For thos who cant they type (shoot on Smarks and TWO smarks)

Al Stevens

Right i think it's time i said something regarding some of the posts i have seen on here. Yes this is all from my heart, a heart of a training Wrestler, a Mark and part time smark.

For . sake what is the matter with smarks on the net at the moment. (or should i say mostly on here) I mean for years people have begged for another company since the invasion angle and now you have it what you ungratful people do is go "Blah Blah Blah doesnt match up to WWE".

So what if the storylines are better. If you want storylines go and watch a soap oprea. Same actually if you want better characters. Supprising enough some people actually watch wrestling for Action not because Some diva has had a boob job and they look like there gonna fall out of her top.

Listen Since TNA, ROH and other companies have been give the press which they needed i think its good for the industry. Not because of a possibal "mondy night wars 2" because it gives the actual Wrestling fans and students of the world a chance to view and watch other peoples styles.

Once again here's a good example look at people like John Cena and Randy Orton. Last year IWC's was hailing there pushes as a breath of fresh air.Lets face it as a..... . it Mark myself i enjoy seeing new people and new people getting there chance to shine in the spot light. Lets face it if Hogan was always wrestling like in the 1980's it gets boring. Same today with people like Triple H and Kurt Angle. Dont get me wrong there great talent but FFS seeing them ever week doing the same old . is boring to death. So when people like a Cena, a Orton a Batista comes along it brings a whole new element to the company.

So why the . do people come on here and have a go at Cena. Lets face yes i know he isnt a good wrestler compaired to a Kurt Angle however lets look at it. He, the Rock Triple H, Stone Cold all been mega over with the crowds at one point they all do one thing the same. They keep there in ring stuff simple. Personally i think the most of the Smarks on this very forum are the sort of people who sit in a pub and watch the football and go "Well if i was the >place club name in here< manager i wouldnt play him, him and him" and you know something you guys are the worse type because unless your lucky enought to know someone in the industry (like Belt Mark) then the others will never know what it's like to try and do what they do.

So For once why dont you all stop bitching about a company which lets face it may have a chance of doing something great stop bitching about new talent because they dont seem to be a good wrestler and also try for once to take into consideration that Wrestling shouldnt be about the best Storyline or characters. It shouldnt be about the what company uses a normal shaped ring or six sided ones. It should be about what it does to you in the heart and if you ( the Smarks) are too bitter that something which you once loved has become somethin which you love to rip apart because your socal studies grew has changed ya then maybe you shouldnt be watching it in the first place.

That My friends was a shoot

Edited by Chris2K
  • Like 1

Don't swear please.

You're generalising smarks. A smark is a wrestling fan that knows the results are pre-determined. I'm a smark, but as my column on W101 shows, I look for positives AND negatives.

I do agree though, there are people, even at TWO, who bash things for the sake of bashing things.

Dude that was decorum that was passion.... Sorry i am very passionate about Wrestling always have and always will be.

But the fact that the hated smarks are passionate too is hard to accept?

We can't criticise because we're not insiders? That's an old and somewhat worn-out argument. How many movie critics direct films? How many restaurant critics are chefs?

I as thinking about this sorta thing a few days ago - not with the same extent as which BMS was but along the same lines.

Batista.

When I first joined TWO, Evolution were just, just starting out and people were calling Batista a waste of time, a generalised meat-head, "Vince loves big guys", "push Cena instead" they were saying. They hated Batista. Don't believe me? Check out the ridiculous "What would you ask Batista if you had his email address" thread (or something along those lines). Some of the stuff there was pretty harsh.

Now he's World Champion, and a pretty damned credible one (albeit wrestling purists would prefer a true mat wrestler, even they can admit he has the look). The one thing that I find frustrating about smarks is that they rarely admit that they were wrong about someone.

Seriously, read the threads about Batista from May/June 2004, and see what was written.

When I try to link threads it always turns out rubbish but when I have more time I'll give it a go.

Cheers!

I've seen plenty of people admit they were wrong about Batista. I won't because I still don't think I am... I found him bearable back then in his role, but not as a main eventer - plus for all those who moan about the FU, at least he doesn't look like he's botching it all the time.

I may be a smark, and it's nothing to be ashamed of, but I hate most smark opinions to be honest. Benoit can f**k right off, ROH can go to hell, Paul London should not be pushed, I never ever liked Hulk Hogan as a child, Snitsky is a God, and Meltzer is great at facts as long as you don't confuse it with opinion. And marks who moan about smarks can f*** right off too.

Rant over.

Oh, and shooting on a net forum is stupid as hell.

• Like 1

I have to admit that when people make remarks like "TNA is better than WWE because they have a 6 sided ring" or "WWE is way better than TNA because they have a square ring" it does tend to make by blood boil.

But on the same note, the internet is the wrestling fans medium, I'm not sure if there is a sport or form of entertainment about where the internet has had such an impact on, more or less changing the industry in some way or another. Wrestling fans will always have opinions, and most will think they are always right, be it a smark or a mark. Some see it as thier God given right to be a critic, maybe it is? Maybe its these smarks who buy the PPV's, but the Video Games, buy the books and buy the DVD's which give compainies like the WWE a profit, so why cannot they express what they like and dislike.

But on the same note, I think alot of people like to jump on bandwagons, whether its the "I hate John Cena" bandwagon, or the " Hulk Hogan sucks" bandwagon, without actually thinking about what they are actually saying.

I think its a big generalisationg just saying "smarks". If you read dirtsheets, and know its all pre-determined, and want to see good matches, wouldn't that make practically everyone on this site a smark?

I don't personally care for Cena or Batista.

