Why do you like wrestling?

yoyo

Got to admit, im a total mark (gets ready for piles of abuse from smarks), and i still enjoy what i've always enjoyed, and the best way to explain it, is "the what happens next week factor" no matter how bad it gets, and it does, sometimes, i'll always tune in to see what happens next.....

I got into wrestling at first with a friend who recommended it and I watched it and was amazed how these athletes can pull off what they can. These as I put it super human athletes amazed me and entertained me with their in ring skills.

The way they could talk and keep to scripts like true professionals also amazed me and I will say I think the combination of wanting to see a great storyline in the WWE as well as awesome matches from TNA and ROH make me watch wrestling.

The athletes make me watch it, not a man behind a desk 200 miles away the atheletes who put their lives on the line to entertain us practically every night.

1 reason and 1 reason only .................................... THE BOOGEYMAN

You and me must be the only people who like the Boogeyman.

And in response to the question i watch WWE at the moment due to the smackdown raw feud thing that is the main thing keeping me watching oh and waiting for the day cena drops the title...... i could be watching for sometime yet

And in response to the question i watch WWE

The question was wrestling not WWE,

wrestling > WWE

wrestling does not =WWE

Anyway to answer the question it's alot like asking an addict why he is an addict,you get a small dose of it and you keep wanting more.

Edited by GENE

Got to admit' date=' im a total mark (gets ready for piles of abuse from smarks), and i still enjoy what i've always enjoyed, and the best way to explain it, is "the what happens next week factor" no matter how bad it gets, and it does, sometimes, i'll always tune in to see what happens next.....[/quote']

Exactly what I was going to say!

I watch it for the wrestling itself and also, as Antihero put it, the 'What happens next week?' factor. And so I can see Cena drop the title to Kurt or Triple H :)

This is actually a really tough question to answer. It is like asking why you like a particular song or film, you really can't put it into words. But to me, wrestling when done right is an artform. If music, films, literature, paintings etc. can be considered art then I don't see why a great match or a great promo can be considered art. Tell me Steve Austin in the Sharpshooter with blood streaming down his face isn't art. Or Magnum TA standing over a beaten and bloody Tully Blanchard after their I Quit match isn't art. Or Ric Flair's entrance before his cage match with Harley Race at Starrcade isn't art. Sometimes, and this may sound corny but what the hell, wrestling has the power to get the hairs on the back of your neck standing up like almost nothing else can. Whether it is Mick Foley cutting a fantastic promo or Terry Funk, after challenging Flair to the title, turning from sweet, quiet voiced Terry Funk to crazy old timer Terry Funk in a matter of seconds or (and I know its a horrible match) Foley taking the dive off the Cell while Jim Ross screams for his life on commentary or Benoit and Eddie in the middle of the ring hugging as they both hold World Titles, wrestling has a certain 'it' that almost nothing else has. Sure sometimes wrestling can be pretty horrible, but even then we can look back and laugh with affection I guess about how horrible it was (the Meltzer WCW Quotes thread for instance), but no matter how horrible it can get, there are always a number of other great things which keep me watching. To use the WWE as an example, Vince McMahon has OKed a lot of horrible, even tasteless things in recent years, but even when I swore to quit watching in protest, that son of a bitch always finds a way to draw me back in. Whether it was Eddie Guerrero or Chris Benoit going out there and busting their ass every week for little or no rewards or Brock Lesnar being well Brock Lesnar in the main event, I am always drawn back in. Sure Raw these days isn't great and pretty much the entire roster has been booked badly, but there are all these little things that keep me watching, like Flair or Carlito or MURDOCH. I think no matter how bad the WWE gets, I'll continue watching because as someone said it is like an addiction. And anyway if you don't want to watch WWE and you think it is terrible, you can always bust out some Mid South or early-mid 90s AJPW and all is right with the world. Wrestling has got something for everyone. So yeah, I can't really answer why I like wrestling so much and that was a corny old post, but there you go.

