Peter Crouch

Daz

Is it me, or does this guy really suck at playing football. Every time Liverpool play, I usually watch the highlights of the match, and when Crouch plays he has got to be the sloppiest player on the field. No ball control, crap accuracy and the worst finishing ever! Why does every one defend him? Why is he getting into the England squad? He doesn't deserve a place in first team football. Any else agree.. I'm sure you do.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought the role of a striker was to actually score goals, not miss open nets and begging chances. Crouch is the most under-criticised player in the premiership. Just for the record, I am NOT a Liverpool supporter, I'm Man Utd.

Crouch is a good player he scored goal sfor southampton and he'll eventua;;y start banging them in for liverpool

he's playing better than any other of the strikers at the club

he may not have scored but look how of the goals he's been part of

Not a big fan at all. People harp on about ' hes got a great touch for a big man' his touch is ok yes but for a 7 million pound striker playing in the premiership id be pretty worried if his touch wasn't good! He is 6'7 yet he is crap in the air, he is about as strong as a 7 stone 10 year old schoolboy and we are in december and he hasn't bagged a goal yet. If Liverpool fans are happy with this uncordinated bafoon leading their attack then so be it but Sven please keep him well away from your world cup squad!!!

As for the claim that he has 'no ball control'- that is just a ridiculous thing to say, when the balls get pumped up to him if you watch you will often see him deftly taking it down on his chest, then rolling a simple but effective pass back. He has superb close ball control, especially for his frame.

If I was manager of Liverpool, I would also be playing him- defenders HATE playing against him, because he is so unorthodox. Real Betis did not have a clue what to do to nullify him.

I also think Erikkson is spot on using him as a sub as well. I am a Tottenham fan, and though would love to see Defoe get some more action, if we are drawing or losing at 70 minutes, bringing Defoe on for Owen is pretty pointless. Crouch is different, unsettles defenders.

Just look at the game against Argentina. We were losing 2-1 when Crouch came on. Sure, he didn't score- but his introduction encouraged us to cross balls into the area, from which we scored the 2 goals that won us the game. That was as a result of Crouch being on the pitch.

Too many people are taking the mick just because he is an easy figure to poke fun at. He hasn't scored yet for Liverpool, granted, but at the end of the day- as long as he is playing well and creating chances for other players, he doesn't need to be prolific, he isn't that sort of player. But at what he is good at, he is very good at in my opinion.

Also, for anyone who plays PES 5, put him in the England team- he wins EVERY ball in the air! ;)

If I was a defender, I would be happy to see Peter Crouch take a run at me, he is harmless. We arn't discussing PES5, i play football games and I can make any player win any ball. Fact is, as Carlito said we are in December and he hasn't scored yet, this proves either the playmaking in Liverpool is crap, or his finishing is crap. And big deal if Crouch scored for Southampton, he plays for Liverpool now, and he's scored zero, missed a penalty, and wasted sitters!

Thought it was rubbish when he first played for QPR, thought he was rubbish at Villa, thought he was rubbish at Southampton and that the goals last season were a fluke. Still think he's rubbish now, still can't believe that Liverpool paid £7 million for him.

How he made the England squad I will never know? This clown is a complete and utter joke.

Bottomline is he was signed for £7M from Southampton to do a job which is score goals, yet he hasn't even achieved one solitary goal this season, and its almost Christmas for crying out loud.

If he hasnt scored at least 10 by the end of the season then Benitez should just cut his losses and offload him to the highest bidder.

He had a few good games at Southampton towards the end of last season and all of a sudden he bacame hot property. Before that he was useless and he's useless now. He's a Championship player who happens to be 6'7", so lets stick him in the national team and lump long balls up to him, i'm embarrassed to see him in an England shirt. Come back Emille Heskey all is forgiven.

As a Liverpool fan you may think i'd be peeved at his scoring droubt. But i'm still behind the big guy. Sure, he may not be scoring, but his performances don't totally suck. As Benitez says, it'll come......right? :lol

Seriously, he will score eventually.

Yeah, thats what NASA said about the Meteorite, it will come. We have been waiting a good few years :P Honestly, Rafa is only defending him because he paid £7 Million for him, he knows that if he criticises him then it will make it clear that he is a waste of money, which he is. Andy Cole is scoring more than him.. bring him out of retirement and stick the England shirt on him, he would do better than Crouch.

I saw Peter Crouch as a West Brom supporter way down in what was then Division 1, which was actually division 2, the premiership was division 1 and then... never mind!

Anyway I saw this Peter Crouch and I thought to myself that he had got to be the most ineffective striker I have ever seen in my life, "Rodney" chants aside, the guy lost the ball between the massive stride, is too big to try any blind side moves and his illustrious move to Villa was because Graham Taylor at the time went for big men to score headers off crosses and set pieces.

Crouch's ability lies with his height and his ability to head the ball, once Crouch was found out at Villa he was soon on his way.

The next thing I knew was that Crouch was playing for Southampton as their lead scorer, well could I just point out that Southampton were RELEGATED!

Whatever Liverpool are doing with him I will never know! Southampton must have seen them coming!

There's also the case with the French guy too... good player... not playing! Um hello? Cisse over Crouch every time!

Saz

Very true, Cisse should be playing instead of that donkey Crouch, but thats up to Rafa, if he doesn't want his strikers to score goals, then its up to him. Sell Owen and bring in Crouch.. great idea Rafa!

Can I just say, it isn't Crouch's fault for being picked for the England team, that's Sven and the same goes for Benetiz and Liverpool.

Obviously Benetiz works with Peter everyday in training and must see something in him that's more effective than Cisse.

Now I do understand there's a current rift between Cisse and Rafa, but to be honest, whilst people (like my bro) can shout at the television in anger 'HE'S FCUKING NOT STARTING CISSE AGAIN!!!'...To be honest I haven't seen much from Cisse that's impressed me. He goes missing in big games and generally is a Thierry Henry wannabe.

Also the fact that liverpool are on a good run of form in the league (with Crouch playing regulary) will tell you Crouch is certainly playing some part.

He's assisting goals and is linking play up front well. I agree he should have scored by now but for all Crouch doubters; two words, one memory, one reason to have faith.

DIEGO FORLAN

(I'm a United Fan)

Cisse is ten times better than Crouch! I cant believe I'm actually defending a Liverpool player :P, but Crouch is taking up peoples spot in the England team, so if Crouch deserves a spot, then so does...

ANDY COLE

Andy Cole, Andy Cole, Andy Andy Cole, He gets the ball and he scores a goal, Andy Andy Cole.

Lets see Crouch get a chant like that!