Is wrestling really worth it?

Kate

Is wrestling worth it in the end?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is wrestling worth it in the end?

• Yes, definately!
    • No
    • Unsure

I've just been thinking and after the shocking news about Eddie, God Bless him, do you really think wrestling is really worth all the pain the superstars put their bodies in-yes it makes a hell of a lot of money, but how many people have we lost, that wrestling has been an influence on their death?

Well, if you take it all into consideration, its only a very very small minority of guys who have died or ended up crippled, however, the vast majority end up broke...very few people make enough money to retire on, they spend it on crap, never save and so on...so in the end, its probably not worth the strife to end up hurt, broke or dead, as the majority do, one way or another.

If you ask the select few, though. Hogan, Rock, Taker etc...I'm sure they would say it is. Depends which way you look at it, and who you ask.

As many people as we have lost, a lot of these guys don't do it for just the money. They live for the business and often it drives them too far. Eddie may have died but he died as a wrestler, something he loved to do. He might be alive were he not a wrestler, we'll never know - but being a wrestler gave him the chance to touch peoples lives, which he did, yours included. As bad as his death was, it's a small consolation that he lived for a reason and was good at it.

yes it makes a hell of a lot of money

It doesn't make everybody a hell of a lot of money, only the "big names".

Look at the mid-card and below in the WWE, they don't make anywhere near what the Diva Search winners win, let alone the guys like HHH, Taker, Big Show, etc. who make over $1m per year.

Then look at the smaller feds, and a lot of those guys barely make a living.

The ECW guys didn't get paid every month during the financial issues.

Overall I feel that they do it for the love of the business, a LOT more than they do it for the money.

It doesn't make everybody a hell of a lot of money, only the "big names".

Look at the mid-card and below in the WWE, they don't make anywhere near what the Diva Search winners win, let alone the guys like HHH, Taker, Big Show, etc. who make over $1m per year.

Then look at the smaller feds, and a lot of those guys barely make a living.

The ECW guys didn't get paid every month during the financial issues.

Overall I feel that they do it for the love of the business, a LOT more than they do it for the money.

I meant as a whole, wrestling makes a lot of money.

Fact is though, you never know when you're gonna die, but you ALWAYS have the idea in the back of your mind that maybe you could die on the road tonight. Wrestlers sadly know the risks. Some continue, some don't. Eddie continued DESPITE a near-death accident, DESPITE addiction and DESPITE a then-broken family that he managed to repair. So for his family, it might not be worth it, but it seems Eddie thought so.

As it has already been said, I believe that Eddie died doing what he wanted to do. It was his own choice to decide on a Wrestling career and he followed that for many years. He loved the Wrestling industry and unfortunately died whilst doing it. He has shocked us all dearly, but he will live on forever in our hearts. And for the answer to the question, if you are dedicated to doing the sport, then that is your choice to pursue your dream. If a Wrestler wants to entertain in front of thousands of fans and the millions watching at home, then let them do what they wish to do.

Yes it is.. as said before.. Eddie loved the buisness and died doing what he loved.. the only regret he probably has is not seeing huis daughters grow up first hand....

for 90% of people it's all about the love of Wrestling... personally for me.. i'd much rather have a job that i was proud of and loved then i job that i hated and made loads of money with..

obviusly i would live to get rich wrestling but i'd do it for the love of the buisness... and most of the people do do it for the love of the buisness... and Eddie was no exception

Do you think Eddie is up in Heaven now saying "I wish I never wrestled. It wasn't worth it." I doubt he would be thinking that (Although I will probably never know for sure).

You do something because you love, and I'm sure many-a-people will live wrestling and will die wrestling, and will probably have no regrets.

Do you think Eddie is up in Heaven now saying "I wish I never wrestled. It wasn't worth it." I doubt he would be thinking that (Although I will probably never know for sure).

You do something because you love, and I'm sure many-a-people will live wrestling and will die wrestling, and will probably have no regrets.

I made this thread just to know people's personal opinion and i personally totally agree with you he died a happy man doing what he loved to do and dedicated his whole life doing-Wrestling! I think he would of prefered dying at the young age of 38 knowing that he has inspired many people, me being one of them, that dying an old man having been stuck in a time wasting job- so i think it is worth it because it is what these men love doing and i respect each and every one of them for that!

God Bless you Eddie xxXxx

It's worth it if you love the buisness, now if Brock died while wrestling, could be said to be different, or someone like Daniel Puder, but people who have been in the buisness long enough to take it as a huge part of their life then it is worth it, and you will be respected by everyone around the world for doing what you love and for touching everyone's heart around the world.

Yes' date=' yes it is.[/quote']

I can't help but think if Eddie had the choice to give everything he ever did in wrestling up to be with his kids he would do it without a thought. From listening to what people have said about the guy although he had a passion for performing he had an even greater passion for his wife and kids this is what makes the whole situation so so tragic

EDIT: No txt spk please.

Edited by MrFill

I can't help but think if Eddie had the choice to give everything he ever did in wrestling up to be with his kids he would do it without a thought. From listening to what people have said about the guy although he had a passion for performing he had an even greater passion for his wife and kids this is what makes the whole situation so so tragic

EDIT: No txt spk please.

Then why was he in WWE now, if he trully wanted to see them grow up, then he would stop wrestling and so would everyone else, of course they would rather see their kids like everyone but it's their job, and they travel so even if he wrestled for anohter 20 years like Flair, he would miss his childrean growing up.