HHH Thread part 16348671657

Ed_666

Now' date=' if we look before WM where DAVE~! took the strap from HHH, the reason HHH held the belt is most probably because he's Vince's son in law - I'm not saying it's definitely true, but it's most likely the case.[/quote']

lol that's about as accurate as saying it's most likely the case that god created the earth in seven days. It's not definite, but most likely. :lol

Just because a lot of people jump on the bandwagon, doesn't mean you should dismiss the overwhelming evidence in favour of a nice story!! :P

The real reason HHH had the belt is cause he's one of the best wrestlers, one of the best on the mic, and one of the most over guys on Raw (in fact the whole WWE). You don't need to look past that to find a valid reason for him being champ.

Ed

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i like kurt angle over triple h i mean triple h is brill but at the moment i would rather have angle over cena than triple h and would love to see a angle vs hhh at WM we could see HHH with all the gold if he beats ric flair at SS and has a shot at cena or angle depending who wins at SS for the title maybe hell in the cell or no holds barred/submission?

the reason HHH held the belt is most probably because he's Vince's son in law

Oh for cryin' out loud HHH won the damn WWE title BEFORE he was Vinces god damn son in law, HHH gained most of his success whilst he was still with Chyna & before he even got married to Steph!!!!! :evil :evil :evil

Edited by Ryan

And, look at guys like The Undertaker. He was at the peak of his success in 1992, and then the late 90's. He's still in a very, very good position on SmackDown!, and is also part time. If he was full time, he may of got another reign, and with Orton possibly being Champ again, maybe we'll see Taker get another run.

If The Rock returned to WWE, full time, in perfect condition, how long would it be before he got a WWE Title reign?

Vince will always push talent from WWE's most succesfful periods.

The fact Triple H is related to Mcmahon, wouldn't make any difference at all. He would also have the same amount fo stroke aswell (For anything on screen).

Oh for cryin' out loud HHH won the damn WWE title BEFORE he was Vinces god damn son in law' date=' HHH gained most of his success whilst he was still with Chyna & before he even got married to Steph!!!!! :evil :evil :evil[/quote']

amen hhh was good before and nover before he married steph!!! he is good fair enough it is time to book new champions but when i look at who hhh could have dropped to it would be batista and also i would rather see him as champ than cena because cena puts on similar matches but i like cenas effort

its annoys me that people cant think of a better reason as to why HHH is Champion all the time other than "because he's married to steph" i think thats B/S because who in the WWE is better than HHH at the moment, i can tell you that, NO ONE, hell im not the biggest HHH fan but i can tell you this there isnt anyone in the WWE that is suited the be the WWE champion apart from HHH, yeh Angle & Benoit are close but not as close as HHH, Cena is a crap champion and Batista is ok but injured.

stop bashing HHH because he's the best in the WWE today!

Edited by Ryan

I wouldn't say Rock was as good a wrestler as Triple H , but Rocky is a hell of a better entertainer than Hunter.

Getting back down to the subject of the thread, a logical booker would push a guy who he thinks can make the most money for the company, that maybe in ticket sales, PPV buys, merchandise sales etc, thats the main reason Cena is champion right now, because he is a profitable and marketable guy for the WWE.

At the end of the day, wrestling is a business and its about making money, a booker should push the person who he thinks can make the most money.

HHH is a great all rounder much like The Rock, some of the best fueds in history were between HHH & The Rock.

You mean in RECENT history! HHH in ring is a decent wrestler when hes not too big (muscle wise).

And as far as HHH goes he was a LOT better back in his first run, shame he got lazy in the 02-03/early 04 timespan. Hes better now, just still not as good as he was. And IMO he certainly was champion some times due to Steph....sorry, but its true.

[chris2k mode]Anyway, back on topic[/chris2k mode], if you want to debate HHH then make the HHH thread number 675672564541 and you can do it there.

Oh for cryin' out loud HHH won the damn WWE title BEFORE he was Vinces god damn son in law' date=' HHH gained most of his success whilst he was still with Chyna & before he even got married to Steph!!!!! :evil :evil :evil[/quote']

Hang on, he was Champ for nearly 2 years solid after he married Steph because he was Champ before he was married to Steph?

The point that I was making is that he DOMINATED RAW's title, with no real contenders for around 2 years, and all of this was after he became Vince's son in law. During his build he wasn't married to Steph, and even before he was involved with her, he became Champ, but surprisingly he didn't hold the Gold for nearly 2 years solid, did he?

Now, again, back on the "how wrestling works" and away from the "how good was HHH and why he's the Champ" please. :)

HHH & Steph got married around the end of 2003, HHH then lost the Title to Goldberg at Unforgiven 2003 then regained it at Armageddon then held it until WMXX so thats a 3 month title reign, then held it from Unforgiven to November thats a 2 month title reign, then won it at New Years Revolution and lost it at WM21 so thats a 4 month title reign, so that'll be an all around 9 months os HHH holding the title seperate time, so thats hardly 2 years solid is it Fill :D

The point that I was making is that he DOMINATED RAW's title' date=' with no real contenders for around 2 years, and all of this was after he became Vince's son in law. During his build he wasn't married to Steph, and even before he was involved with her, he became Champ, but surprisingly he didn't hold the Gold for nearly 2 years solid, did he?[/quote']Maybe that's down to the real lack of contenders. People will always say RVD and Booker T, but neither are ideal World Champions realistically. And whoevers fault it may be (The bookers), no real opponents were built up for Triple H. However at the first sign of potential in a new star (Benjamin, and Batista), Triple H has put them over clean. He has made two stars ou of nobodies, because he saw potential in them, and them losses did Triple H a fair bit of harm, so he can't be that much of a politician.