I enjoy the general story telling. Even if it is comical at times. I think wrestling is a fun show. Some action in the ring truly is crap, but other times it's really good. I just like it. It's hard to explain, it's one of those "i just do" kind of things.

I watch wrestling for moments that I will remember forever.

I am big on memorable things, and things that aren't predictable.

I love daredevil moves that they do sometimes.

I'm a sucker for a good promo.

I love a good ol' fashion fight with weapons.

I am a big fan of big bumps.

And there are also moments that just stand out, that are electifying.

Like Sting vs Hogan at Starrcade 97' or when HBK came back into the nWo.

or when Flair came back after the Alliance vs WWF Survivor Series.

Or anytime someone comes back that has been gone for a while.

See the problem with me is I never really got to see all the good stuff while it was happening. Austin vs McMahon, the original nWo or DX, Goldberg's Streak. and some of the other great moments that happened during my time watching wrestling except I missed the show, like the Kurt Angle milk truck and I even missed Shawn Micheals' nWo comeback introduction.

I'm angry about all the great stuff I missed and I'm watching wrestling waiting and hoping for a phenominon to catch on and happen like DX, nWo, or Austin vs McMahon, or Hulkamania(in its prime).

This is actually a really tough question to answer. It is like asking why you like a particular song or film' date=' you really can't put it into words. But to me, wrestling when done right is an artform. If music, films, literature, paintings etc. can be considered art then I don't see why a great match or a great promo can be considered art. Tell me Steve Austin in the Sharpshooter with blood streaming down his face isn't art. Or Magnum TA standing over a beaten and bloody Tully Blanchard after their I Quit match isn't art. Or Ric Flair's entrance before his cage match with Harley Race at Starrcade isn't art. Sometimes, and this may sound corny but what the hell, wrestling has the power to get the hairs on the back of your neck standing up like almost nothing else can. Whether it is Mick Foley cutting a fantastic promo or Terry Funk, after challenging Flair to the title, turning from sweet, quiet voiced Terry Funk to crazy old timer Terry Funk in a matter of seconds or (and I know its a horrible match) Foley taking the dive off the Cell while Jim Ross screams for his life on commentary or Benoit and Eddie in the middle of the ring hugging as they both hold World Titles, wrestling has a certain 'it' that almost nothing else has. Sure sometimes wrestling can be pretty horrible, but even then we can look back and laugh with affection I guess about how horrible it was (the Meltzer WCW Quotes thread for instance), but no matter how horrible it can get, there are always a number of other great things which keep me watching. To use the WWE as an example, Vince McMahon has OKed a lot of horrible, even tasteless things in recent years, but even when I swore to quit watching in protest, that son of a bitch always finds a way to draw me back in. Whether it was Eddie Guerrero or Chris Benoit going out there and busting their ass every week for little or no rewards or Brock Lesnar being well Brock Lesnar in the main event, I am always drawn back in. Sure Raw these days isn't great and pretty much the entire roster has been booked badly, but there are all these little things that keep me watching, like Flair or Carlito or MURDOCH. I think no matter how bad the WWE gets, I'll continue watching because as someone said it is like an addiction. And anyway if you don't want to watch WWE and you think it is terrible, you can always bust out some Mid South or early-mid 90s AJPW and all is right with the world. Wrestling has got something for everyone. So yeah, I can't really answer why I like wrestling so much and that was a corny old post, but there you go.[/quote']

dude... PARAGHRAPHING!!!!!

1: There's just that addictive quality to it, mentioned so many times...

2: the high flyers are always impressive...no matter what people say.

3: The Boogey man now also becomes a reason - weird and wacky, sheer class.

4: Triple H's Performances and Vicious assaults...I love those. Oo

5: Undertaker...

6: The worlds MOST Dysfuntional family since the Simpsons...the McMahon clan. XD

That lists my top reasons...Oo