Write something positive about wrestlers you dislike

Naitch

So yeah, that internet wrestling community sure can be a bitter, negative place sometimes. Alot of wrestlers are disliked for various reasons, but I thought it would be interesting to spread some love into the room by getting people to write something positive about wrestlers they dislike. I'll start off with a pretty well known wrestler and add more later if I can be arsed.

Hulk Hogan

-You will find it pretty difficult to find anyone in wrestling history who can work a crowd as well as Hulk Hogan can. As much as I dislike him, it always makes me laugh when people claim that anyone could have done the same job with the same push that Hogan got when he was on top. This to me is ridiculous. Did his push help? Of course it did, but you could have taken pretty much anyone and put them in Hogan's spot in the 80s and it wouldn't have worked anywhere near as well as it did and alot of the reason why is because Hogan had a connection with the fans and was able to hold them all in the palm of his hand better than just about anyone. This is a guy who can show up in 2002 and 2003, 20 years after his big run in the WWF began and he can have people cheering for him for 5 minutes while he stands in the ring saying nothing. THAT is the mark of a guy who could work a crowd and who could connect with the fans. The guy is easily one of the most charismatic people in wrestling history.

-Is Hulk Hogan a great in ring wrestler, in the same way a Flair or a Steamboat is? Of course not and I don't think even the most staunch Hogan supporter would say he is, but the guy really is a great in ring performer and a very good worker. His babyface timing was pretty much impeccable, he sold the hell (and that is another criticism of Hogan I have never really understood. Hogan really could sell. Up until the Hulk Up, of course) out of the other guys offense before knowing exactly when to make the comeback and I think that is something that the two current babyface champions (Batista and Cena) are missing. Another point is that if Hogan showed up on the active roster tomorrow, he still wouldn't be anywhere near the worst wrestler on it.

-Drew a ton of money. I know this is a pretty obvious one and I know as a wrestling fan, I really shouldn't care who draws money or not, but at the end of the day the number one aim of a wrestling promotion is to make money. Wrestling is about making money and in his day no one drew more money than Hogan did.

-The Gods smiled down on Hogan when they were handing out entrance music. A great entrance theme can actually add to the overness of a guy. Would for instance, Triple H get as big a pop as he does if he didn't have great entrance music? I doubt it. I am by no means saying that 'Real American' is the reason why Hogan was so over, but it didn't exactly hinder his overness. 'Real American' is just the perfect wrestling entrance theme, which gets even my heart pumping and I am neither American or a Hogan fan.

I feel dirty after all that Hogan praising.

• Like 1

....he sold the hell (and that is another criticism of Hogan I have never really understood. Hogan really could sell. Up until the Hulk Up' date=' of course)....[/quote']I agree. Hogan could sell very, very well, and when people have a go at that point, I usually take it like, his no selling was his gimmick. The Undertaker, or the Ultimate Warrior are another two, who get a lot of stick for their selling, when it's their gimmick, nto to sell. It would make no sense whatsoever in a 'dead' wrestler, selling a punch, and the same for Warrior. I know both of them were no Ricky Steamboat at actual selling, but most peeople focus on moves, such as Warrior taking the Pedigree at WrestleMania, and judge them on that, which is completely unfair.

Raven makes a lot of great comments in one of his shoot interviews about the Hulking Up, and it makes a lot of sense. When timed well, and so on, it can be excellent to watch, so Hogan does deserve credit for that.

Anyway....

One wrestler who I don't really like currently, is Samoa Joe. I can't stand how similar each and every one of his matches are, and it's a disagrace at how overrated he is. How anyone can rate a wrestler so high, when they have done the exact same type of match, for atleast 3 years, is beyond me.

But then again, if you watch TNA UNbreakable, Joe vs Kobashi, or Joe vs Punk II, and you are watching Joe for the the very first time, he is a good worker. If I watch one of his matches, and try to forgoet about the rest of his, he can entertain me. It's just when you look at his past matches, there is very little difference. Even Bret Hart, who is another who had similar matches, changed when he wrestled a big guy, or someone smaller. Not much no, but he did change the match.

So while Joe doesn't change his style much, he can be pretty good, so he does deserve some praise for that.

Most other 'wresters' who I despise, have nothing good about them at all ie Necro Butcher.

Snitsky

Does make me laugh with his facial expressions some times :P

Orlando Jordan

Same as Snitsky - plus his hair bounces about when he is being thrown about in the ring. Funny.

Cena

The guy does try hard and is commited to entertaining the fans.

Matt Hardy

I must have missed his rise in popularity when I was not watching between 2002 and 2004. But the guy can put on half a decent match.

