match is also notable for Michaels breaking kayfabe and throwing a hissy fit during it. God I wish Michaels wasn't so damn protected in 1996, I would have given my right arm to see Vader bitchslap him all around the backstage area.

Raven-He is the best in-ring psychologist ever as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention he could deliever a promo with the best of them. So WWE sticks him in a skirt and it was over for him. At least TNA use him decently.

Rhyno-If booked as a monster like in ECW, he could have been the next Lesnar or Goldberg. Taking away his top rope Piledriver wasn't a big help to him. Nor was the fact he was a jobber since day one.

Goldberg-He might not have been the best wrestler, but when booked like a monster he was pretty good.

Jeff Hardy-I'll agree with the above posts. The crowd liked him. He had one of the best ladder matches I've seen against Taker. Good worker, when he can be bothered.

Matt Hardy-He's a good worker, not the best on the mic but can hold his own. He's now being turned into the perpetual jobber on Smackdown. Why oh Why couldnt' he sign with TNA?

Christian-Darn good promo guy and can wrestler a pretty decent match. However, wasn't roided out of his mind, so he was treated like a joke. I'm just glad he jumped ship when he did.

Shelton Benjamin. He looked a bit wobbly on a couple of spots, and now he's a jobber. Again, I guess if he took roids, he'd be ok but alas.

Raven-He is the best in-ring psychologist ever as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention he could deliever a promo with the best of them. So WWE sticks him in a skirt and it was over for him. At least TNA use him decently.

im sorry but in WWE Raven wore shorts, he only wore a Skirt in TNA :lol

EDIT: ok i found some pics of raven in a skirt in WWE, but why are you moaning about WWE putting Raven in a skirt but when TNA does it your fine with it?

Edited by Ryan

Try again kid. On Raw Shut Your Mouth for PS2' date=' he's clearly in a skirt. I also remember a Hardcore Title match between him and Rhyno with him in them.[/quote']

but he wears a skirt in TNA aswell so why arnt you moaning about that?