Vote for Crouch, Sports personality of the year award

headshrinker

I do tire of the constant jumping on people backs. First it was Woodgate now it's Crouch.

Well Woodgate soon proved the doubters wrongquickly becoming one of madrids players of the season so far, yet if you are to find the time to search for the recent Woodgate related threads futher down the forums then you will notice that there is no mention of the games he had after the infamous own goals and sending off. Certainly no mention of his goal in the right end and his constantly improving performences before his hamstring injury.

Now it seems we move onto Crouch, i see the sun are offereing a casde of flat wine to the first Goalkeeper to concede a goal from Crouch. Great way to boost the lads confidence. Then in the Sunday mail i see that the repoter of the Liverpool game feel that Crouch only deserves a 4 out of 10 against Portsmouth, sorry is was he watching a different game to the one i saw on Football first? Crouch had a fantastic game and did everything bar score. His penalty was sweetly struck but the keeper did fantasticaly do get down to it. If the same had happened to Ellingtons penalty for West Brom the the press would be calling him a dumby, but as the keeper went the wrong way, it's a great penalty. With his one on one chance, he could of maybe done a little better, as he put it at a nice height for the keeper. He also had a bullet header which amazingly the keeper managed to claw away.

But sooner or later Crouch will score, it could very well be against Betis this week, and like after Christmas last the fllodgates could open.

The likes of Shearer, Owen and Van Nistelrooy have often gone on barren spells, but they have always come back and proved the critics wrong. I'm backing crouch to do the same too.

I should know, i've watched Ade Akinbiyi over the past 6 months. :D

I couldn't care less if he scores or not, he's still useless. He was useless at Villa, pretty much useless at Southampton save for about 7 games last season, 7 games which promted Rafa Benitez to splash out £7 million on him.

Worst player to pull on the three lions since Carlton Palmer.

I love the guy. Villa reject turned England international and the main striker for the European champions :D . He isn't worth 7 million and probably isn't up to Liverpool's standards but he isn't quite as useless as some people suggest. Some seem to forget that football isn't all about technical skill and slaughter him when he blatently doesn't deserve it.

Oh and KJ, Ricketts was much worse.

I do tire of the constant jumping on people backs. First it was Woodgate now it's Crouch.

Well Woodgate soon proved the doubters wrongquickly becoming one of madrids players of the season so far, yet if you are to find the time to search for the recent Woodgate related threads futher down the forums then you will notice that there is no mention of the games he had after the infamous own goals and sending off. Certainly no mention of his goal in the right end and his constantly improving performences before his hamstring injury.

Now it seems we move onto Crouch, i see the sun are offereing a casde of flat wine to the first Goalkeeper to concede a goal from Crouch. Great way to boost the lads confidence. Then in the Sunday mail i see that the repoter of the Liverpool game feel that Crouch only deserves a 4 out of 10 against Portsmouth, sorry is was he watching a different game to the one i saw on Football first? Crouch had a fantastic game and did everything bar score. His penalty was sweetly struck but the keeper did fantasticaly do get down to it. If the same had happened to Ellingtons penalty for West Brom the the press would be calling him a dumby, but as the keeper went the wrong way, it's a great penalty. With his one on one chance, he could of maybe done a little better, as he put it at a nice height for the keeper. He also had a bullet header which amazingly the keeper managed to claw away.

But sooner or later Crouch will score, it could very well be against Betis this week, and like after Christmas last the fllodgates could open.

The likes of Shearer, Owen and Van Nistelrooy have often gone on barren spells, but they have always come back and proved the critics wrong. I'm backing crouch to do the same too.

I should know, i've watched Ade Akinbiyi over the past 6 months. :D

Im with you on this one.I think Petey is a good player and he has proved that he is technically gifted and some of his footwork for a man of his size is great, typical of the stupid England fans who boo him.Look at their beloved captain Beckham a number of years ago they where chanting for his son to be killed among other things.

Why should we. i mean there is far more desviring people who should hold that title (for example Anderw Flintoff or Micheal Vaughn have better years and are far more talented than him)

I wont be voting for him. He is a waste of space, he shouldnt even be gracing the England team with his presence other than to clean there boots. And i cant believe that Liverpool a team which won the champions league could have gone out and brought someone who is far more talented and English. I mean there was Vassel.

1st Andrew Flintoff

2nd Steven Gerrard

3rd Ellen McCarthur

Coatch of the year

Duncan Fletcher

Team of the year

English Cricket team

Young sports personality of the year

Andrew Murray

On another note the awards themselves take place on the 11th of December

I'm not 100% sur but Flintoff may still be in Pakistan, Gerrard may be in japan for the Fifa tounamant, and Ellen is in the middle of the Atlantic at the moment. Could be a damb squib for the BBC.

Why should we. i mean there is far more desviring people who should hold that title (for example Anderw Flintoff or Micheal Vaughn have better years and are far more talented than him)

BECAUSE IT'S A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez. I'm not sure what is more alarming, Crouch's lack of goals or someone believing that there would be a serious post about voting him as the sports personality of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol :lol :lol

From TIMESONLINE

Football in Brief

Crouch stands tall in BBC poll

Liverpool supporters are either loyal or do a good line in irony. The BBC has been bombarded with votes for Peter Crouch, the striker, to win the Sports Personality of the Year award next week. The forward has been mocked this season, having failed to score in 18 games for Liverpool and three for England, but a campaign to rig the BBC’s annual poll is apparently bearing fruit. Crouch is rumoured to have overtaken Steven Gerrard to lie second in the poll behind Andrew Flintoff, the England cricketer. The BBC said that any duplicate votes would be discounted.

:lol :lol :lol

That's all well and good, but it's not just one person doing it. Can't wait to see Crouch stand up to accept an award and hit his head on the ceiling and knock a load of lighting off causing chaos :D