*** Official Smackdown Discussion Thread - 25th November 2005 ***

MrFill

Preview:

This week, Friday Night SmackDown rolls into jolly old England to make its final stop before Survivor Series.

World Heavyweight Champion Batista will be leading his Survivor Series SmackDown team into RAW Monday night. Will they return to SmackDown as conquering heroes, or will their actions motivate the RAW Superstars to attempt to get the last laugh Friday night?

Also, just two days before he captains Team SmackDown at Survivor Series, Batista will put the World Heavyweight Championship on the line against Randy Orton in a No Holds Barred Match. Can The Animal turn back his former Evolution ally? Or will The Legend Killer capture his second reign as World Heavyweight Champion?

In another championship match this week on SmackDown, Booker T will defend his United States Championship against the man he beat for the title, Chris Benoit.

Plus, with Survivor Series right around the corner, will Theodore Long make any last-minute announcements regarding the pay-per-view spectacular?

For the answers to all these questions and more, be sure to tune in to UPN next Friday night at 8/7 CT.

Source: WWE.com

Spoilers are allowed in this thread.

Here it goes guys.

Got this from thewrestlingobserver.com

Source: http://www.wrestlemag.com

Please credit and link to the website if using the following:

Velocity:

- Kid Kash beat Chris Chaos

- MNM defeated Brian Kendrick & Paul London

- Sylvan beat Funaki

- Simon Dean pinned Taylor Phoenix

Smackdown!

- Booker T vs Chris Benoit for the United States title went to a draw after two referees got involved and each counted a pinfall as both men had their shoulders on the mat. Teddy Long declared the title vacant and that Booker T vs Benoit was made for Survivor Series as the first in a 'Best of Seven' match, with the winner being declared the new US Champion.

- The Dicks beat Road Warrior Animal & Heidenreich

- Matt Hardy beat Kennedy via DQ

- Melina pinned Christy Hemme

- Juventud beat Nunzio via pinfall to become the new WWE Cruiserweight Champion

- William Regal & Paul Burchill vs JBL & Rey Mysterio went to a no-contest after HBK, Carlito and Chris Masters invaded Smackdown! Carlito and Masters were sat at ringside before HBK hit the ring and superkicked JBL. Benoit, Animal, Heidenreich and Hardcore Holly hit the ring to make the save for Smackdown!.

- Bobby Lashley pinned Orlando Jordan in what was basically a squash match.

- Teddy Long ordered the entire Smackdown! roster to make their way to ringside ahead of tonight's main event.

- Batista vs Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Title went to a no contest after a huge brawl broke out between the entire RAW and Smackdown! rosters in the ring and around the ringside area.

A better show than last night's RAW show overall.

Ewww were gonna have a lot of Benoit vs Booker matches.Ohh the joy of seing Booker so many times.

So Juvi is again the Cruiser Champs,nice to see how long that backstage heat lasted.

just got back from Sheffield, was in 5th row from the ring - Big Show/Kane and HBK walked right past me!!!

Brilliant show tonite, much better than last nights RAW (probably because i was further back)

Would've been better if Orton took the gold

oh, and brilliant Pyro

Great mass brawl. The show finished 20 mins early becase they had o cach a flight at midnight.

Smackdown always lasts around 15/20 minutes less than Raw (Raw on average is 2h7m while Smackdown is on average 1h51m).

Also someone who I know (a mega saddo) waits at the UK airport for the superstars to leave and arrive, told me their flight back to the States was at 10am today.

I think Batista will keep the title and will not be having surgery. When he first got injured it said on wwe.com he could either have surgery and be out for 3 months or rehab it for 4-6 weeks. As it has been two weeks now since then, they have given him an on-air injury by having him chokeslammed through the car and announce table. He won't be needed too much at SS, and can not wrestle for a few weeks and would probably be ok by Armageddon. And his back can't be that bad if he can give Big Show a spinebuster and take a bump through the table!

Glad Juvi won the belt again.. but for ****s sake give him a feud with Paul London and Spanky.. WWE has TALENT in the cruser divison...

personally i don't want Benoit to be stuck with Booker for 7 matches.. to me Booker isn't great in the ring anymore and will probably still win.. Benoit should have the world title... and i know the first series back in WCW was good.. but it's been done before so the matches will become boring.. and it will probably go to 4-3..

Well of course it's going to go to 4-3, just like every 2 out of 3 falls match goes to 2-1.

Glad Juvi got the belt back and I agree, give him a damn feud, there's so many great matches to be had if they give them the time, even with the move ban.

Booker v Benoit best of 7 should rock.

Your taking the piss arent you?

I thought it was a decent show, some short matches which were good, and some long matches which sucked (Benoit and Booker please stand up). Womens match was pretty boring too.

The length of TV matches should be exactly how long the JBL/Mysterio vs Regal/Burchill match lasted. No need to wait 10 minutes, before getting to the point.

I also thought it was very funny the whole crowd announcing the introduction along with Kennedy. Also, The Boogeyman just gets better and better every time he appears.

Great ending to the show aswell. I thought Orton was going to roll over and cover Batista on the outside, but it wasnt to be.

Roll on Survivor Series!

What was great then may have deteriorated now...look at austin's act, for cryin' out loud. XD

This has the potential to be nothing more than a drag on slugfest series, in which we probably know Benoit will just about get the inch.

And why 7? Oo Surely best of 3 is suitable...with a rematch at whenever. Oo

What was great then may have deteriorated now...look at austin's act, for cryin' out loud. XD

This has the potential to be nothing more than a drag on slugfest series, in which we probably know Benoit will just about get the inch.

And why 7? Oo Surely best of 3 is suitable...with a rematch at whenever. Oo

Agreed. Hopefully at least 3 or 4 of these matches take place on some house shows. This has been the worst and most boring feud of 2005 without a doubt, the only way it can be saved is if they have gimmick matches.