Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

MrFill

Last night we went to see the latest Harry Potter film in IMAX baby, and I have to say that it's the best Harry Potter film so far.

Well, the ending is a bit "meh", but the rest of the film REALLY makes up for it.

There are a few problems - the kids have TONS of "teen angst", but they're all far too "pretty" to be normal teenagers, and they must use magic to get rid of zits. :P

Oh, did I mention that we saw it in IMAX baby! :D

The effects are ASTOUNDING, the main actors are good, but like all other Harry films, the other kids tend to be rubbish actors. But it's always good to see British sitcom actors in a MAJOR film. :xyx

Not to mention that we saw it in IMAX baby! :D

If you're a fan of the Harry books or the Harry films, then this is a "must see", but if not, see the first 3 films first, and then see this one, or most of it will make no sense.

AC.......just watch our copy when you come on down at the weekend. ;)

TBH Emma Watson has come on in leaps and bounds as an actress, and Daniel Radcliff isnt exactly David Platt (Soap opera refereance, not football).

No, as a film I totally enjoyed this. 4/5 for me. :)

By far and away the best in the series so far, but because of the size of the book, a LOT is missing, which seems to have upset a few people, but you simply cannot translate a full book directly to film, it would be about six hours long for a start! I'd also give it 4/5!

AC.......just watch our copy when you come on down at the weekend. ;)

TBH Emma Watson has come on in leaps and bounds as an actress, and Daniel Radcliff isnt exactly David Platt (Soap opera refereance, not football).

Sweet. And Watson's the only one likely to become any kind of star out of the trio. The other two just aren't very good actors - although that doens't spoil my enjoyment of the films.

[edit]And I really hope the studio makes the decision to start splitting the books into two films each from now on. Double the revenue - you get the Summer and Christmas blockbuster spots, plus you include a lot more fromthe books so it gives a more satisying experience.

The problem with taking a kid to see the movie is the ending, it's pretty dark.

I know that the books get darker as time goes on, but it's the first one with this kind of ending.

And what's wrong with going to the cinema on your own? :P

As for splitting the films into 2, I'd rather have a 3 hour film than have it "stop" half way through.

With them missing stuff out, it's rather like the LotR films - they missed out TONS from the books, but the films are still raved about.

Maybe they should do a version like the LotR films - an "extended" version which has all of the extra stuff in it. :D

I still hold out hope for quality series of all these great fantasy sagas before I'm dead. The BBC in charge of production in partnership with US executive production (I.e.: money) and technological know making 12- 24-part TV series of the books... *drool*

I still hold out hope for quality series of all these great fantasy sagas before I'm dead. The BBC in charge of production in partnership with US executive production (I.e.: money) and technological know making 12- 24-part TV series of the books... *drool*

That would be cool. I loved the film, they are definately getting better as a series, thought the dragons and other animated bits looked really good, i jumped so much it was stupid.:lol

In all fairness I think she will go far. She seems to have a cult following on the interweb and as' date=' lets be honest, she is a pretty girl, she will probably be a beutiful woman in a few years which will only help her.[/quote']

Oh yeah, for sure. If I were to become a paedophile, I'd start with her.

But I'm gonna watch the film tonight anyway, and hopefully enjoy it. I've loved the first three so I have high hopes :)

NO WAY' date=' Fleur was so not-pretty it was unbelievable. And we did think Cho should have been hotter too.[/quote']

Wow your standards are high.

Fleur:

http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/gobletoffire/images/downloads/fleur_1280.jpg

Although she looks SO much better with her hair down.

http://clairelea.canalblog.com/poesy.jpg

Or how about this one?

http://www.harrypotter4.friko.pl/grafika/g_fleur8.jpg

:D