I'm overdosing on Take That

Nicole

No joke, just downloaded the new greatest hits collection.

Who could forget such classics as:

Could it be magic

It only takes a minute

Everything changes

Pray

Babe

Relight my fire

Yes, I'm reverting to being a six year old, and when I go to sixth form party next week, I'm requesting take that for retro value.

All together now...."Could it be magic...NOW"

• Like 1

No joke, just downloaded the new greatest hits collection.

Who could forget such classics as:

Could it be magic

It only takes a minute

Everything changes

Pray

Babe

Relight my fire

Yes, I'm reverting to being a six year old, and when I go to sixth form party next week, I'm requesting take that for retro value.

All together now...."Could it be magic...NOW"

We need to have words.

Nic dont worry i know what reto moments your feeling because i get that alot from watching the old (as in very first few series) of the Power Rangers (so sue me i have no job at the moment and you really think i am going to watch Trisha!!!!) So dont worry it's ok to look back on the past. But remember there is a now and sadly unlike the days when you had boy bands for people to mock like Take That. The music world is getting subjected to bands like Son of Pork.... sorry Dork and Mcfly (two bands i personally hate oh and Busted as well)

Take that rock people! Honestly' date=' you gotta feel the power of THE band of the 90's! They even did the safe sex tour..how cool is that![/quote']:stupid

Yeh they sure rocked :roll . Alright they weren't bad, but I can easily forget that time, it's all in the past. Just let it go Nic:tdown

Hey come on fellars they did pave the way for most of the bands too day.

They guys also did put a lot of work and in and at the time couldnt be seen for the swarms of women. Do I get a sense of jealousy guys!

As for the music it was and still is classic!:thumbsup

Could it be magic

It only takes a minute

Everything changes

Pray

Babe

Relight my fire

Hey come on fellars they did pave the way for most of the boy bands too day.

There, fixed that for you.

They guys also did put a lot of work and in and at the time couldnt be seen for the swarms of women. Do I get a sense of jealousy guys!

Jealousy? None at all - I'd rather have a woman love me for who I am than for some pathetic reason like "I sing her favourite song"

If I wanted hoards of screaming 12 year olds girls, then I'd have to be some kind of pervert. :P

Firstly, you say that like no one came before Take That. Take That were simply something spawned from the success of bands like Boys II Men, New Kids On The Block, hell even The Beatles, and became big. The Spice Girls had much more influence IMO because unlike Take That who were easily replaced by Boyzone and Westlife, no one ever really replaced the Spices. The only band who ever came close was Girls Aloud and they don't have the attitude that Ginger etc had in an era where such an attitude got more attention. There was no one to really "feud" with them as there was with Take That (East 17) or to a lesser extent when everyone was comparing Blur and Oasis.

Secondly, Fill is right. They inspired boy bands. And only one of them ever went on to become anything special. As it was, it's the guy that people thought would fall to the power of Gary Barlow that actually becoming one of Britains biggest stars.

As for the music it was and still is classic!:thumbsup

Could it be magic

It only takes a minute

Everything changes

Pray

Babe

Relight my fire

Yes boy bands existed as people have said.... But where they British and did they have worldwide success as well and last as long? No they didn't...

Whilst they where original they paved the way for other bands which although not everyones cup of tea did gain fans and appealed to a market.

I thought they where s**t and always have done but my sister loved them at the time and went to their concerts and adored them... although she didn't cry when Robbie left, that would have been sad...

End of the day the women is making a valid point and expressing an opinion... when did that become a crime?

Neither should have Robson and Jerome but they did... Or Milli Vinilli...

But people have to realise that image and catchiness and appeal gets money more then talent and always almost has done....

I love metal but does it stress me that McFly sell more then Trivium? Nope...

Because as sone as they did I'd be labelled a 'sellout' as would the band for earning money, which is the point of a music career....

People just don't get it do they.

It's a business, not just an art. Everything is a bloody business these days, get over it.

Neither should have Robson and Jerome but they did... Or Milli Vinilli...

But people have to realise that image and catchiness and appeal gets money more then talent and always almost has done....

I love metal but does it stress me that McFly sell more then Trivium? Nope...

Because as sone as they did I'd be labelled a 'sellout' as would the band for earning money, which is the point of a music career....

People just don't get it do they.

It's a business, not just an art. Everything is a bloody business these days, get over it.

Trivium are **** :P No they really are, the guys face annoys me and they think there metallica or something. They really arent.

Trivium are **** :P No they really are' date=' the guys face annoys me and they think there metallica or something. They really arent.[/quote']

Okay then...

What about Killswitch or Cradle Of Filth or any other good metal bands? They all sell less then McFly but it doesn't bother me...

As for Trivium? I don't look at the members, it's not about image for me, its about music.

And if the music isn't for you, then fine. Everyone is different.