But your original post, is totally contradictory.

"So For once why dont you all stop bitching about a company which lets face it may have a chance of doing something great stop bitching about new talent because they dont seem to be a good wrestler and also try for once to take into consideration that Wrestling shouldnt be about the best Storyline or characters. It shouldnt be about the what company uses a normal shaped ring or six sided ones. It should be about what it does to you in the heart and if you ( the Smarks) are too bitter that something which you once loved has become somethin which you love to rip apart because your socal studies grew has changed ya then maybe you shouldnt be watching it in the first place."

If its about what it does to your heart and such, then why can't you say if you don't like it?

Maybe people rip it apart, cause they've seen better, and know it can be better, because of their love.

If you wanna have a go at people, at least think about what your gonna write first, instead of just ranting with no theme. Cause essentially you just answered your own questions in your post.

When I was 8 or 9, I still thought Big Bully Busick was crap, same with Papa Shango, I just didn't have the knowledge to explain why. Yet now I do, thus does that mean its any different? No.

Thus, I haven't actually got a clue what your complaining about, unless you just want to be noticed more, as you've lost me completely.

Junta this is what i was trying to get over in my post before i was lost in all my emotions.

I have no problems with smarks who either have someone on the inside of the industry (weather they are people who have wrestled in there Career ect) because they will respect what the wrestlers have to do for the match (for example they have to juice to add impact to a cage match or whatever).

However what i dont like are the Hater Smarks who slag what ever is over at the moment (ie hogan, Cena ect) and then slag off companies because they "heaven forbid" they changed the ring :O. Those are the smarks which i hate because if you put those smarks into the ring and tell them to do the dream match they want to see. It would suck bottom line.

Is it wrong to slag off what's over or indeed like what smarks hate?

I think Cena is an inept wrestler but a very good character.

Also

Batista is a great champ

HBK is boring & predictable

Benoit was a poor champion

& WWE will always be the best company in America despite being half crap right now.

These are my opinions & If need be I can back all them up with facts, saying so & so is crap or so & so is great is dumb. However saying I like Cena & then posting why (Which I did in a thread several months ago I started) is right.

Junta this is what i was trying to get over in my post before i was lost in all my emotions.

I have no problems with smarks who either have someone on the inside of the industry (weather they are people who have wrestled in there Career ect) because they will respect what the wrestlers have to do for the match (for example they have to juice to add impact to a cage match or whatever).

However what i dont like are the Hater Smarks who slag what ever is over at the moment (ie hogan, Cena ect) and then slag off companies because they "heaven forbid" they changed the ring :O. Those are the smarks which i hate because if you put those smarks into the ring and tell them to do the dream match they want to see. It would suck bottom line.

I have no respect for wrestlers because I have never wrestled? Riiiiiight. So therefore I must have no respect for the servicemen who come out on Remeberance Day with poppies in their lapels and medals on their chests because I've never fought in a war?

The party line seems to be "Sit down. Cheer when we tell you. Boo likewise." I like to assume that not all wrestlers believe this. I mean, otherwise I'd lose all respect for them...

No i have spoke to loads of Wrestlers who love the feedback from fans regardless for example Jay Icon of Future Championship Wrestling has had loads good feedback saying he's a good Wrestler (which he is) but then there are the hater smarks who slate him off for silly reasons (i think Brett Banner will remeber that chat in training a couple of weeks ago).

Also i think you read between the lines as long as the Smarks have the respect for the Wrestlers regardless if they have been in the industry or not. It's just the ones who watched a handfull of wrestling and gone "Well he dont do that. Lets go on line and say they suck"

Kurt mark is right. I dont mind people having an view on something (Regardless if it's good or not good) as long as you can say well i think it's because of >place reason here<. however if someone just goes "well so and so sucks" and then leaves it like that then it's just seems disrespectful (and also not a good arguement starter).

No Slim that means that you have met (imo) a good wrestler and someone who also had a passion like myself

To clarify: I'm not often a big critic of wrestling myself. It's rare indeed that I post moaning about the quality of what I see. In fact, when watched Raw for the first time in aaaaages a few weeks ago I loved it and mentioned the fact either on the forums or in the chat. I'm a great proponent of "try to see the good!" but the fact that Steveo is so vehement in his proclamations means I feel duty-bound to argue the case for being allowed to have negative opinions.

I dont mind people having an view on something (Regardless if it's good or not good) as long as you can say well i think it's because of >place reason here<. however if someone just goes "well so and so sucks" and then leaves it like that then it's just seems disrespectful (and also not a good arguement starter).

Oddly enough, that point of view seems not to have made it into your original "shoot".

*Please don't take anything that I'm typing personally. A lot of people here know me and know I'm a placid sort of guy. But if I see a perceived injustice I'll jump on it. Sort of like a cut-rate Superman. :P

Incidently every person on this site is a mark' date=' if there is a wrestler(s) you like more than any other you are by the very defination a mark.[/quote']

I'm definately a mark. Anyone who's watched wrestling with me can vouchsafe for my hootin' and a-hollerin' when the wrasslin' is on. :D

I would say a mark is a fan of wrestling. If you a mark for someone, then when you see them you go - yay it's whoever. A smark is someone who likes to know more about the behind the scenes of it and enjoys discussing the product (not just someone who knows that it's "fake", as I don't think there can be many people who actually think it's not fixed).

Incidently every person on this site is a mark' date=' if there is a wrestler(s) you like more than any other you are by the very defination a mark.[/quote']

Not really, a mark is regarded as someone who believes what happens, and accepts what happens as being great, no matter how god awful it is, i.e a mark would have thought the Trish kidnapping thing was real.