ROH

Mr Kennedy

Favourite ROH star.. past or present and why..

Mine atm is Alex Shelly. Just got another ROH video through the post this week, Scramble Cage Melee. Haven't seen it all yet, but the opening match with Shelly and Jay Lethal was awesome, some of Shelly's spots are jaw dropping IMO, his standing figure four , the spot when he comes off the top rope onto Jay Lethals leg makes you cringe. It is an absolute wrestling clinic on Mat Rassling.

He could be a top star in TNA if used right.

** By the way I reccommend getting the video 'Scramble Cage Melee' from ROHwrestling online. I've only seen the first two matchs so far, Shelly versus Jay Lethal and Jimmy Rave versus Angel Dust and those to matches are really impressive ** i'll tell you all about the rest of the video when I get a chance to see the rest of it.

Thoughts.

Edited by Mr Kennedy

Are we including guys who made the odd special apperance like Jushin Liger and Kenta Kobashi?

Well either way im quite fond of two guys.

1)Roderick Strong-Yeah anyone who has just seen him on TNA will think jobber instantly which in my opnion isn't the case as TNA use him all wrong.Anyway in ROH Roderick Strong is part of Generation Next (Austin Aries,Jack Evans,Matt Sydal and himself) and is part of one of ROH's better tag teams with Jack Evans,although they haven't won tag team gold they have had alot of top class tag team matches such as against BJ Whitmer and Jimmy Jacobs at Manhatten Mayhem.What makes them stand out is their tag team finisher where Strong hoists one opponent up whilist Jack jumps of the turnbuckle onto said opponents back and does a flip onto the other opponent on the mat,then Strong does a back breaker on opponent number one.As i mentioned Strong is the messiah of the back breaker,i really enjoy seeing him work hard on an opponents back (see Best of American Juniours vs James Gibson) as to me at least it brings a sense of realism to the match(as long as the opponent can sell good), and really builds up some crowd response in my opinion.

2)Low Ki-Usually i don't like the sort of gangsta gimmick,but this guy has grew on me maybe it's because unlike Cena or New Jack this guy can get it done in the ring with the same sort of gimmick,also i like his kicks.I enjoyed his match with him & American Dragon vs Joe and Liger and i think the guy is awesome on the mic,although i don't think he would be a good face(Except in New York).

I'm not too sure about Strong really. I do like some parts of his work, but there has been little transition between midcard tag-team worker, and next RoH Champion. I don't consider Strong to be in the top 10 RoH wrestlers either, so where this sudden push has come from, I'm not sure. To be fair though, I've not got hold of much RoH recently, btu when I get some more, I hope he impressess me.

As for me, I've got a few. Homicide is just an all-round fantastic talent, and he was the guy who got me into RoH. It was an spotty 4 Way Survival, againgst BJ Whitmer, Colt Cabana and Dan Maff. I eat it up, and got hold of more RoH. Whether it's technical wrestling, brawling, high flying, or any other style you can think of - He can do it. And he does it well.

He's probably my favourite of all time, btu I'm warming to Reyes, Romero, and Danielson. In the past, I was always impressed with low Ki, who is nowhere near as good, as in 2002 I don't think. he still shows a lot of potential, but he could be better.

Whatever happened to The Briscoes while I'm here? they just seemed to disappear from RoH. Hopefully they'll be back one day though.

Whatever happened to The Briscoes while I'm here? they just seemed to disappear from RoH. Hopefully they'll be back one day though.

I'm sure one of them got an injury,and the other sat at home and waited for him to recooperate earlier this year before hitting the road again.

i've always liked homicide because of the way he could do any style, AJ because he's just amazing and daniels because of the reaction he gets from te fans, but the person who stands out the most is...Jack Evans. the moves this guy pulls ars unberlivabe and theres so much potential, watch out for him