Statement regarding Kurt Angles health

carlito is cool

In regards to some recent internet stories about the current health of Kurt Angle, Dave Hawk of Angle's management team issued the following statement by Kurt Angle regarding his health:

"To all my fans, I'm in perfect health. Thank you for your many kind comments, prayers and concern about me, but, again, I am healthy and in great shape. Yes, naturally I have a few minor aches and pains due to bumps and bruises but certainly nothing at all life-threatening or anything that will keep me from participating in the ring. Also, I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life, as has been fabricated on many website chat rooms. This great outpouring of concern for me demonstrates that my fans appreciate my hard work and dedication to be best. I have the greatest respect for all my fans, my family and everyone at WWE. I will never let you guys down. God bless you and thank you for your support."

News Derived From: Wade Keller @ PWTorch.com

He's lying like a bitch. And not only is he lying like a bitch, but he's contradicting everything he said in an interview not too long ago now, when he admitted that Daniel Puder got the better of him because he's not as strong as he used to be, he often had no feeling in his fingers (never a good sign at all), numbness around his body, and was taking it a day at a time.

Yeah what Draven said. Are we honestly supposed to take this statement as fact? Kurt Angle has been nowhere near 'perfect health' in a LONG time and the guy has looked worse than ever lately. Seriously take a look at his arms and tell me he is in perfect health. The fact that he so strongly reinforces it with the line 'Also, I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life...' tells me that he simply is not telling the truth. A lot of people around here like Kurt Angle and I do too, but I would strongly advise that he retire yesterday before he ends up being another Paul Orndorff or worse, another Dynamite Kid.

Well Angle has said before he was concerned about how long he had, and he hasn't calmed down on his wrestling, so it wouldn't of gone, thats why he done the gold medal invitationals and gm, but now he is wrestling great matches but surely must be putting his body more on the line every night

I'm not sure, it seems as if Angle is living on something that doesn't exist. Almost like he can't accept the fact that he isn't at a great shape and probably will never be at a great shape again. I feel bad for Angle, if he lieing which I hope he isn't, he really shouldn't be, it will obnly make the situation worse for him.

Its the classic thing anyone in any sport who faces questions about his health does... DENIES IT!

All I have to do is look at the guy and I can tell he's got alot wrong with him -He has one arm smaller then the other which is a terrible sign to say the least

He can deny all he wants and even beleve his own speeches about his health but you take him to a doctor who's never seen him bbefore and they will give you about a dozen ailments that he has

Yeah, I get pretty annoyed when people who arn't in the buisness, rant about things that only people in the buisness would know. PowerSlam do it all the time, and it pisses me off. I went for a sh*t the other day, and was reading about why Pat Patterson left WWE a while back, and it's like they were in on all the conversations, with Vince and co. Last time I checked, they weren't, so it's all assumptions (Granted with some truth behind them), they, or Meltzer put forward as fact.

I know angle himself said he isn't in perfect condition, but a lot of people have blown it out of context, which is why i think this has come about. There is a chance his health has got better aswell. Flair, and Michaels were both told they wouldn't wrestle again, and look at them now. I'm sure if that was reported now, a lot of fans would be exaggerate that.

He obviously has problems, liek all wrestlers, but this is probably just to reassure people his career won't end so soon.

Yeah' date=' I get pretty annoyed when people who arn't in the buisness, rant about things that [i']only[/i] people in the buisness would know. PowerSlam do it all the time, and it pisses me off. I went for a sh*t the other day, and was reading about why Pat Patterson left WWE a while back, and it's like they were in on all the conversations, with Vince and co. Last time I checked, they weren't, so it's all assumptions (Granted with some truth behind them), they, or Meltzer put forward as fact.

To be fair to Powerslam thwey do have lots of sources within wrestling and don't print things they don't have on record (they would be sued every time they printed something if that was the case!)

To be fair to Powerslam thwey do have lots of sources within wrestling and don't print things they don't have on record (they would be sued every time they printed something if that was the case!)

Oh I know, they are usually bang on, but there is absolutley no way they could know exactly what goes on in any WWE meetings, but they put it forward as fact anyhow. Same for Metlzer, or any other respected journalist. They are right a lot of the time sure, but they can be wrong, which is something plenty of poeple don't seem to realize.

