*** Official Smackdown Discussion Thread - 2nd December 2005 ***

Kam

Preview:

Who Survived?

December 2, 2005

Don’t miss Friday Night SmackDown emanating from Cincinnati in the aftermath of the huge, interbrand Survivor Series pay-per-view.

At Taboo Tuesday, SmackDown went 2-0 against its RAW counterparts. Will SmackDown’s Superstars be boasting an equally impressive feat come Friday?

World Heavyweight Champion Batista led the SmackDown team consisting of JBL, Randy Orton, Lashley and Rey Mysterio against RAW’s fierce fivesome of HBK, Big Show, Kane, Chris Masters and Carlito. Which team will emerge victorious from this Survivor Series Elimination Match — and what will be the condition of the World Heavyweight Champion after the damage suffered at the hands of Big Show & Kane in recent weeks?

SmackDown Diva Melina wasn’t going to let this interbrand opportunity go by, so she kidnapped Trish and demanded a Women’s Championship Match at Survivor Series. Will the Women’s Championship be native to SmackDown come Friday, or will Trish Stratus turn back her formidable challenger?

While Team RAW battles Team SmackDown in one huge match, the General Managers will square off in another. After months of talk about which is WWE’s flagship show, Eric Bischoff and Theodore Long will get the chance to prove their point in one-on-one competition. Will Mr. Long have the answer to Bischoff’s martial arts background, and what will Long have to say following his foray in the ring on Sunday? Tune in to SmackDown to find out.

Plus, the Deadman returns at Survivor Series. What will happen in the wake of the Phenom’s revival?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Smackdown is Live in the States for an hour tomorrow-cool. Hopefully this is the start of things to come. Its high time the blue team of the WWE had a Live show to compliment Raw. Out with Friday Night Smackdown and in with Tuesday Night Smackdown.

Rey Vs Show should be a good match-the ultimate David Vs Goliath clash in WWE, while match 2 of the best of seven series between Benoit and Booker should be somewhat entertaining also.

I'm starting to get the impression they like to have the 'bad boy' image :?

I thinks it more the fact that Vince McMahon doesn't know good taste from bad taste, as evident from some of the most distatseful things he has pulled out from his bag of tricks over the last few years.

I watched the show live, and couldn't believe what was going on. But that was later.

The Benoit Vs Booker match was, in my opinion, a much better bout than the one on Sunday night. Benoit took some utterly crazy bumps including the missed Suicide Dive and the So Horny Apron German Suplex bump, which from the live camera angle looked like he landed right on his head. The finish was a bit botched from what I hear, but it was during the 30 second period from Benoit being pushed into the ring and the match ending that my connection cut out and I didn't see the ending, so I have no idea how the supposed "botched kickout" looked. Still the best match that these two have put on in their feud so far.

I enjoyed the backstory given to Rey Vs Big Show, including the use of video packages that went all the way back to the 90's and not only showed WCW footage, but also stuff including Brock Lesnar and The Dudleyz which WWE usually tend to gloss over. I know TNA did this kind of thing a lot at the beginning of their time with Spike TV, and I think it has a big place in wrestling. If a company is prepared to show footage of wrestlers at their peak over the years, it introduces new fans to what these guys have done in the past as well as gives a litte nostalgia trip for older fans.

The segment with Rey praying that Eddie will be his guardian angel, I had no problem with. This isn't someone who barely knew the guy, everyone knows that Eddie and Rey were very close. If you saw this as playing on Eddie's death for ratings, I'd disagree with you here, I think it was tastefully done and showed that Eddie's death was still on the mind of those he touched.

As for the main event though...What in THE HELL? I'd hate to describe that whole half hour to a WWE newcomer or a non-wrestling fan.

"Why is a Raw guy on Smackdown! when the feud between the two rosters seemed to end on Sunday?"

"I don't know"

"Why is the music of a dead wrestler playing?"

"I don't know"

"Why was Big Show a face 24 hours earlier and is playing the heel here? Why was Big Show disgusted with how HHH treated Flair when he's doing the same to Mysterio?"

"I don't know"

"Why is Big Show spitting on Eddie's Lowrider when he was visably upset by his death just a couple of weeks earlier?"

"I don't know"

"Why is a tribute to Eddie being used as a spot in a match?"

"I don't know"

"Oh look, interference, why hasn't the referee called for the bell?"

"I don't know"

"Why is Kane, a Raw guy, appearing on Smackdown! and no one seems to care when last week anyone who showed up on a different show was attacked by half of the other show's roster?"

"I don't know"

"Undertaker isn't saving Rey because he's loyal to Smackdown!, because on Sunday he attacked half the SD! roster. So why is he here?"

"I don't know"

"Why did Kane walk away then come right back? Did he suddenly realise his hatred for his brother half way up the ramp?"

"I don't know"

"Oh, Orton's here, where did Kane/Show/Rey go?"

"I don't know"

"Why did Undertaker sell the RKO like a spinning neckbreaker when he's taken about 50 of them since March?"

"I don't know"

"Why is a tribute to Eddie being used as a plot device to "kill" another wrestler? Why was it set on fire? Wasn't it insulting enough that Taker came out of a flaming coffin on Sunday night as Michael Cole shouted "THE DEAD HAS RISEN"?"

"Oh, I know this one. Vince has no moral sense of right and wrong, he only cares about shocking people into watching, and thinks that people will buy into the fact that NO SERIOUSLY UNDERTAKER IS REALLY DEAD THIS TIME, WE REALLY MEAN IT TONIGHT, 'KAY?"

