What a bargain!

A.C.

I finally ordered a new mobile phone today - a Sony Ericsson W550i - one of the Walkman-branded phones. I've had a Nokia 8210 for YEARS and the thing only works if you twist it while you're speaking which hurts your hand.

I spent about a week researching what and where to buy and I decided upon the W550i from http://www.buymobilephones.net for a number of reasons:

1) The W550i looks groovy.

2) It comes with GAUNTLET and WORMS games already on it! :worship

3) You can get new games for it off the Sony Ericsson website for around £4 a pop.

4) Does the MP3 thing.

5) It's free on an 02 250 x-net minutes/50 text deal. £35/month - not the cheapest but reasonable when you consider that I also get...

6) A Hitachi 5.1 Home Cinema System with built-in Freeview as a FREE GIFT! That'll be my brother's Christmas present.

I couldn't believe the stuff they're giving away. A free PSP in white with your mobile phone? They do that. A free mini-moto? They do that too! It's ridiculous.

I know this sounds like a shill but I'm just chuffed with the deal I got. This thread, then is so that you can:

a) Discuss other bargains you've seen on the net and let us know about them.

b) Say "Well done A.C., that is a bargain!"

or

c) Say "You fool! Phones4Gin.com has free gin for a year with every order etc.!"

*Sits quietly and waits for techno-goodies to arrive*

My phone has a green screen and snake.................:(

Mine does too. And I wouldn't've bothered with a new one had it not deteriorated to the point where it cramps my hand twisting the phone in order to be heard!

Oh, and go to http://www.buymobilephones.net. They seem to have the same tariffs and free phones as everybody else but they give you free stuff too. :)

Well I have the w800i MP3 phone AC and I have to say its the best I've ever owned' date=' superb piece of kit thats for sure. I'm sur ethe clamshell version will be just as good.[/quote']

I dug that phone too (it's got a higher specification) but the offers weren't as good! ;) Plus, I already have an MP3 doo-dad so I wasn't too worried about the capacity - there's plenty of rooms for games on it. And I thought it was a clamshell but it's a swivel-type-action. SEXY!

Mine does too. And I wouldn't've bothered with a new one had it not deteriorated to the point where it cramps my hand twisting the phone in order to be heard!

Do you have use all your strengh when pushing the buttons, so the phone can actually register.......you're pushing the buttons? With my oaf like fingers, it's pretty damn fiddly.

I actually managed to have a two minute conversation today! Needs charging now, mind.

OOOOOOhhhhhhh, there was a thing in zoo the other day Wyndy. It said to get maximum power from your nokia phone battery do this:

press 4720#, then turn it off and on. This enables a half-rate codec, lowering volume but prolonging charge. To cancel it type #4720#. It supposedly increases your battery life by 30%.

Anyway........Well done AC! good buy was that. I commend your excellance!

! I was told in the shop that it was an upgrade to the E700, but now I'm thinking they lied.

I always get my phones from T-Mobile, since the incident with carphone warehouse lieing to me.

Hope you have fun with your phone.

Ive got a funky Sony Ericcson K750i. It does everything I could ask of it :)

I thought that was a fine looking phone but the special offers weren't so great. I wanted something fairly up-to-date but I'm no conosor... connysouir... I'm no expert.

I just bought the samsung d600 its great, sexy stylish and fits in my pocket without bulging. I'd been dying for a new phone since my damn dog chewed the hell out of my old one. Didnt get any special deals but I've wanted this phone since they came out.

A free mini-motor AC I'd have gone for that, more fun than T.V. I'll just have to borrow my kids one they're getting for xmas.

xXx