Handling Backyard Wrestling

yoyo

* Police are considering filing charges against a group of teenagers who staged an amateur wrestling show at a local cemetery in Apollo, Pennsylvania. The scenes include a teen throwing another teen on christmas ornaments and thumbtacks.-www.lordsofpain.net

After hearing about the Graveyard incident in Pennslyvania, what do you think about backyard wrestling and how should it be handled?

Edited by yoyo

Not sure what the incident was either but I have been in a backyard wrestling match (when I was 18) and its not nice, I was lucky not to end up in hospital and my 'opponant' did, its not something you want to do, we thought we were so great and could do what they did on TV we couldn't!!

How should it be handled- thats hard, its something that not easy to do, unless you tell someone you are going to go and do a match its hard for anyone to find out and so stop you, mainly all I can think of is edjucate people better on why its best to train properly if you want to wrestle

Backyard wrestling is stupid. leave it to the trained guys kids. Anyone who does this without being trained is STUPID. Nothing more nothing less (I dont mean just playing about' date=' I mean actual Backyarders).[/quote']

I agree whole heartedly with that!! I was an idiot to do it and so was the guy I did it with, we had no training and ended up hurt, now i'm a little older (21) and wouldn't do it again for all the money in the world

me and my freind did up are trampoline with cord and turnbuckles and we do a bit of backyard wrestling but not too much we but on a show once a week with some other people and get about 20 to 30 people showing up its not hardcore stuff and we have all been to iww for a few weeks and know are stuff as for the graveyard guys fools!!

I used to backyard with my pals' date=' we never did anything dangerous and we sort of grew out of it.[/quote']

Glad to hear you have grown out of it, I was taked into doing a match, we actually had it filmed by another 'friend' I stpuidly agreed to take the harder bump and top make the match short, I was hit with a flutrecent tube and we didn't use mats for the ring is al lI will say

I thinkbackyard wrestling is fine, as long as you know your limitations. When i was growing up, me and my Brother wrestled a lot of the time, but we never did anything like piledrivers, or suplexes, whhich is why we're both perfectly healthy today.

I saw a video of a curbstomp (If anyone doesn't know, you pull your opponents arms back, lifting them up, then stamping their face to the mat) onto a real curb with light tubes on. I'll try and find the video, but I'm sure most of you have seen it already. Anyone who does that kind of stunt deserves to be injured.

Can we even classify some of this crap as 'wrestling'? Last time I checked a bunch of pasty fat kids hitting each other with lightbulbs in their backyards while Mom cooks dinner, then blames the WWE when something goes wrong, isn't wrestling. When New Jack is your wrestling idol, you know you're in trouble. Hey, lets take one big fat 240lb kid and let some other kid weighing 110lbs soaking wet carrying an anvil and lets have the skinny kid Piledrive the fat guy onto concrete, risking possible paralysis. Man that'll be awesome! *High fives all round*. Backyard wrestlers are a disgrace to the sport they seek to copy (horribly). They see Mick Foley dropping bad Elbows and leaping off a roof onto a mattress so they think its cool to Powerbomb their best friend from the top of a mountain or something. Idiots.

On a final note, I would like to take all backyard wrestlers ever who think its cool to hit people with lighttubes, line them all up in front of Harley Race at his wrestling school and have Race bitchslap each one, one after the other. Sure this may take a while, but Harley F'n Race has plenty of bitchslapping to go around.

Edited by Naitch
  • Like 1

There's a video of two kids up on a first story roof (that's one level, in case you didn't work that out) - one guy picks up the other, then he leaps off and lands on a table.

Surprisingly the guy holding the other hurts his butt, the other hurts his head.

That is what happens to idiots who don't think things through, which is what Backyard Wrestling is.

There's a video of two kids up on a first story roof (that's one level, in case you didn't work that out) - one guy picks up the other, then he leaps off and lands on a table.

Surprisingly the guy holding the other hurts his butt, the other hurts his head.

That is what happens to idiots who don't think things through, which is what Backyard Wrestling is.

Saw that. MAN that must have hurt his butt!!!

I thinkbackyard wrestling is fine' date=' as long as you know your limitations. When i was growing up, me and my Brother wrestled a lot of the time, but we never did anything like piledrivers, or suplexes, whhich is why we're both perfectly healthy today.[/quote']

Right on. Just know your limitations, as well as know what you're opponents going to do. I used to backyard wrtestle in high school, we'd practice individual moves in the hallways before class let out. Sure I've been awesome bombed onto a pile of junk in my friends basement, and I've had plenty of records smashed over my head (really not that big of a deal)... rikishi drivers, pumphandle slams. Hmm... we've tried powerbombs through tables, but the school buys too high quality tables, and they'd just crack.

I guess the younger people on here who are saying about beds and trampolines isn't the case of backyard wrestling. I mean yeah you are wrestling without being trained, but you are only mucking about, you are not using light tubes, and jumping through flaming tables. I have managed to miss a moonsault when i was like 11-12, i put cushions down to show someone how to do it, they moved the cushions and i hit the floor, it was carpet though, still hurt. I guess that isn't bad, and I still wouldn't do that now, thats stupid but nothing like that, thats a different level of stupid (backyarding).

The way to handle it is to either wait till they get seriously injured or their mates or to see themselves or friends die, apart from that, you will always get it.

The WWE could update their 'Dont try this at home' promo's, so people care and pay attention.

Otherwise, just leave them do it. When they end up in Hospital, hopefully they'll use their brains and leave it to the people who can wrestle.

Most probably don't watch WWE, they are probably hardcore CZW fans, I can tell this because WWE have never used light tubes as far as I can remember.

Heh, nowadays I only wrestler with my dog. She's a pit bull (don't say it you doggist ß@$†***$) and can take a pretty good bump… no, I set her down fairly gently on her dog bed.

Anyway as for the dumb basses (stupid fish) that powerbomb eachother off their parent's houses. They were morons to begin with. The fact that they do moronic wrestling moves has more to do with the fact that they are retarded than that wrestlers have set a bad example. there are plenty less idiotic backyard federations. hell the one I belonged to had a few wrstlers in training and a legitimate ring. We practiced moves and worked out the basic flow of a match days, even weeks before shows. My most favorite were the on location brawls. You ever been superplexed off a a jungle gym (the height was actually about six inches shorter than the top turnbuckle of a ring) onto wood chips? Or hit someone with across body block off the top of a tube slide? How about a flying head scissors after jumping from a swing? It's rush.