Favourite film genre?

MojoPogo

Whats everyones favourite genre of film?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Whats everyones favourite genre of film?

• Comedy
    • Action
    • Thriller
    • Romance
    • Horror
    • Sci Fi
    • Other (please state)

My favorite genre of film is Comedy. I love a good Jim Carey film I think hes a great actor and I like a laugh god knows i dont get many of them lately. I also dont buy horror films because. I spend most of the film with my finger in my ears and my eyes shut. So for me really a waste of money!!

:)

Any genre can be good if it's done right. I like comedies, so long as they're actually funny and not some dumbass piece of slap stick $#¡†. I'm also enjoy epic fantasies such as Lord of the Rings, I'm also pretty psyched about the up coming Chronicles of Narnia. I hope they do them all, even though I haven't read the books since I was a pretty young kid.

i agree with Twiggie..... Any genre can be good if it is done right (for example i really enjoyed 13 going on 30 and thats a romantic comday/ chick flick). However looking at my DVD collection i tend to side with Horror movies more. Also i am the same about the Chronicles of Narnia (which i havent seen anything from there BBC sunday afternoon TV shows)

I went for other as it really is a genre of its own... It's the comic book adaptation...

The best combine humour, social commentary, love, action and kick ass characters into one big pan and make a great film...

Example?

Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, X-Men, X-Men II, Hellboy, Constantine, Spiderman and Spiderman 2...

Comic book movies kick ass....

I went for other as it really is a genre of its own... It's the comic book adaptation...

The best combine humour, social commentary, love, action and kick ass characters into one big pan and make a great film...

Example?

Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, X-Men, X-Men II, Hellboy, Constantine, Spiderman and Spiderman 2...

Comic book movies kick ass....

do you like Hellboy??I think its rubbish, love Constantine though.My favourite type of film is Horror i love the scary movies.

do you like Hellboy??I think its rubbish' date=' love Constantine though.My favourite type of film is Horror i love the scary movies.[/quote']

Hellboy is a superb film - if you know the comics, then it's the closest adaptation that I think I've seen.

Having the creator on-set and working with them really helped the film.

Batman Begins wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Christian Bale isn't a very strong of an actor to be Batman. Keaton on the other hand took the role and perfected it. Batman was a true dark hero, until George Clooney popped in and said hello. Batman and Batman Returns are the best of the series.

Spiderman I didn't enjoy because both films were basically the same.

Horror films these days are getting worse, I think that genre is slowly being killed off.