Would Eddie and Benoit of won World titles if???

carlito is cool

Eddie and Benoit won both versions of the world title in early 2004. Both are what you were call smaller wrestlers Eddie being 5'8 and naturally weighing under 200lbs and Benoit around 5,10? and naturally weighing a little over 200 lbs.

My question to you is without both guys 'beefing up' considerably in their time with the WWE (especially eddie he packed on some mega muscle since his wcw guys) would they have ever been given World Title runs?

Eddie had the charisma no doubt and he had the talent, but for me and knowing the way Vince likes his champs i doubt without that extra 20-30lbs of muscle i doubt Eddie would have been given a world title run. I can hardly see Vince putting the world title belt around the waist of the 200-210 crusier version of Eddie.

As for Benoit i think pretty much the same applies, he doesn't have the mic

skills however in ring wise he's as good as they come. But i doubt the Benoit that entered the wwf in early 2000 would have been given a World title run.

Knowing Vince i doubt either of these to guys would have had a world title run had they been the same size they were when they entered the wwe.

Sad as it is to think without the help of steroids these 2 would probably have never held a world title in the wwe and they are arguably 2 of the best performers ever.

Maybe if Eddie had decided to not beef up the way he did and thus never get a run with the belt maybe he would still be here today because lets face it the way he went about getting bigger played a role in his death.

Makes you wonder :roll

I didn't know that but during Steph's video she said last time she spoke with Eddie he told her he would be Champion again. She kinda Kayfabed it a bit to sound like he was confident he would win it again at sometime but maybe thats what they were really talking about. Edited by Anime Otaku

Eddie was a roid abuser before the WWE, he was during and he has always since I've seen him been one.

Benoit much the same except he is naturally bigger and therefore doesn't have to pack as much muscle onto his frame as Eddie did over the years...

At the end of the day Benoit and Eddie where chosen by Heyman who put their case forward to be world champions when he was writing Smackdown and they where both on his roster. He started the stories that got them there and pestered Vince to let them stand on that stage.

He didn't do it for muscles, he did for talent regardless of size which is what Heyman was all about.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, Fill seems to have closed my thread about what would be going on with the title, and who would have won/survived at SS if Eddie was still alive, and pointed me to this thread.

This seems to be about whether they'd have won the title if they hadn't took steroids though, what's this got to do with SS Fill?

Ed

Because there were about 4 threads about the subject when Eddie died.

Since it was 4+ weeks ago, I didn't really see the need for loads of new threads on exactly the same subject.

As I said in the other thread, "welcome to 4 weeks ago".

a) I missed those threads (obviously)

b) Wouldn't it have been better to throw in a link to a relevent thread?

Ed

And I might ad to that Fill, Mankind?

Was he on painkillers? I wouldn't doubt it. But steroids to enhance his ''physical'' appearance? I don't think so.:lol

I do know that apart from enhancing physical appearance, steroids are used for many other reasons among these reasons is injecting into joints to help numb and strengthen injuries etc, and with the weightload Yokuzuna was lugging about I'm sure he woul have needed a truck load:D

Also with the insane bumps Mick has taken over the years he probably had to use different types of medication including morphine/painkillers and steroids just to step out to the ring night after night, bump after bump.

Or maybe Yokozuna was taking steroids but just forgot the training part!:lol

And in twenty plus years of Vince taking over from his father only two LEGITAMATE names have been mentioned (there are always going to be exceptions to the rule.) And I say legitamate because I'm sure Backland joined the WWWF(not a typo) way before Vince Jr took over.

Edited by Thirteen

But you said this:

Look lets be real about this' date=' in the history of wwf when have you ever known a champion, world, tag or otherwise not to be using some form of roids to enhance and magnify his appearance?![/quote']

We've given you several examples of Champs who might have taken steroids, but DEFINITELY not for appearance. :)

I do know that apart from enhancing physical appearance' date=' steroids are used for many other reasons among these reasons is injecting into joints to help numb and strengthen injuries etc, and with the weightload Yokuzuna was lugging about I'm sure he woul have needed a truck load:D[/quote']Exactly. I once said Spike Dudley had used steroids for that same reaosn, but no-one believed me, so I'm glad someone else with knowledge is on TWO ;)

Steroids repair muscle quicker than the natual way, of rest, to either train more, or the obvious, heal quicker. Someone like Spike has been thrown about all his life, so is going to be on a lot of painkillers, which won't be enough.