Any Scottish football fans out there?

MojoPogo

You've lived in the town that Falkirk play in for 25 years? What, Grangemouth? :D

Still, at least the stadium is near to The Beancross, they do lovely prawns in Thai Sweet Chilli sauce with noodles. But if I'm in Falkirk (which isn't so often now, but up until September it was a few times a month) I prefer Behind The Wall for a great pub/restaurant combo. Cheap drinks, delicious Mexican food, all within a 30 second walk of Grahamston Station.

Anyway, this is about football, not food. I'm a Hamilton Accies fan. We're ridiculously high up the First Division despite having a clueless manager who plays ridiculous formations like 3-6-1 and a team full of old men and young guys with no skill who run around like headless chickens for 90 minutes. We're not going to get relegated, which is what I'd take at the start of the season, but St Mirren are so far and away better than any other team in the league that there's no hope of promotion either. Finishing in the top 3 this season would be remarkable, but a top 5 finish is more likely.

It is a shame, but a striker is really the last thing we need. We've got Paddy Keogh, Graeme Jones, John Robertson, Brian "Carrots" Carrigan, Mark Gilhaney, Scott Tunbridge, Scott MacKenzie and a promising youngster Paul McLeod all competing for about 2 places up front. Harty is a proven goalscorer at this level, but putting him into the team is only going to mean more headaches for Billy Reid and he'll end up going back to that ridiculous 3-4-3 formation to accomodate all of our attackers, sacrificing a defender when already we struggle at the back when Mark McLaughlin isn't playing.

It's amazing to think such a diddy team like Hamilton who are currently flying high after getting to the Bells Cup final and bettering expectations in the league could be so unhappy with their manager, but I just don't think Reid fully understands the tactics of football. Against Clyde this season, he made two subs after 20 minutes not due to injury, but because he realised our strikers weren't going to do the job. He started with two very similar players in Robertson and Carrots up front who were being completely taken apart by Clyde's strong defenders, until he put on Big Paddy and Jones who are more physical. But that's the kind of thing you should work out well ahead of time, rather than realising 20 minutes into a match.

I expect this to be our last successful season for a while unless we get a new manager. Reid is too reliant on his former Clyde pals who are all on the wrong side of their 30's, and without a lot of money to be spent, we're not going to replace a whole team in the summer. Still, I live in hope. We might see a couple of new signings come January.

I like Celtic, and I'm not from Scotland. I have seen them play at Parkhead three times, and once at the San Siro. I love the ground, and the fans are amazing.

I use to love when Scottish football was on Sky Sports, and when BBC1 London showed the Old Firm games recently, but now its hard to watch any action as they are on Setanta Sports all the time :(

use to love when Scottish football was on Sky Sports, and when BBC1 London showed the Old Firm games recently, but now its hard to watch any action as they are on Setanta Sports all the time

I mean you pay the money for your tv lisence and then on top of that you buy sky which could be up to £40 or £50,then on top of that to see Scottish football you have to pay and extra £130.Bliming ridiculous.

Crippler your not from Scotland so it doesn't bother me if you "support" the "Auld Firm", take a look at a map of Scotland and find Fife then look for Glerothes,around that area 95% of people will "support" the Auld Firm and look how close to Glasgow it is,that's what i call a glory hunter.And that is what ruins football.

When I started going to watch football in 1988, I could see the Parkhead floodlights from my front garden, so we started going there. 1988 Celtic won the double and I though this football lark was easy. Nine years later, and Iknew it wasn't :(

I also follow Stranraer as my dad is from there and regularly took me to all the games in the first ever promotion winning season.

I follow the mighty Gretna.

Sure, I'm not from Scotland...have actually never been to Scotland, but I don't care what people say, I am a Spurs fan first and foremost, but after them the first result I look for is Gretna.

Came about through watching Soccer Saturday, as the myth of Kenny Deuchar rose and rose! The man's a legend!

I'm from Fife(about 20 minutes from the afore mentioned Glenrothes) and I support Rangers. I supported them from before anything I can remember, and probably when I didnt even really know what football was, basically because my dad supports them. I try to go to games and that as well, although Ive not been able to for a few years due to lack of money or other commitments, so havent been able to get there.

I live nowhere near scotland, but i have followed the scottish league for a while, with Rangers being the team of choice. Some may call it glory hunting, me, i call it family fueds. My uncle is scottish and has supported Celtic his whole life, so when i was a lot younger and i found out about this, and who their rivals were, it was an easy choice to start following Gers. I dont follow them as actively as i do west ham down here, but i take an interest in what goes on up there and how the boys in blue are doing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...