JBL

I personally cant stand the guy. But there's one thing I can give him: his mic work. The guy is one of the best heel promo-ers ever. When he's being a smarmy, rich, racist b******, you want to skewer him on a rusty pole and burn him to death. When he's being the comedic, cowardly heel, you cant help but laugh. He may be a terrible worker, fat, and a miserable bully IRL, but he can cut a damn good promo.

Randy Orton....absolutlely cant stand him, and hate that hes gonna get the belt soon.

things I like about him...After he lost the belt, was going back to the midcard (oops, didnt happen) Got traded to samckdown, stays in midcard and learns some moves, and some mic skills (damn that didnt happen either) Got shoulder injured, will be gone for a while (damn, strike 3)

Guess I cant say anything nice about him until hes gone.

I used to think of Batista in a bad way, but the WWE did somethig truly different with him, they actually built him up in a few years (not weeks) and the crowd bought into it (even me) and hes incredibly over.

Why do they think we want Orton all the time, stop shoving him down our throats...the best characters are created over time. Rock, Austin, Hart, etc. Of course there are a few exceptions, but very few in my opinion. Maybe in a few years, orton will be ok, and if we arent constantly pushed to him, maybe the fans will one day get behind him.

Hardcore Holly-

I HATE this rednack B****! Is it just me, or does this guy have an attitude problem bigger than the Rock's ego?? Every talented rookie he comes across, he stiffs and injures! Rob Conway( or was it Dupree?) gets hit with a stiff clothesline almost knocking him out...and..well the list goes on and on.

Most infuriating though is what he did to Mordechai. Holly gets hit by the crucifix and then gets up and no-sells to move to deliver a Falcon Arrow on an unprepared mordechai and breaks the man?!! What a grade-A jerk.

The good side? The man works a solid match. No arguments here; the experience edge definitely is with Holly. If he could get rid of his attitude he may just be respected....maybe.

Randy Orton....absolutlely cant stand him, and hate that hes gonna get the belt soon.

things I like about him...After he lost the belt, was going back to the midcard (oops, didnt happen) Got traded to samckdown, stays in midcard and learns some moves, and some mic skills (damn that didnt happen either) Got shoulder injured, will be gone for a while (damn, strike 3)

Guess I cant say anything nice about him until hes gone.

I used to think of Batista in a bad way, but the WWE did somethig truly different with him, they actually built him up in a few years (not weeks) and the crowd bought into it (even me) and hes incredibly over.

Why do they think we want Orton all the time, stop shoving him down our throats...the best characters are created over time. Rock, Austin, Hart, etc. Of course there are a few exceptions, but very few in my opinion. Maybe in a few years, orton will be ok, and if we arent constantly pushed to him, maybe the fans will one day get behind him.

Erm good try with that :? .

Firstly I like Orton and so does many other people on here, there are many good things about him but I guess you just can't see them yet, fair play.

John Cena, i can't stand the bloke. Although, when he is a heel, I like him a lot because for me he even looked better in the ring, he was more entertaining in promos and he could work the crowd, so the positive thing i am saying is he does have the charisma and passion, he just needs to find out how he can use it in a face situation that works, and if he does this then he will maybe attract more then just kids or thugs.

Cena: nice guy and his wrestling makes me laugh

Chris Masters: someone trying to get the full nelson rest hold over as a finisher deserves some praise

Steph: nice boobs (oh come on you were all thinking it :P)

Orton: can wrestle.. i don't think he should get the belt though... that should be reserved for Benoit

Bret Hart- Turned into a whining old man but gave me his glasses at a house show in birmingham once:thumbsup . Oh and he could wrestle a bit. :lol

Hulk Hogan- Was the MAN with his dark stubble in his NWO days how did a guy in his mid-late forties act so cool?

Ric Flair- I don't rate him as highly as alot of people do but i love it when he elbow drops his jacket :lol And as for the flair flop :worship

Hogan - Is the one who everyone will remember as the man who made wrestling popular and was my hero when I was 5

Flair - bleeds well in cage matches

Michaels - Was the best high flier of his generation

Benoit - is the best at the triple german suplex

Cade and Murdoc - won he belts very quickly (best I can come up with lol)

John Cena, for all of my hatred for the guy is incredibly over. One of the things I dislike about some feds (sadly TNA are hella guilty of this) is the crowd throwing the face/heel balance out, so at a live show, I wouldn't boo the guy.

For all of his flaws, he's a decent enough wrestler who seems to be as good as the guy he is against and seems damn solid and safe in the ring.