Perceptions of Wrestling by non-fans

wisdom27

I find it quite amazing the negative perception that many non-Wrestling fans have.

Many say "it's all staged!"... but that doesn't stop them watching soap operas , dramas, comedy...

Others suggest there's something homosexual about wanting to watch guys with big muscles grappling each other... yet they don't say the same about rugby, boxing where similar ridiculous arguments could be made.

I've watched many sports live: football, rugby, golf... the list is long but never have I been entertained as much as when I watched the wrestling.

The beauty of wrestling is that the entertainment is guaranteed. Sure, not every show is as good as it gets but compared to sports generally there is a higher probability of being entertained and getting your money's worth in my opinion.

Im sure my brother who just married his fiancee will be glad to know that! Just think, up to now hes been living his life in denial. Poor guy.

Your next pearl of wisdom oh mighty one.

noo there are alot of straight forlks that don't like it too' date=' and I bet there are a number of gay people that enjoy wrestling.[/quote']

Calm it down mateys, I was just saying that they secretly fancy men, what's the problem with that?

ya every time i bring up wrestling in school i pretty much get persecuted for watching it! but no, movies and other t.v. shows like the stupid O.C. are ok to like and watch. it really pisses me off. TWO is really the only place i can talk about wrestling with other people.

Its a perennial argument, in that no matter how sensible an argument you make, there is a stigma attached to wrestling whereby people cannot accept it as a valid form of entertainment, this is the reason WHY Vince tried to focus on the whole "sports-entertainment" brand thing. Ok, he's taken it to far but the trick is, simply dont give critics a second thought, after all, who are they to decide what you can and cant like? Who CARES what "they" think? Fcuk em! Fcuk em all i say. Not literally though. That would chafe!

I made my flatmate (who's pretty much a none wrestling fan) watch Survivor Series the whole way through, and she actually got really into it, really siding with the faces and hating the heels. Got her watching TNA too. I think it depends on the kind of people you're around, some people are just totally narrow minded. Others will just accept it. Ive been a lot more open about liking wrestling this year and have found a fair few other people that like it as well.

Gawd! I hate them people. When I was going to my first Wrestling event I was really excited, as soon as I got back it was "Wrestlings well gay, how can you watch it? I's fake!" I was just go angry that people can't accept that I watch Wrestling. Why do they have to get involved in my life to try and get to me. I just think them people are sad for trying to make me feel like a jackass. I always say well you watch films and they're fake, but then they say well it's better than Wrestling and then it leads into oppinion and then I just give up and don't listen to them because they act like 2 year olds from then.

Wrestling is excellent value for money. Compare it to something like football. You can go to a football match and pay a lot of money to watch a dreadful 0-0 match. With football, rugby or other sports they rarely live up to the hype and more often than not are a bore.

When I moved in with my girlfriend (who is now my wife of 16 years), we got Sky and I insisted on having the sports channels, just for the wrestling. She said to me then, "You know its all fake, don't you?". I went mad with her (coz I was an innocent to the business back then :P ) and told her not to judge it until she's watched it. Now she marks out more than I do and goes mad if I watch Raw without her.

I find it quite amazing the negative perception that many non-Wrestling fans have.

Many say "it's all staged!"... but that doesn't stop them watching soap operas , dramas, comedy...

Others suggest there's something homosexual about wanting to watch guys with big muscles grappling each other... yet they don't say the same about rugby, boxing where similar ridiculous arguments could be made.

I've watched many sports live: football, rugby, golf... the list is long but never have I been entertained as much as when I watched the wrestling.

The beauty of wrestling is that the entertainment is guaranteed. Sure, not every show is as good as it gets but compared to sports generally there is a higher probability of being entertained and getting your money's worth in my opinion.

I prefer wrestling to soaps, dont get me wrong. But you dont see Jim Brennan knocking out Phil Mitchell in Eastenders, however in WWE you will see Hulk Hogan beat Shawn Michaels!

wrestling has lost its cutting edge since the lack of competition and the fact their has been no wrestlers of the calibur of The Rock, Austin or Bret Hart, It's upto Triple H and Angle to carry the shows (don't get me wrong i like Chris Benoit but he does not have the charisma to carry a show).

wrestling has lost its cutting edge since the lack of competition and the fact their has been no wrestlers of the calibur of The Rock' date=' Austin or Bret Hart, It's upto Triple H and Angle to carry the shows (don't get me wrong i like Chris Benoit but he does not have the charisma to carry a show).[/quote']

There are also loads of "fans" who dont let you watch the show in peace. For example I like Chris Masters however I cant settle when watching him because I know loads of geeks sitting at there keyboards are outrage because marks are not booing him enough!

Edited by Hoffmeister

it does not bother me , i like who i want and no one on this forum or anywhere can spout there mouth off about how bad Masters is or how Snitsky looks comical in a suit. The biggest joke in wrestling is the current WWE champion. JBL did not even hold the WWE title for a year but it looks like Cena is going too, but Cena sells so many t-shirts well whoop-de-doo.