Should Benoit win the title?

Moobs

Is the current champion Batista definitely injured?

I heard this mentioned, if so how long is he out for?

As for Benoit getting the strap, i don't see why not especially as it was supposed to be given to the late, great Eduardo this week.

I mean who else is they? Booker T. :lol

pinmepayme.

Benoit should win the title regardless of Eddie's passing, if Benoit was to win the title as a tribute to Eddie then so should Chavo, & Kurt Angle, and JBL, & Dean Malenko, after all they were Eddie friends aswell, if Benoit was to win the title i doubt it'll be because of Eddie's passing.

Batista has apparently avoided surgery and is taking 4-6 weeks off to heal. So I don't know if Batista will even drop the title. I hope that if Batista does have to drop the title that Benoit wins it though. He is one of the top stars on Smackdown and it would be great to see Benoit have another Championship reign especially after Eddie passing and with them being so close.

Batista will be on TV still i think.. probably just cutting promos and stuff....

I think Benoit should win the belt.. there is no one else...

and it WOULD be a great tribute to Eddie for Benoit winning the belt for him....

thats what should ahve happened on Smackdown this week

Chris should win the World title again and dedicate the victory to Eddie. And be a caretaker champ until Batista is fully recovered.

If its a run dedicated to Eddie' date=' then Benoit shouldn't be a caretaker champ. It would hardly be fitting for Batista to come back a couple of weeks later and squash him and regain the belt.[/quote']

I never said that Batista would squash him to regain the belt. I don't think anyone should ever "squash" Benoit, no matter how he's build up. But a good 3 month run and then fued with Dave when he's fully fit is what I meant. I know that means a face vs face fued but it would be quite a good one IMO.

if he does drop the belt it should probably be to JBL though i cant stand him and a guinea pig could wrestle better yet he is possibly smackdowns top heel and needs to be kept near the top and being dastardly to retain that heat.

no Benoit shouldnt get a title run just because of the great Eddie no more than Kerwin should get one on RAW,Benoit fantastic wrestler really superb even with lack of personality will always be over with crowd,but he`s not credible enough he`s lost to everyone on the roster,sorry but true.

I personally don't think Benoit should get the belt, Personally I don't like his style of wrestling (I know i'm gonna get killed for that lol)

I prefer the high flyers not the chain wretling style of Benoit its boring (to me!) and as for giving it to him as a tribute to Eddie no, it was a tragady that he died but everyone is going a bit ott about it, lots of wrestlers have died and lots will in the future but now lots of people make Eddie out to be more then he was, a good entertainer and wrestler

I personally don't think Benoit should get the belt' date=' Personally I don't like his style of wrestling (I know i'm gonna get killed for that lol)[/quote']

I prefer the high flyers not the chain wretling style of Benoit its boring (to me!)

That's your opinion NE and no-one should flame you for it. Personally I like the chain wrestling, move and counter-move but I accept that it's not for everyone.

and as for giving it to him as a tribute to Eddie no' date=' it was a tragady that he died but everyone is going a bit ott about it, lots of wrestlers have died and lots will in the future but now lots of people make Eddie out to be more then he was, a good entertainer and wrestler[/quote']

This is more likely to get you flamed though (not by me I might add). Eddie was more than just a good entertainer/wrestler, he was a good human being who will be sadly missed by all who knew him and a lot of people who he met and entertained but most of all missed by his wife and children. People all around the world are showing their grief over Eddie's passing and I personally don't think that's ott. It's like having a personal friend die and I know I'll never forget Eddie and I hope the rest of the world doesn't either.

This is more likely to get you flamed though (not by me I might add). Eddie was more than just a good entertainer/wrestler' date=' he was a good human being who will be sadly missed by all who knew him and a lot of people who he met and entertained but most of all missed by his wife and children. People all around the world are showing their grief over Eddie's passing and I personally don't think that's ott. It's like having a personal friend die and I know I'll never forget Eddie and I hope the rest of the world doesn't either.[/quote']

I understand how people think of Eddie but to me he wasn't my personal friend (others may feel different and thats fine by me) and unless you were his friend in real life I don't understand how people get so worked up over his death,

But as I say if people feel that way its fine with me, but thats just my opionion that its a little ott (no offence everyone who disagrees by the way)

It depends how they do the title change and what they do when Batista is back. If someone has to hold it for a month or two while Batista recovers, I wouldn't be too against it being Benoit (hope Crippler is listening to this!), although I wouldn't want him beating Batista for it.

If Batista forfeits the title through injury, and they have some sort of tournament, Benoit could win, and dedicate it to Eddie. Then when Batista comes back he can win back the title, and everything's back to normal, and no storylines will have been messed up (apart from Booker - Benoit but that sucks arse anyway, the US title should be for newer guys).

Giving it to someone else would mean changing storylines around, unless Orton was scheduled to win it anyway, but where does ths storyline go from there? Who will Orton defend against?

Ed