10 most influential people in wrestling in the last 20 years?

carlito is cool

Ok so we have had the debate who's the best wrestler? Now who do you think have been the most influential people in Wrestling over the past 2 decades? By this i mean who has helped or hurt Wrestling the most over the past 20 years?

My list Reads

1) Vince Mcmahon

2) Hulk Hogan

3) Steve Austin

4) The Rock

5) Ric Flair

6) The Undertaker

7) HBK

8) Paul Heyman

9) HHH

10)Eric Bischoff

Others include: Bret Hart, Vince Russo, Ted Turner, Bill Goldberg, Sting, Road Warriors, Jake Roberts, Mick Foley

Vince McMahon

Eric Bischoff

Stone Cold Steve Austin

The Rock

Goldberg

Triple H

The Undertaker

Ric Flair

Kurt Angle

Chris Benoit

Mick Foley

Bret Hart

Shawn Michaels

Paul Heyman

Hulk Hogan

Nah I'm sorry I cant put just ten... they were in no particular order by the way, and I cant be bothered to list the rest, simply because there is so many. And seeing as it's "Influencial PEOPLE" there's going to be some writers like Meltz to be included...

Whatever the list is there is no question that Vinny Mac is no. 1

I think it was more of a team effort, although maybe indirectly in some cases. (Bischoff) McMahon made keen business decisions, so on that side of things totally, because he is the owner, that's his job. But as far as the wrestlers go they did a hell of a job, without top guys like Stone Cold Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan, the business would have slumpt severely and quickly.

So for just putting McMahon at the top.. im not so sure. I agreed until I actually thought about it. It's an interesting debate actually that no one will ever know an answer too... it would be an opinionated thing.

I think it was more of a team effort, although maybe indirectly in some cases. (Bischoff) McMahon made keen business decisions, so on that side of things totally, because he is the owner, that's his job. But as far as the wrestlers go they did a hell of a job, without top guys like Stone Cold Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan, the business would have slumpt severely and quickly.

So for just putting McMahon at the top.. im not so sure. I agreed until I actually thought about it. It's an interesting debate actually that no one will ever know an answer too... it would be an opinionated thing.

Agreed but then you have to look at the fact that McMahon had the sense to actually USE Austin and Rock.

Austin was dubbed as a midcard by Bischoff but found his niche persona. Rock did the same. McMahon's nose for money contributed to their success (along with other WWE bigwigs of course.)

1)Hogan- Helped build the WWF and kill WCW.

2)Fabulous Freebirds-Were the first people to use entrance music.

3)Vince Mcmahon-Built the WWF from a regional terriotory into what it is today.

4)Ric Flair-Inspired alot of todays wrestlers to become wrestlers.

5)Roddy Piper-Without him Wrestlemania 1 might have floundered,as a top face needs a top heel to fight.

6)Jushin Liger-Helped pioner the juniors division in America & Japan.

7)Eric Bischoff-Helped build and kill WCW/NWA (A$$ hole)

8)Brian Pillman-His death helped start the attitude era.

9)Stone Cold-Helped bring the WWF back from almost financial ruin.

10)Paul Heyman-Great manager and withot him there would be no hardcore style,i don't like the hardcore style unless it's a blow off to a feud but i can respect what he's done.

Agreed but then you have to look at the fact that McMahon had the sense to actually USE Austin and Rock.

Austin was dubbed as a midcard by Bischoff but found his niche persona. Rock did the same. McMahon's nose for money contributed to their success (along with other WWE bigwigs of course.)

Yes what you say is true, McMahon had the sense to use Austin, Rock and many others successfully and hire the right people backstage... or make the right changes backstage himself. But Austin himself came up with his character... not Vince or any of the WWE. Vince was the one who let it go ahead...

Yes what you say is true' date=' McMahon had the sense to use Austin, Rock and many others successfully and hire the right people backstage... or make the right changes backstage himself. But Austin himself came up with his character... not Vince or any of the WWE. Vince was the one who let it go ahead...[/quote']

Ahh...but who came up with the Austin vs McMahon fued?

THAT was what really catapulted Steve. More so than beating Michaels even.

My list:

1. Vincent K McMahon, Jr. Turning it into Sports Entertainment.

2. Ted Turner. For having the only real competition to the WWF.

3. Vince Russo. Creating the Attitude Era and starting the downward spiral of WCW.

4. Hulk Hogan. Being the biggest name in Wrestling in history.

5. Eric Bischoff. Running the last few years of WCW, and then being the GM on RAW.

6. Paul Heyman. Creating the ideas that Vince, Russo and others stole.

7. Steve Austin. The most popular wrestler created in the last 10 years.

8. Kevin Nash. A major influence in the downfall of WCW, and also has the longest WWF title reign in the last 10 years or so.

9. The Rock. Bringing wrestling more into main-stream with his movies.

10. Chris Benoit. Influencing more American wrestlers, with them stealing his moves, etc.

an interesting tenth choice...why HHH?
Because since late 1999, he has had a huge influence over the WWF/WWE, the booking, the careers of Jericho, Booker T and others and so on. Not only that, but the future of the company is also pretty much in his hands, so he will continue to be a huge influence for the next 30+ years possibly.