Just to Cheer Everyone Up

Tajiri

Heres a recap of a Sid interview from this weeks Figure4Weekly Newsletter

By Bryan Alvarez:

There is nothing like a Sid interview to cheer you up during a sad week.

He explained that he didn’t do a lot of indy dates because, quite frankly, doing so was beneath him and would devalue his triumphant return. This is already awesome.

He said he wasn’t going to TNA because A) they hadn’t offered him anything yet, and B) that just wasn’t the sort of thing he’d be interested in because it was too far below where he felt he should be. If he wasn’t working for Vince McMahon, he said, he wasn’t working anywhere. You tell em, Sid!Stick to your guns! “I know this sounds horrible or maybe rude,” he said. “I wouldn’t waste a day working with them that I could be in the gym working out or at the track running”.

He said that when Vince called, he wanted to be in the best shape possible for his big comeback. You know, after watching WWE TV the past three months, if they actually ended up calling Sid I think I’d only be mildly surprised.

He said he had the greatest idea ever for an angle. This has been on the Sid Back Burner for years now. It would involve, he explained, a lengthy run as World Heavyweight Champion, and at the end of it he would drop the belt and put over a new rising star. He said whatever ideas WWE had for him, he’d listen, but there was no way they could possibly come up with anything better.

They finished up asking him where he ranked himself among the all-time world-class draws. He said quite frankly, he’d be about number one or two, even above Austin and Rock. After all, he said, they only drew big money one time, whereas he drew big money all the time with numerous different opponents. If it weren’t so obviously below him, I’d love to hire Sid to write the newsletter.

Edited by Tajiri
  • Like 1

I read the whole interview in full somewhere else, and he mentioned that he's been planning this angle for 10 years. I can see the angle being something along the lines of "Sid wins title, squashes some people, underdog face defeats him, Sid turns face by saying he respects the new champ and retires". Of course, it's Sid we're talking about, he'd need 10 years just to work out half of that plan.

Still, it wouldn't surprise me to see him back in WWE one day. What I find astonishing is that they haven't given him a job already when every other main eventer (aside from Sting) in WCW post 2000 has worked for Vince.

I heard the whole interview when it was on, Sid really believes he has a great idea for his comeback, its a shame it won't happen. The interview was on Voiceofwrestling.com, they usually have a washed up star talking about what a great draw he is. The last couple of weeks have been the drug fueled rants of Luger... equally as funny.

Didn't Sid s*%t his pants once while wrestling the Undertaker im sure thats what Paul bearer said in an interview i read.

To be fair to Sid i went crazy when he pinned HBK at SSeries 96. There were about 15,000 blokes chanting for Sid that night and the other 5,000 (mainly girls and young kids where chanting for HBK)

Similar atmosphere to Jerich vs Cena at SSlam except alot more 1 sided in favour of Sid i loved it :D

I will mark out big style if Sid comes comes back to WWE. The music, the entrance, the Sid logo dropping down from the roof, i've waited for this since 1997 but was under the impression he was to badly injured to work. Do any of you know if this is a possibility or is it just Sid deluding himself. I know he can't wrestle too well but the gimmick and interviews are something different to what anyone in WWE is doing right now.