Do the WWE have a steroid testing policy?

carlito is cool

Do WWE test wrestlers for steroids? Obviously they should as they are illegal. Id bet my life that anabolic steroid use played a part in eddies death as it did with Rick Rude and various others. There arenumerous members of the wwe roster which are so obviously on the 'juice' its a joke. Surely Vince needs to clamp down on this issue and pronto otherwise more and more pro wrestlers will go the same way as eddie did far too young.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE clamped down heavily on the steroids in the early 90's when Vince was taking to Court, but acquited for Steroid related charges.

At that time WWE made an effort to check for Steroids & made smaller wrestlers champs (Flair, HBK & Bret for example).

These days though I don't think WWE have a policy on steroids or if they do it's obviously not a very well working policy.

yep well tey can't really have one can they, i could pick out 5 or 6 guys of the top of my head that im 99.9% sure that are using steroids/growth hormones, unfortunately eddie fell into that category the past few years had seen him beef up considerably add this to the acne he had developed across his shoulders and back and it paints a pretty bleak picture. The thing that pisses me off is its so freakin obvious! Vince who clearly has a knowledge of the bodybuilding world surely can't just ignore the dire effects that steroid abuse leads to.

Did I miss something? Official sources haven't confirmed a cause of death for Eddie yet' date=' have they? If I'm correct, and that indeed is the case, can we please stop making assumptions? A debate on steroids is all well and good, but until proven otherwise, can we please leave Eddie out of it?[/quote']

Yep sure, The reason i mention i eddie though is because 1) Eddie had signs of a steroid user 2) reports are suggesting it was heart failure 3) steroid use and heart failure at 38 go together all too well.

Even if eddie death turns out to be not related to steroids (and i would be amazed if it wasn't) that doesn't hide the fact there still loads of guys in the wwe risking their lives using them just to get a shot at the big time, and to me thats a major problem.

Nobody can say for sure anybody is using steroids in Wrestling' date=' some must be though, but one way or the other Steroids are a dumb invention anyway.[/quote']

Don't doubt that steroids aren't in use in wrestling. You're only fooling yourself if you think guys like Batista and Snitsky have gotten so big from good honest work outs. And steroids are not a "dumb invention" as you put it. Obviously they shouldn't be abused but steroids have vital uses medically such as repairing torn muscle tissue. Triple H's career may well be over if he didn't use steroids to recover from his torn quad in 2001.

Amusing as hell, from UKFF...

Scott Steiner said in a recent interview that when he was working for the WWE he was asked to test for steroids. He told the company: "Cool, just send over Triple H in a limo and we can go take ours together." He said the subject was never brought up again after that.
  • Like 1

WWE dont test for steroids, Vince himself said he stopped it because it was very expensive (and in the same breath admitted that was a bad excuse because he could certainly afford it). He went on to say that he see's no reason to test because they arent a competetive sport, and if anybody is using steroids, they are only cheating themselves.

Yes, Vince's logic IS that crap.

I'd say 80% of the WWE locker room is gassed up on either steroids, HGH or both, and I have no doubts that Eddie Guererro's steroid abuse is the reason for his heart failure if that was, infact, the cause of his death. If anybody looks at Eddie and believes he wasnt using steroids, quite frankly, your insane, because it was obvious.

Scott Steiner said in a recent interview that when he was working for the WWE he was asked to test for steroids. He told the company: "Cool, just send over Triple H in a limo and we can go take ours together." He said the subject was never brought up again after that.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Steiner :worship :worship :worship

Even if it was related to any past Steriod abuse then Eddie is the one who made that decision and he was on the jucie way before he became a WWE superstar...

Sad as it makes me to say it... If Eddie died because of a heart condition then the chances are that he caused it himself and it just adds to the tragedy of the situation.