Ole set for return....

Ole Set For Shock Return

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is set for a shock comeback on Monday, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Solskjaer has missed the vast majority of the last two seasons with a serious knee injury.

But the 32-year-old Norwegian striker began training with the first-team this week is will start or play a part against Liverpool's reserves on Monday night at Hyde's Ewen Fields stadium.

"Ole should start or play against Liverpool," Sir Alex told the Manchester Evening News.

"On Tuesday he hadn't trained with the first team at all but yesterday he trained with us for the first time and looked absolutely terrific.

"I am really pleased about this and there is some light at the end of the tunnel now."

The news comes as a surprise just two days after Sir Alex had delivered a bleak assessment earlier this week, saying he could not put a date on Solskjaer's return.

However, the latest developments will delight United fans who regularly sing his name at matches.

From Manutd.com

woo hoo thats some good new after all the bad new thats surrounded man united recently, although he wont be what he was I still feel he will be able to use his footballing brain to help united alot.:thumbsup

Ole is back!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA--nah. Ole wont fit into the current squad, if he replaces Rooney or Van Nistelrooy then there is seriously something wrong with Fergie. My opinion, either Transfer list Ole, or just give him the Beckham treatment, boot to the head!

The super-sub is back! He probably won't be exactly the same as he was, but he is 32 now aswell. He is a very good player though, and the defences may be tricked by him in my opinion. No ones faced him in so long they may have forgotten how he plays. He may just kick start Man. U's season. Or he may get injured again and retire through the painful difficulties; you know....it's touch and go with each really....