Chavo to carry on Guerrero legacy

carlito is cool

WWE have decided to drop the Kerwin White character. On WWE.com, the Kerwin White bio was taken down, and replaced with a bio for Chavo Guerrero, including older pictures of Chavo with dark hair.

Chavo's bio does not mention the Kerwin White gimmick at all, rather a reference to Chavo being traded to RAW in the 2005 Draft lottery, and carrying the torch for his family name on RAW.

As many know, Chavo was given the Kerwin White gimmick earlier in the year. The idea behind the gimmick was that Chavo was pretending to be a wealthy white male, and wanted nothing to do with his Hispanic background.

WWE has decided to scrap this gimmick and have Chavo be able to carry on the legacy of the Guerrero name.

Credit: WWE.com

Nice move by the WWE. And good news for Chavo his career was in freefall as Kerwin.

EDIT: Please use the QUOTE tag for outside stories and give reference to the credit.

Edited by MrFill

I was hoping he'd head to SD to take Eddies place in the SurSer team, but either way its great that he is carrying on with the family name as I'm sure Chavo would have been insistent on it for good reason. Hopefully he'll adopt the Frog Splash and the Three Amigo's into his moveset, and possibly the 'Lie, Cheat and Steal' gimmick, maybe even a variation of Latino Heat. I'd like to see him head to SD regardless so he can take Benoits place in the US title situation and then have Benoit progress back up the card so we could possibly have the simultaneous reigns of Chavo amd Benoit as US and World title holders respectively. Edited by Clarkey

I was hoping he'd head to SD to take Eddies place in the SurSer team' date=' but either way its great that he is carrying on with the family name as I'm sure Chavo would have been insistent on it for good reason. [b']Hopefully he'll adopt the Frog Splash and the Three Amigo's into his moveset, and possibly the 'Lie, Cheat and Steal' gimmick, maybe even a variation of Latino Heat[/b]. I'd like to see him head to SD regardless so he can take Benoits place in the US title situation and then have Benoit progress back up the card so we could possibly have the simultaneous reigns of Chavo amd Benoit as US and World title holders respectively.

I think that is going a bit too far. Yes its great that he wil continue the Guerrero name but he doesn't need to turn into Eddie. Chavo is a decent performer in his own right.

Yeah, thats a good move by WWE. To be honest with you, I thought they would do something like this. Keep up the good work for the Guerrero family-Chavo, and make Eddie proud of you.

Im just wondering what will happen to Nick Nemeth now-Will he get sent back to OVW or get some sort of singles push on Raw?

I was only thinking along the lines of Chavo adopting Eddies adoption of the frog splash from Art Barr when Art sadly parted. On the gimmick I was meaning Chavo readopt his adaption of the Lie, Cheat and Steal gimmick and only mentioned the Latino Heat gimmick if that was the way the WWE wished to go (just throwing things in the air.) But I can completely understand your point.

great news, Kerwin sucked, Chavo ruled/s

i hope to see Chavo winning the Cruiserweight title soon :)

he's still on raw at the mo so possibly the ic title? Or is that a little out of his reach at this point in time?

I thought yea get him to sd for the cw title but we all know how the wwe treats its crusiers so it will probably be better for him if he stays on raw.

Yeah, I think Chavo Guerrero should go back to SmackDown! too and replace Eddie. May seem too small for a World Heavyweight Champion, but he is a Guerrero right?, and Eddie was going to win it right? I think Chavo could start building himself up more to be the size of Eddie was so he could be a Champ and be a bit "less Cruiserweight" than he is.

Yeah' date=' I think Chavo Guerrero should go back to SmackDown! too and replace Eddie. May seem too small for a World Heavyweight Champion, but he is a Guerrero right?, and Eddie was going to win it right? I think [b']Chavo could start building himself up more to be the size of Eddie was so he could be a Champ and be a bit "less Cruiserweight" than he is[/b].

:eek

probably not the best idea

you know aswell as i do buddy that can never happen.

Wait, sorry that sentence came out wrong. Not replace but more like, well just hold the Title Eddie did and what he would be holding right now.:xyx

Eddie still is (even though he's died) and always was the best Latino Wrestler EVER. Once again, R.I.P ese!

And yeah about Chavo, now it does seem kinda silly, I was just being easy because of Eddie. I choose Benoit as next WHC. :)

Edited by WWE

Chavo to Smackdown, Tajiri to Smackdown, Gregory Helms to Smackdown, Jamie Noble to come up from OVW, Kid Kash, Juventud Guerrera, Paul London, Funaki, Super Crazy, Psychosis, Rey Mysterio, Nunzio = Kick Ass Cruiserweight Division. Edited by Ryan

wait a minute pal (haha Bobby Heenan impressions rule) the Cruiserweight Title might not mean as much as it used to but with Chavo winning it' date=' it will give it a better image.[/quote']

No it won't. It's meaningless. The Cruiserweight title will forever be meaningless. Just like Paul London, Nunzio and Spanky will always be meaningless in the WWE.

The best thing the WWE can do, is drop the Cruiserweight title and let it never be seen again.

Nice to see Chavo be himself again. I'd like to see him just use the Frog Splash as his finisher. Just let him be himself. He's naturally charismatic anyway, and has all the tools to do well. He's an excellent wrestler, and would do well in the midcard area on either show.

Nice to see that Chavo is credible again. Wrestling in a polo shirt meant I didn't exactly take him seriously. Chavo's a good wrestler. I hope they put him to good use. He should really still be on SD! competing for the Cruiserweight Championship.

chavo in his own mind is a talented wrestler and its good to see the kerwin white gimmick being dropped. i think he should carry the legacy of the guerreros and possibly head to smackdown. i dont think that the u.s title is out of chavos reach but with booker t it seems unlikely that chavo would get anywhere near the u.s title as i expect booker to keep it beyond wrestlemania