Best Monster in Wrestling?

carlito is cool

Over the years who in your opinion in Wrestling has been booked/acted like the most indestructable wrecking machine since a prime Mike Tyson in the mid eighties?

Goldberg- He was the ultimate MONSTER in his WCW days. He didn't speak much, his matches didn't go long, he had intensity, a stiff devastating move set, he rarely sold, he went on an unbelieaveable winning streak, he had the music and looked as hard as nails. This is the perfect blue print for every company to follow when wanting to create an indestructable beast. Of course Vince knew better :lol

Other Good Monsters but not on Goldbergs level were:

Brock Lesnar- Lacked Goldbergs Intensity, Sold a little too much

Kane- Was Awseome at first, But then the stupid angles with lightning, and paul bearer as his dad killed it for me. The removal of the mask was the final nail in the coffin.

Sid- Booked reasonably well, cut a decent promo, had curly blonde hair though :lol

Theres also: Vader,Scott Steiner,Undertaker,Diesel

But Goldberg was THE MAN!!!

Abyss for me: TNA have done very well with his gimmick.. and if they don't remove the mask he will continue to do well.. best big man at the moment

Agreed. Abyss was my first thought when I saw the thread title. Undertaker's early days as well ( and I mean before he fought Hogan 1st time ), he sold nothing, the commentators sold him up as a guy that could feel no pain and he looked devastating in the ring. And that slow stalking style, was just an awesome monster. But then came the Hogan matches and Hogan could hurt him so the image was tarnished slightly but still looked really good.*

*no blame attached to Hogan as I know it was booked that way

In WCW and when briefly in WWE, as well as his Japan work, Vader was an awsome monster heel, none better.

More recently Lesnar was great, but in today's wrestling world I'd say its Abyss, he, along with Jim Mitchell are a great team and really work well in TNA.

Abyss for me: TNA have done very well with his gimmick.. and if they don't remove the mask he will continue to do well.. best big man at the moment

Agreed Abyss is probally one of the best big men in professional Wrestling today. He seems to have the perfect look about him he did what many on the internet thought was impossible and he had made Jeff hardy seem good again.

Brock Lesner: After watching some of his matches again i will admit one thing this guy was a brilliant Heel and also if you include his amature wrestling skills as well he could put on a good match.

Undertaker: Talking about his run from 1990 to the minstry he seemed to be one of the best. He not only had a power game which most people remember him for. He was able to flip over the top rope like a cruiserweight with greatest of ease.

However I will have to disagree with Carlitos veiws on goldberg. I felt like jack does about Samao Joe. When you see a Goldberg match you have seen every single one of them. He was too stiff in the ring which resulted in the injury and retirement of Brett and also that streak was only unbeaten because he either faced gentic jobbers who was there to try and make him look good or he was facing people who Eric B fell out with (Prime example was Jericho).

Kane- Was Awseome at first, But then the stupid angles with lightning, and paul bearer as his dad killed it for me. The removal of the mask was the final nail in the coffin.

It wasn't the lightning that ruined Kane it was the stupid angles with Tori and Chyna becoming Kane's girlfriends which really pushed the boat.There were also cracks in his character when he was able to speak properly after months of speaking like a robot by pressing his pulse on his neck.What really ruined Kane though was when they got mixed up on his back ground,i mean seemingly he was burned to hell in hs Dad's funeral parlour by the Undertaker,and he doesn't leave his house untill he debuts in the WWF in 1997 but he still manages to party with Katie Vick even though he won't leave his house?

At the moment it is Abyss, even though i think he hasn't got a wrestlers ring style and makes moves look not as good as others, still a great superstar and a very good monster.

Undertaker through the 90's, Kane's first few months and Brock Lesnar were also very good. And for the future, it looks like they are pushing Lashley but he doesn't have the heel gimmick.

I can remember seeing a video of "Giant Gonzalez" he was just scary to look at with his size' date=' and his attire was pretty sick as well ...[/quote']

SMPL!!!!!1!1!11onetwothreefour!1!1!1!11superexclamationmark!1!13245 :D :D :D :lol :lol :D :lol :P

El Gigante sucked.

He was actually quite a decent one, but it was horrible circumstance. He didn't want to be a heel, and more importantly the fans refused to boo him. It was a terrible, useless turn, and was rectified within weeks.

I would not call Goldberg the best monster, but he was one of the most successful ones. Bruiser Brody was a good monster, as was Vader. Brock Lesnar has the possibility to become one. I think The Big Show would have been an obvious one, but it never really worked out properly. He was athletic as hell, but too green. By the time he learned, he became fat and lazy.

He was actually quite a decent one' date=' but it was horrible circumstance. He didn't want to be a heel, and more importantly the fans refused to boo him. It was a terrible, useless turn, and was rectified within weeks.[/quote']

But you could see his heart wasnt in it and no one belived it....hence he was a crappy heel. :P