University Course...

Dickie Hyde

Well, to be honest with you, i'm a bit stuck here. I want to be a cameraman. The ones that broadcast to TV... like on the WWE. Now I have seen a photography course at University but i'm sure it only includes still pictures. If you wanted to be a tv sports camerman what course is going ot be the best to take? I'm currently studying media for AS...

Any help is great,

Cheers,

Dickie

There are cinematography courses out there that deal in film photography which is pretty similiar. You should probably look fot techincal courses really, ones that have a large practical element, as the media industry places a lot more emphasis on what you can do, than what you know.

There are cinematography courses out there that deal in film photography which is pretty similiar. You should probably look fot techincal courses really' date=' ones that have a large practical element, as the media industry places a lot more emphasis on what you can do, than what you know.[/quote']

Popsi is right. With the media industry they will (espically if trying to make a small film) what experieance have you got (or in my case last year a show reel). However it's also good to have many aspects under your bow as well.

Yeah I will reiterate what Popsi said. If you're not enjoying something, give up and start again. I should have never picked my degree, it was an easy choice to do it. By the time I relised I hated it I was already 2 years and 8 grand in debt to the SLC so I carried on for the remaining two. I picked up a 2:2 only by realising that I could do the stuff even though I didn't like it, I could have done better on something I enjoyed I have no doubt.

That said I had the best time of my life at uni. I got involved in the union and had a great placement year that has lead to a great job at the end of it, so there are always silver linings.

Go for a media production course at Salford or UCE. They deal with most aspects of physical media including camera work.

Yeh i think a media course is probably your best bet, although im doing a predominantly photographic course that gives me a chance to do the media video modules (im at sunderland) so ive used the cameras and done all the editing stuff, but like popsi said try and find a course that is practical.