None of that last half hour made sense. Not one part.

• Like 1

Credit:pwinsider

11/29 Smackdown Taping Cincinnati, OH

The Smackdown Special was "sort of" live in that it was actually pre-recorded. They began that show at about 7:50 (70 minutes before TV) most likely due to the fact that they had the car explosion seen that they likely wanted time to edit. Speaking of which, it was extremely loud in the arena, but it was clear that explosions were being set off in various locations in that area behind the screen. The cheezy part was when we finally saw just the fire after the big explosions and they played a fire-crackling sound affect really loud over the speakers until it was clear that they were done filming, then the fire sound slowly died down....

THIS WEEK'S SMACKDOWN SHOULD MAKE HISTORY!!!

Why? Because they didn't repair the damaged entrance screen that they hit with the car. During the one Velocity match taped, they tried to repair the screen but it must have truly broke in some way because they had to take that panel down again. All throughout the rest of the show, that section was gone and instead covered with caution tape. Why historical, though? Because this will be the first time that WWE has blatantly recognized on TV that Smackdown is taped!

MATCHES

There was one dark match although I entered the arena as it ended so I missed the local guys.

Of course, the Smackdown Special pre-recording was next. Then they taped one match for Velocity. It featured Ken Kennedy defeating Kid Kash.

SMACKDOWN TAPING

Tag Team Battle Royal - Winner gets a title shot against MNM For the match, MNM watched from the announcers table, although they didn't talk. Melina did her infamous entrance on top of the announcers table. Mexicools won. In no particular order, Nunzio & Vito, "Road Warriors", Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki, and The Dicks were all elimintaed. (There was one other team involved although I cannot recall which).

Chris Benoit over William Regal.

Randy Orton over Matt Hardy.

After the match, Undertaker's music hit and Randy acted scared while Undertaker was talking over the PA psyching him out. Randy tried to escape the arena by going through regular entrance but there was explosion there. He eventually went through the crowd to a small exit mostly used just for hockey that is in the middle of the stands. He pulled down the curtain there and there was a casket standing up. He ran away to the end of the arena bowl opposite the Titan Tron entrance where there is another large opening but an explosion occurred there as well (in the middle of the audience!). He made his way back to the ring and Undertaker announced over the PA that they would have Hell In A Cell at Armageddon!

Next was Boogeyman over Simon Dean.

This was really funny to start with. Simon didn't want to come out for the match so there were like six security guys that dragged him to the ring. Then out came Boogeyman. His entrance had so much fog in addition to smoke from some pyro that the ring was completely in a white cloud for a couple minutes. There was a funny spot here. I think it was before the break before this match that they showed a promo of Boogeyman in the back where Simon Dean opened the lid on a dinner plate and inside was Boogeyman with a mouth full or worms. Anyway, during the match, he had a container of worms in his pocket like you buy at a fishing shop and he threw them on Simon and then he ate some... After that match, the break was a little longer because a guy had to wipe that section of the ring with a towel to clean up worms and worm guts. One of the production guys put a worm on Chimmel's shoulder and he kind of freaked out. funny...

Bobby Lashley over Sylvan.

A nice display of strength and stamina by Bobby. Sylvan didn't do much at all in this one.

Big Show & Kane over JBL & Rey Mysterio.

JBL ended up abandoning Rey part way through the match. Show & Kane won of course but they chokeslammed Rey on a chair after the match. Batista came out to make the save. A little bit of posing on the ropes by Rey and Batista and that was it.

Note to Tony Chimmel: You have gotten our UPN station wrong twice in a row now! Last time at Smackdown he said watch it on 23 and it was on 25 then (there is no 23 here). This time he said watch it on 25 but now it is on 38! You would think that they would know the right name of the channel that they gave a ton of giveaway tickets too...

So are the Mexicools going to have a title shot at Armageddon or are the WWE going to go with the quick fix and have it next week on Velocity?I hope the former.

Chris Benoit over William Regal.

What happened to Booker?

Edited by GENE

.. Benoit vs Booker.. i still think the only reason there is a 7 match series is too keep benoit tied up in a storyline so he can't really leave when his contract is up..because he will be in a stroyline and probably will win the belt at the end to try and keep Benoit happy.. shame WWE doesn't know what to do with REAL TALENT

ok... have just finished watching the whole 1 hour show...

the Benoit booker match was average.... pretty match what was expected..

the Big Show v Rey match IMO was some of the owrst booking EVER!.. the match was good but:

1. do the writers realise that if Big show and Kane turn heel on Smackdown it WILL affect them on Raw...

2.using Eddie's lowrider like that was sick.. yuhi get the need to move on the Randy Taker story but that was just tasteless and sick and very disrespectful.. for ****s sake the match was dedicated to Eddie Gurerro.. have a normal match and leave it at that.. don't use a low rider in his ****in memory to drive a guy throguh the stage... should have known it was coming though.. WWE does two GREAT tribute shows... which pay great tribute to Eddie.. you knew those ****wits would **** it up somehwere allong the line.. excuse the language.. but that's really pissed me of

Confused me a little bit. I thought of the Raw before Taboo Tuesday (you know, the one with Goldust and Vader?!?).

I knew Kane was going to show up as soon as I saw the bog rolls attached to the ring posts (Kane didn't notice they weren't there on Raw). I notice the little things like that.