How did you get into wrestling ?

JobberJoe

My grandmother was into British wrestling when I was younger, watching Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks (amongst others).

Then I went to a friend's house and they had "American Wrestling" on cable, the guys bled, they were much more physical and fitter than the British guys, so I was a little more intruiged.

Fast forward a few years of not seeing any and the house I moved into we got Cable - while home ill I watched some WWE and got hooked.

After that I watched WCW as well when I could, and then when Bravo in the UK showed ECW, I watched that.

I cant remember originally how I started watching wrestling as a kid, it was just one of those things everybody watched, then I "grew out of it". Channel surfing 8 years later caught a glimpse of Goldberg squashing Perry Saturn, and it looked so damn evolved and cool that I made a note to watch out for more programming. Watched the entire Nitro from the next week, and was literally addicted since.

I was probably about 9 or 10 as it was about 1998 or 1999 the first things i can really remember were the ministry/kidnapping of steph angles, i watched it for about 3 years and then lost interest in 2001, i then started watching again in late 2003 / early 2004 which is when i became an 'internet fan' and got into it more deeply.

I wasn't really a fan but I knew a few characters names as my cousin liked it. So when I started my high school, there was this so called friend that really liked it and me and a few others with him, were all playing Wrestling on the grass. He invited me to his party and we all sat and watched Rock vs Hogan at Wrestlemania X-8, I was amazed! I couldn't believe that it was so good, so I started taping the RAW shows and I got to enjoy it more and more. Then I got into Smackdown and it all just grew from there, it was a truly awesome experience. I will never forget my first few Wrestling shows. So I got fully into it by April 2002.

I was 17. I watched the episode when HHH 'married' Steph in the car and was chuckling to my self at how silly I was watching it. I then watched it a couple more times when nothing else was on finding myself more intigued every time I watched it.

My cuz was seriously into wrestling as a kid - he watched from around the mid 80's until '92ish. He was happy to get back into it when I invited him round mine to watch.

Then came Royal Rumble 2000 - my first PPV HHH v Cactus Jack, and from that moment onwards I was hooked until just after the Invasion PPV when we got rid of Sky.

Reconnected to Sky back in 2003 and gradually started watching again. I missed the whole Brock Lesnar period and the first episode I watched properly Bradshaw was JBL - just to give an idea of when I watched again.

I am now awaiting another Boom period..... .... ..... ........ .... ... .

I remember my first taste of wrestling was watching Tojo Yamamoto in Memphis with my grandad in the late 70's. However, I really started watching NWA, AWA and WWF (as it was then) in the early 80's when it first started on Sky. When I first started watching, Iron Shiek was WWF champ, Nick Bockwinkle was AWA champ and Ric Flair was NWA champ. (My god, do I feel old now :help )

I could never remember which show I first watched, but now I'm certain it was WWF This Tuesday In Texas.

It was a (Great) card that happened right after Survivor Series, which I must of missed, and I remember Jake wrestled Macho Man (The feud where Savage got bit by the snake), and British Bulldog was on the card, which really got my attention. One of the most memorable matches ever to me, for some reason, Skinner vs Bret Hart. Man, I loved Hart back then. And it of course had Hulk Hogan (Who I loved) againgst The Undertaker (Who scared me sh*tless).

You can't beat good vs bad.

I remember my first taste of wrestling was watching Tojo Yamamoto in Memphis with my grandad in the late 70's. However' date=' I really started watching NWA, AWA and WWF (as it was then) in the early 80's when it first started on Sky. When I first started watching, Iron Shiek was WWF champ, Nick Bockwinkle was AWA champ and Ric Flair was NWA champ. (My god, do I feel old now :help )[/quote']

We got the NWA and AWA on British television in the 1980's?

Yup, it was in the early days of Sky TV when Sky wasn't broadcast through a satellite dish but through the old Rediffusion Box on the wall. We had WWF on Monday, NWA on Tuesday and AWA on Wednesday. 11pm til midnight IIRC. And my mum always went mental when she caught me watching coz I should have been in bed sleeping because of school next day. But I always watched and NWA was my favourite because of Naitch. Flair was so cool and all my mates at school would look at me kinda funny when I'd do the WHOOOOOO. But I loved it and I didn't care who knew. Everyone told me "It's fake" and I'd say "No, it ain't". And I was right.

Yup' date=' it was in the early days of Sky TV when Sky wasn't broadcast through a satellite dish but through the old Rediffusion Box on the wall. We had WWF on Monday, NWA on Tuesday and AWA on Wednesday. 11pm til midnight IIRC. And my mum always went mental when she caught me watching coz I should have been in bed sleeping because of school next day. But I always watched and NWA was my favourite because of Naitch. Flair was so cool and all my mates at school would look at me kinda funny when I'd do the WHOOOOOO. But I loved it and I didn't care who knew. [b']Everyone told me "It's fake" and I'd say "No, it ain't". And I was right.[/b]

Who am I to break a heart?? :lol