SHOCKING NEWS................Or you probably wont care

Y2James

Portsmouth have sacked manager Alain Perrin after just eight months.

Coach Joe Jordan will take temporary charge of the club, who meet champions Chelsea on Saturday.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said: "This has not been an easy decision. Alain is a talented coach and a good man who has worked extremely hard since arriving.

"However, the view taken is that recent performances and the general morale amongst the squad needed improvement. We are all extremely grateful to him."

Perrin took charge in April and kept the club in the Premiership but they have posted only two wins this season and lie one place above the relegation zone.

Following a 3-0 defeat to Liverpool on Saturday, Mandaric was thought to be on the verge of dispensing with Perrin's services but then appeared to have a change of heart.

BBC

Why would Warnock leave Sheffield UTD when he could be getting them promoted this season?

No surprise, the guy is a tube. Mc Leish's job could well have been saved by the result in Porto, and, as Milan Mardric is the chairman, I see another idiotic foreginer coming in.

I agree with hitman, cant see why Warnock would want to leave Sheff Utd this season. Hes worked hard to get the team where it is and has missed out on a promotion for the last few years. This year it looks like it'll finally happen, so why on gods earth would he join Portsmouth (who'll be going down anyway)

Why would Warnock leave Sheffield UTD when he could be getting them promoted this season?

No surprise, the guy is a tube. Mc Leish's job could well have been saved by the result in Porto, and, as Milan Mardric is the chairman, I see another idiotic foreginer coming in.

The 'tube' managed to get Troyes into Europe and also did well with Marseille. If he had been given a bit of time and didn't have Mandaric buying and selling players without consulting him then he may well have been a success. Your xenophobia is quite shocking actually, 'idiotic foreigner?' By that I assume that anyone you haven't heard of is automatically crap in your book. If Paul Le Guen was appointed tomorrow (not that he'd accept the job) you'd probably be calling him an 'idiotic foreigner' too. The reason Portsmouth are in a terrible state now is not because of Alain Perrin. It is (almost entirely) because of Milan Mandaric.

Oh and as for McLeish, one lucky draw won't be enough to save his job. Nothing less than progression in the Champions League and a long winning streak in the SPL can save him now.

The 'tube' managed to get Troyes into Europe and also did well with Marseille. If he had been given a bit of time and didn't have Mandaric buying and selling players without consulting him then he may well have been a success. Your xenophobia is quite shocking actually, 'idiotic foreigner?' By that I assume that anyone you haven't heard of is automatically crap in your book. If Paul Le Guen was appointed tomorrow (not that he'd accept the job) you'd probably be calling him an 'idiotic foreigner' too. The reason Portsmouth are in a terrible state now is not because of Alain Perrin. It is (almost entirely) because of Milan Mandaric.

Oh and as for McLeish, one lucky draw won't be enough to save his job. Nothing less than progression in the Champions League and a long winning streak in the SPL can save him now.

I've heard of Paul le Guen so obviously wouldn't call him an idiot, and, if you'll notice, I blamed a lot of it on Mandric saying what he does appointed people is stupidity. Mc Leish's draw in the CL will probably be enough for them to get through anyway, as the last game is irrelevant to Inter.

Neil Warnock is understood to be close to tying up a deal which will see him installed as the new Portsmouth manager.

News that the former Plymouth Argyle boss is about to walk out on Sheffield United is sure to rock the foundations of Bramall Lane, where he has steered the club he idolised as a child into a promotion slot at the head of The Championship.

The Blades boss met with United chiefs on Friday night, where it is understood that he was offered a new deal. He will now spend the weekend considering his options, although it appears increasingly likely that he will turn his back on South Yorkshire.

Portsmouth are also understood to have slapped a three-year £3.5 million contract on the table, as they look to bring some stability and discipline to their wayward dressing room.

Chairman Milan Mandaric has already confirmed that he has initiated talks with United, and he said: "Maybe I like one guy better than the rest, but I have got to look at the overall package.

"Perhaps we need someone to throw tea-cups and kick buckets around in the dressing-room. I expect an appointment inside the next two weeks, before our game at Tottenham, although it could be before that."

Other names to be linked with the Portsmouth hot-seat include former Newcastle chiefs Sir Bobby Robson and Ruud Gullit.

credit sky sports.com