Favourite/Most remembered Survivor Series moments?

Proudy

Just been watching Byte This! and this weeks is all about SS. So I was just thinking with all the history surrounding SS, whats your favourite or most remembered moments?

For me the one that stands out the most is HBK v Bret Hart, I wont go into it in detail because we all know what happened.

Others for me include Undertaker's and Kurt Angle's debuts and Austin being ran over (only for that lump of lard Big Show to go and win the title)

Well, as an older member, my favourite SS moment was, and always will be, was the brief exchange between Bret Hart and Ted DiBiase that lasted approximatly 6 minutes in 1990. It was just so exciting, they actually wrestled purely for the few measly minutes they were given, and we never saw another match by them since, such a shame , it would have been incredible. There is a match on the Bret DVD between them that has no commentary, I havent seen it yet but im sure its unbelievable...

Well' date=' as an older member, my favourite SS moment was, and always will be, was the brief exchange between Bret Hart and Ted DiBiase that lasted approximatly 6 minutes in 1990. It was just so exciting, they actually wrestled purely for the few measly minutes they were given, and we never saw another match by them since, such a shame , it would have been incredible. There is a match on the Bret DVD between them that has no commentary, I havent seen it yet but im sure its unbelievable...[/quote']

Agreed, pure magic in the ring. I also seem to remember The Perfect Team (Mr. Perfect & Demolition Ax, Smash & Crush) vs The Warriors (Ultimate Warrior, Texas Tornado & L.O.D.) Ax got eliminated early, and L.O.D., Smash & Crush got DQ'ed which left Perfect against Warrior & Von Erich. Perfect went to the corner where Heenan was standing and asked Bobby in the most high pitched voice "How am I supposed to beat 2 guys?". I have it on tape and was the funniest thing I heard for ages. Laughed my ass off.

The EGG! the EGG! the EGG!

Ah, the Gobbledgooker. Bless them for trying that one.

Actually those first few Series' that actually had every match in the elimination tag format. Those were the days.

Yep, and its a move they should return to IMO. Allows the individual fueds to fuel a bit more by having the heel cheat to eliminate their foe or to have the faces beat up on the lead heel. Was a great format.

Edited by Gooneronastick

Perfect went to the corner where Heenan was standing and asked Bobby in the most high pitched voice "How am I supposed to beat 2 guys?". I have it on tape and was the funniest thing I heard for ages. Laughed my ass off.

im with you on that one, made me laugh for ages, thats why i loved his gimmick, Perfect in interviews, on the way to the ring and his wrestling but when he got punched or something like that he'll act clumsy and stumble around on the outside and stuff like that, he actually did the Flair thing when Flair falls over.

right its not my favorite moment by any stretch of the imagination but the most memorable moment of Survivor Series like it or not its the Montreal "Incident"

Edited by Ryan

One of my favourite matches ever, The Undertaker vs Hulk Hogan. At that time, the good vs evil aspect, made the match fantastic to me. Hulk hogan my favourite, againgst one wrestler who I was legit scared of.

I'm also with Wyndorf. The proper Survivor Series matches were brilliant. I'd love to see them brought back now, along with a proper King Of The Ring, where you had all matches on one show.

i like the old format of the elimination survivor series,there used to be 10 tag teams present in the first two,also yes i remember the six minutes of Bret v Dibiase from 1990 im sure that helped put him in many peoples minds as a future star also from the same match was the debut of `the Undertaker` who looked scary then,mind you watch it again he looks well camp:lol

The very first Survivor Series in 1987, just seeing the format of it made it one of my instant favourite events. Hogan getting eliminated and Andre surviving was a huge shock back then. Plus, Hogan and Rick Rude exchanging blows for the first time in a WWF ring was awesome!

Survivor Series 1988, the Mega Powers in the main event and Demolition turning face, just great stuff.

Survivor Series 1989, Hogan teaming with my favourite tag team Demolition and Jake Roberts was another great moment, and Warrior hammering Bobby Heenan to end the show was cool.

Survivor Series 1990, Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior as sole survivors in the Grand Finale match of Survival was the best moment in S. Series history.

the demolition/powers of pain double turn at SS 88

undertaker's debut at SS 90

watching hogan job and hearing the face pop for taker at SS 91

bret vs diesel at SS 95

austin vs bret at SS 96

rock's heel turn at SS 98

and of course the greatest survivor series moment of all-time is chuck norris thrust kicking jeff jarrett...and to celebrate the 11 year anniversary here are some other chuck norris facts...

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs

The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter he grew a beard

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants

Chuck Norris can make a woman climax by simply pointing at her and saying "booya".

Jesus's Birthday isn't December 25 but Chuck Norris once sent him a birthday card for that day, Jesus was too scared to tell Chuck the truth. Thats why we celebrate Christmas

In 1987, Chuck Norris filled in for Wade Boggs where he went on to hit .366 and claim the American League batting crown