...THE FISH!!!

Murph

Have you ever forgot to feed your goldfish?

My neighbour (TWO member Speight, who has NEVER posted) asked me to take care of his goldfish a while back while he went away for a week. I fed them the first two days, then I went three days without feeding them, but probably got there JUST in time. They were trying to escape from the bowl. Then I probably over-fed them, feeding them twice a day on average.

SO...

Have you ever forgot to feed your pets?

(Ironically I have NEVER had a pet of any kind...probably gives an excuse for the story).

Can't forget to feed my guinea pig, he squeaks whenever he's out of food and water, and gives you loud reminders every 5 minutes.

The cats not hard to forget about, and will never starve, she eats almost anything (except Tesco haddock, she'll eat any other haddock or fish, but turns her nose up at tesco's-mind you so did i).

Hamster's easy to forget about, but he goes through one tiny bowl a week, and has a lot stored around his cage, so usually he's fed before it's needed.

Goldfish also have a 10 second short term memory.

I've never had fish. I don't see the point in them really, I mean you can't hold them or pet them. They're never pleased to see you and you can't chase after them round the house when they're trying to escape. They just swim around a tank which you bought for them, which they'll never appreciate because they will never know who you are! They're just rubbish. Fish are pets for idiots, since all you have to do is sprinkle fish food in their tank every day or so. Anyone who can't manage that is as dumb as their fish.

Also, Goldfish also have a 10 second short term memory.

I never feed my cat as I dont seem him until once a month when he suddenly appears. My fish died of starvation, I didnt feed them for about 6 months, one of them ate the other to survive and then he ate his own ****. In the end he died due to the fact I cracked the bowl and the water slowly run out so he died of no water, which for us would be no oxygen.

By the way, if you over-feed goldfish they WILL die.

The reason is that they don't know when their stomach is full.

Goldfish also have a 10 second short term memory, so they "forget" that they've eaten, so they just carry on until there's no more food.

Yes, before I was born, my brother had two fish (Hulk & Sid, a la Sid Vicious and Hulk Hogan). Sid got really fat and ending up eating Hulk, then quite literally exploded.

Well to be honest it wouldn't matter if I fed my dog or not as he manages to scoff most of my dinner. He just sits at his bowl as if to say come on then get on with it. Also when your eating he does the most innocent look as if to say it's alright, I don't want any....honest.

I forgot once to feed my Hamster.and so I think he wanted to get revenge because the same day when he managed to escape some how. He bit big holes out of my 18th bithday cards, my cheque book and holes out of my underwear. I wasn't pleased and never forgot to feed him again.

I still to this day dont know how he got out! :)