X-box 360 UK Style

wyndorf

So GAME have just phoned me and I have a 360 (expensive version), Perfect Dark, Project Gotham and Condemmed waiting for me at Midnight on the 2nd of December. I also have another wireless joypad reserved too :jump

Has anyone else given in to temptation for the 'Next' Generation?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So GAME have just phoned me and I have a 360 (expensive version)' date=' Perfect Dark, Project Gotham and Condemmed waiting for me at Midnight on the 2nd of December. I also have another wireless joypad reserved too :jump [/quote']

That should give you 2 wireless controllers.

I'm jealous for 2 reasons:

1) I don't have the time at the moment to play too many games.

2) I don't have the spare cash to get one. :P

Game.net sent me a confirmation email this past friday telling me my XBOX360 has been picked and packed and is ready for dispatch for delivery by December 2nd, I can't wait.

I got the Premium one along with Perfect Dark Zero, King Kong, Condemed, Project Gotham Racing & Kameo. Also ordered 2 Extra Wireless controllers with plug and play kits for both of them for when they need charging. Going to cost a small fortune, but it should be worth it!

I ain't gettin' the 36 'till I got my Revo which I have 130 quid saved towards..but will be bout 280 soon 'cause I'm not going on holiday this year stayin' home with my dad which gets me 100 then gonna sell some games to get the rest...

When I do get the 360 I might actually get the core version even though it seems fairly poor I don't need the fancy stuff I just wanna play games on it...

i reall want to buy one of the new gen consoles but is the 360 the best? I mean of the others that are coming out do they compare well to all of the stuff of the 360 (which i have to say looks amazing)' date=' or is the 360 the best of them?[/quote']

The thing isn't which is the best at this point, because they're all of a fairly equal power.

The 360 is out NOW, the PS3 probably won't be out for at least another year, and the Revolution for about 6 months.

So, if you get a 360 now, you can save up for the Revolution and then the PS3 as there's a 6 month gap between each. :D

Anyone know where you can get one, before Christmas? All the shops round here stopped letting you pre-order months ago.

Can you get one, if you get the dearer package? (I heard that somewhere, but don't know if it's true or not).

Ta for any help :)

what sort of games are out for the 360? as in ones that have been around for previous consoles that i may have heard of?
One game I played that looks incredible, is Call Of Duty 2. I don't know how other people rate it, but I thought it was fantastic. Brilliant graphics, and great gameplay. Need For Speed (Not sure which), looks good as well.

It's going to be hard to find one now Jack, the console pretty much seems sold out already.

If you seriously want one though I'd suggest going to your local Woolworths and WHSmiths as these two seem to only have started to take pre-orders.

Other than that I'd say it's going to be really hard to get hold of one before 2006.

You can indeed advance order it from amazon, 279.99 for the one with all the fancy stuff. But you wont get it this year, see below:

Platform: Xbox 360

This item will be released on December 2, 2005. You may order it now and we will dispatch it to you when we receive it from our supplier. Please note that release dates are subject to change.

Due to limited supply from Microsoft, we are unable to guarantee delivery of some Xbox 360 pre-orders for Christmas. Please also note that all pre-orders made on or after November 2nd, 2005 will have expected delivery dates in 2006. We are working with Microsoft to ensure the consoles are delivered as soon as they become available.

See I respect people liking Halo, but I really dislike it. I really don't know why all the people are so high on Halo, I played it and it wasn't anything that made my jaw dropped. People were like,''OMG This is the best game ever'' well it isn't to me.

I consider any GTA series far better than Halo IMO.

Halo really shines when you take it on XBOX Live, it really improves the game when you're killing people from around the world. So much more fun. XBOX Live is for me the major selling point of the console and it will be for the 360 as well.

Christof mentioned trying to use Game.net for XBOX 360 pre-orders, bad idea at the moment, at the moment they've only got enough stock to clear orders placed up to midday August 18th....they put it on sale August 17th. Madness but that's the way it is at the moment. If people seriously want one before Christmas you're going to have to go hunting for them, Tesco, Asda, Whsmiths are places where you won't expect to find them but some stores are getting them. Just a heads up.

Halo really shines when you take it on XBOX Live' date=' it really improves the game when you're killing people from around the world. So much more fun. XBOX Live is for me the major selling point of the console and it will be for the 360 as well.[/quote']

Well I can't speak on that aspect, cause I've never played Halo online so It would be unfair for me to judge that aspect of the game without playing it. But I've played many PC games online and even singleplayer and playing them on both I've enjoyed them. Like I said before I still don't get all the fuzz about Halo being a great game but I guess we all have different tastes.:thumbsup