Also' date=' I DO NOT nor would I EVER do anything that would jeopardize my health or my life,[/quote']

Thats right folks, Kurt Angle would never wrestle a match and put his health in jeopardy. He would NEVER EVER EVER agree to wrestle in a match with an injury, with the risk of paralysis and other things. ESPECIALLY not a title match at a Wrestlemania event in Seattle. NEVER.

• Like 1

Flair' date=' and Michaels were both told they wouldn't wrestle again, and look at them now.[/quote']

I don't remember either man having one arm shorter than the other...

And as stupid as that may sound, it's a very bad thing. But then, why would anyone think that the business can bring about damage like what Kurt is reportedly going through? It's stupid really, isn't it Dynamite Kid? Wait.. what's that Mr. Orndorff? You agree?

I really don't know what to believe about the Kurt Angle health stories

A lot of people may argue that his in ring performances have warranted belief that he's currently below par health wise. But I, on the other hand, would argue that it's because he hasn't wrestled someone "in his league" week in, week out. Let's face it, Cena isn't the one to make Kurt look at his best - guys like HBK, Taker, Benoit, HHH and Mysterio will.

I can't remember anyone complaining about this around Wrestlemania when Kurt and HBK were working their program. It all seems to have happened since Kurt has been unable to sell stellar matches with Cena since September

So basically, i'm assuming that quite a few people's opinions will change when he goes into a feud (i'm hoping) with the likes of HHH

I imagine a few will. I personally have worried about his health since 2003, and am more worried now, in the wake of Eddie. It doesn't scare me as such that he may die, but that it's gonna take how many more wrestlers like Eddie to die before people start admitting theres a very big problem.

I really don't know what to believe about the Kurt Angle health stories

A lot of people may argue that his in ring performances have warranted belief that he's currently below par health wise. But I, on the other hand, would argue that it's because he hasn't wrestled someone "in his league" week in, week out. Let's face it, Cena isn't the one to make Kurt look at his best - guys like HBK, Taker, Benoit, HHH and Mysterio will.

I can't remember anyone complaining about this around Wrestlemania when Kurt and HBK were working their program. It all seems to have happened since Kurt has been unable to sell stellar matches with Cena since September

So basically, i'm assuming that quite a few people's opinions will change when he goes into a feud (i'm hoping) with the likes of HHH

That actually makes a lot of sense, and his match with Shelton Benjamin on Raw was good, well both of them were really.

That actually makes a lot of sense' date=' and his match with Shelton Benjamin on Raw was good, well both of them were really.[/quote']

I think it was the first one of those matches that Angle blew at least 2 or 3 spots. When does Kurt Angle ever blow spots?

To be honest, I can't believe people are denying this and are simply dismissing others as not knowing the full facts. Open your eyes and look at the guy every Monday night, the evidence is right there. This is a guy with a history of serious neck injuries, a guy who in 2003 instead of taking a long layoff opted rather stupidly for some experimental neck surgery, this is a guy whos arms are looking absolutely terrible, a guy who in the past has made statements about numbness in his arms and neck, a guy who is now so strongly denying that he would never ever ever risk his health. Nope never. Like I said we don't need to know the full facts, we just have to look at the obvious evidence here. The guy is a cripple waiting to happen.

I think it was the first one of those matches that Angle blew at least 2 or 3 spots. When does Kurt Angle ever blow spots?

To be honest, I can't believe people are denying this and are simply dismissing others as not knowing the full facts. Open your eyes and look at the guy every Monday night, the evidence is right there. This is a guy with a history of serious neck injuries, a guy who in 2003 instead of taking a long layoff opted rather stupidly for some experimental neck surgery, this is a guy whos arms are looking absolutely terrible, a guy who in the past has made statements about numbness in his arms and neck, a guy who is now so strongly denying that he would never ever ever risk his health. Nope never. Like I said we don't need to know the full facts, we just have to look at the obvious evidence here. The guy is a cripple waiting to happen.

I agree kurt hasn't looked right for ages, his back is still quite well built but his arms look like twigs in comparrison and the couple times I have seen him he does look quite ill at times.

I agree kurt hasn't looked right for ages' date=' his back is still quite well built but his arms look like twigs in comparrison and the couple times I have seen him he does look quite ill at times.[/quote']

May I add his head to this list of odditys too, he used to have a normal shaped head but in the year and a bit his head has gained a swell, his forhead is normal but instead of going flat all over it now has a big ridge, not normal!!