Kate

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VINCE MCMAHON ANNOUNCES NEW DRUG POLICY

November 21, 2005

In a joint meeting today with the RAW and SmackDown rosters in the United Kingdom, in Sheffield, Vince McMahon announced that within the next several weeks, a new drug testing policy will be implemented in which performance enhancing drugs, such as steroids, etc., recreational drugs, as well as abuse of prescription drugs will be banned.

In addition to the new drug testing procedure, there will also be an emphasis on cardiovascular examinations.

The specifics of the drug policy will be announced over the next several weeks. More details to follow. Check with WWE.com for the latest information.

If he really means it then this is brilliant news.

Does this mean that we're going to see less of the muscle bound freaks and more talented wrestlers? :P
What it means is:

Battle Royal for the unified World and WWE titles at WrestleMania 22:

Trevor vs Show vs Funaki vs the returning Spike Dudley vs Scotty Too Hotty vs Spanky

Joy :lol

Seriously, its good news and good to hear, if its done legit, that WWE are going to start to look after their guys, but I have no doubt certain guys will be overlooked, like HHH and Batista who will both be allowed to continue their steroid use.

One bad thing about this, for me personally, is that this probably means more cruiserweights and guys like that, which sucks because I DESPISE cruiserweight matches for the most part, all that acrobatic nonsense with no psychology.

Oh well.

But Bret wasn't a Cruiser' date=' and he was World Champ many times, so I'd expect it to go more to the "natural" type of guys.[/quote']I'm not saying it will be all cruisers and that only, but it will be alot of that. Lets be honest, these days, people who come up through the indy scene love to work that cruiser style, look at ROH for a prime example, so much of that crap makes up their shows. Bret wasnt a cruiser, but he learned the oldschool way, people arent taught that way anymore. That being said, even if they were, I wouldnt be impressed as I never rated Hart, so more guys with his boring style on WWE shows doesnt appeal to me.

Sadly, for those of us who prefer the big man power based style, we are probably going to see very little of it, but I for one understand the reason and am all for guys staying healthy and being looked after.

Saying that' date=' Monty probably isn't a user as he needed the build for the NFL and they're a lot stricter on the drug use.[/quote']

There is a ton of drug usage in the NFL and especially MLB, not as much as pro wrestling but its there, always will be. Pro sports will always have steroids involved.

Do you have to keep using steroids? I always thought that steroids helped you gain muscle and made it easier to maintain, but once you got the muscle, you could keep it if you kept working out enough.

It is a bit hard to police, but it is good that they are actually now making an attempt to get the guys to look after themselves.

Do you have to keep using steroids? I always thought that steroids helped you gain muscle and made it easier to maintain, but once you got the muscle, you could keep it if you kept working out enough.

It is a bit hard to police, but it is good that they are actually now making an attempt to get the guys to look after themselves.

Yes you need to keep using them. You cycle on for 6 weeks, then off for a couple weeks, during the couple weeks you are off them you take something else to keep the steroids working and so on, then back on the gas for another 6 weeks. Its neverending.

Once you come off them totally and attempt to keep a good body by training only, you flatten out and end up looking like a deflated balloon (like Hulk Hogan in 1993) or a fat *******, like Hercules in 1995.

I bet their new policy will pick "random" names to be tested after every show. It'll be quite a coincidence when Paul London is picked to give a sample for the 142nd consecutive time.

Really, this is nothing more than a way for Vince to hide from press complaints that he's at fault for the deaths of wrestlers. If you believe that this will be conducted in a 100% genuine and unbiased way, then you're not willing to accept the truth. Simple as.

Its a step in the right direction for wrestlers, and the wrestling world. We all know to well the list of greats who have passed away due to years of drug abuse, maybe in 10 years times we won't be hear talking about guys who have passed away due to years of drug abuse.

Lets be honest' date=' these days, people who come up through the indy scene love to work that cruiser style, look at ROH for a prime example, so much of that crap makes up their shows.[/quote']

That's not actually true though is it? I've watched three RoH shows from last May/June and there are spot-fests on there but they're the exception, not the rule. Fair enough, they don't have so much of the "power-based" offence matches. They have more wrestling in its purest sense - grappling, reversals, innovative submissions and pinning combinations etc.

And I'm taking this waaaay off topic aren't I? :oops

Vince: Right guys, we've got a new drug policy. I'm sorry, but that means no more steroids.

Rey Mysterio: What? I won't even be a cruiserweight anymore! I'll have to be a part of the midget division!

Vince: Not to worry, you'll be used the same as you were before.

Rey Mysterio: Great, thats good to know.

Triple H: Hey Dad, I'm not part of this, am I?

Vince: Of course not sweety, I didn't upset you did I? Here, have another title run.

John Cena: Oi!

Vince: Calm down John, you can have the Intercontinental belt to destroy.

John Cena: Cool.

Big Show: Vince, you can't get rid of steroids! I'll lose weight and be a limited wrestler without a giant gimmick.

Vince: Ok guys, new rule. DONT GET CAUGHT!!

Well I doubt Vince is going to this by the book, if he does, there will be about three wrestlers that will pass the test, even Vince himself will fail that one. If you look at guys like Masters, Batista, Cena where there only talent is that they take steroids, what will happen to them when they don't pass the test?

That's not actually true though is it? I've watched three RoH shows from last May/June and there are spot-fests on there but they're the exception, not the rule. Fair enough, they don't have so much of the "power-based" offence matches. They have more wrestling in its purest sense - grappling, reversals, innovative submissions and pinning combinations etc.

And I'm taking this waaaay off topic aren't I? :oops

ok let me re-phrase: From what I have seen of ROH in the past, they run alot of cruiserweight style matches and matches with smaller guys jumping and flipping around.

Also, the pure wrestling is something I think is boring, so that doesnt help either, lol. Oh well.

ok let me re-phrase: From what I have seen of ROH in the past' date=' they run alot of cruiserweight style matches and matches with smaller guys jumping and flipping around.[/quote']

Their early product was extremely spot-heavy, youre right.

Also' date=' the pure wrestling is something I think is boring, so that doesnt help either, lol. Oh well.[/quote']

That can't be helped. :lol