Now' date=' again, back on the "how wrestling works" and away from the "how good was HHH and why he's the Champ" please. :)[/quote']Is this really so far off topic? It's still about what makes a World Champion, and we're talking about whhy Triple H was Champion.
Edited by MrFill

OK, if you want to break it down:

Handed to HHH on 2nd September 2002.

Dropped to Shawn on 17th November 2002. (held by HHH for 76 days).

Taken back by HHH on 15th December 2002. (held by Shawn for 28 days).

Dropped to BILL on 21st September 2003. (held by HHH for 280 days).

Taken back by HHH on 14th December 2003. (held by BILL for 84 days).

Dropped to Benoit on 14th Match 2004. (held by HHH for 91 days).

Dropped to Orton on 15th August 2004. (held by Benny for 154 days).

Taken by HHH on 12th September 2004. (held by Randy for 28 days).

Vacated on 29th November 2004. (held by HHH for 78 days).

Won by HHH on 9th January 2005.

Dropped to DAVE~! on 3rd April 2005. (held by HHH for 84 days).

So, out of 903 total days, HHH held the title for 609 days. That's 2/3 of the time. Out of the 9 different reigns, he holds 6 of them, that's 2/3 of the reigns as well as the time. I'd consider that DOMINATING the period.

If you take it upto WM when he dropped it to Benoit, he held it for 447 days out of 559 - yes, that's 80% of that period. In my book, that's pretty close the whole time.

Now, he was engaged to Steph upto the time when he married her, you think that didn't influence the decision on who would be the Champion at all?

Maybe that's down to the real lack of contenders.

And the only way to make somebody into a contender is to make them look like a threat - if you don't do that, then people won't consider them a possible Champ - the person who does this is the Champ with the booking of the writers.

He did it with DAVE~!, Goldberg, and Shawn (his best buddy), but who else?

People will always say RVD and Booker T' date=' but neither are ideal World Champions realistically.[/quote']

If you discount them, you have to discount Shawn as he's small - RVD was SUPER over, yet wasn't treated like a threat.

Booker was a 5 time WCW Champion, so he must have SOMETHING going for him.

And whoevers fault it may be (The bookers)' date=' no real opponents were built up for Triple H.[/quote']

You mean built up BY HHH, right? He's admitted that he sits on booking meetings, plus with his fiancee/wife being the head booker, it's HER job to make a threat, did she? No.

Look at the others, Steiner was a joke - they deliberately made the whole build into a joke rather than making him look like a real threat.

Goldberg - instead of dropping to him in the Chamber when he was injured, HHH retained with FIVE PUNCHES and MR SLEDGY! Yes, you read that right - FIVE PUNCHES! Wow, what work by the Champion.

However at the first sign of potential in a new star (Benjamin' date=' and Batista), Triple H has put them over clean. He has made two stars ou of nobodies, because he saw potential in them, and them losses did Triple H a fair bit of harm, so he can't be that much of a politician.[/quote']

And what's happened to Shelty now? The bookers have made a joke of him - HHH made him look like a real threat, then after he dropped the IC title, he vanished.

Is this really so far off topic? It's still about what makes a World Champion' date=' and we're talking about whhy Triple H was Champion.[/quote']

True, but this has almost become purely about HHH, like the other 20 gazillion threads. :P

Ok this is what i am going to say.

Regarding Triple H i feel that he is one of the best wrestlers around however i wont go and say that everyone should blow his horn (like Mr P does) i feel that he has killed peoples pushes (classic example Randy Orton's brillant fall from grace). I mean what ever stroke he has backstage I personally do not want to speculate.

Also Mr P could you please respect other peoples veiws on Wrestlers i mean if they disagree with you then please dont mock or take the p!ss please.

• Like 1

Everyone does have an opinion and I respect other opinions but to say HHH won the title or got some much notice was because his marriage to Stephanie is not totally the truth! As stated before he did win big matches before Stephanie and was already over! He does have alot of stroke back stage and yes its proably due to Stephanie but the man is a solid performer night in night out! Even he stated that he noticed how much air time he was getting and wanted some off time! As for killing Ortons persona I dont believe he was meant to hold the belt for so long anyway and besides he got a major push from that title run and was the youngest champ ever! HHH is the WWE thats my opinion and hes the best thing going then and now!

so to be a bum but he won big matches before Steph even made her debut :D

This might be a bit difficult as she made her official TV debut in 1990 or 1991 when she was 14, HHH wasn't even fully trained then, so unless he has a time machine, went back to before he was employed by WCW, let alone the WWF, then this is impossible.