How will The Taker Return at SS?

rolo007

A Hell in a Cell match would actually make up for how bad the UT/Orton feud has been so far. UT vs. Brock Lesnar was one of the best HiaCs in my opinion. I think the whole match could be scrapped however if the writers decide to give the World Heavyweight Title to Orton. Then again, I could see Benoit getting the title if they can somehow sweep the Booker T feud under the carpet. Whatever happens, the next few weeks of WWE will be very unpredictable.

I'm not sure his return at SS will even happen at all now.

I believe he's made his last trip to the UK so I wouldn't expect him in Sheffield next week. So is he suddenly going to appear at SS and they book him a match (and a gimmick one at that) for that night with no hype, promotion etc...? I don't think so.

More reasonable to expect him back at the first Smackdown after SS

So is he suddenly going to appear at SS and they book him a match (and a gimmick one at that) for that night with no hype' date=' promotion etc...? I don't think so.[/quote']

No hype or promotion?

Have you been watching SmackDown recently? They've been doing HUGE amounts of hype for the Undertaker, and even a countdown in days.

If that's no hype or promotion, I'd like to see a BIG amount of hype in your eyes, it'd probably have to be a 2 hour show just on the return. :P

I'm not sure his return at SS will even happen at all now.

I believe he's made his last trip to the UK so I wouldn't expect him in Sheffield next week. So is he suddenly going to appear at SS and they book him a match (and a gimmick one at that) for that night with no hype, promotion etc...? I don't think so.

More reasonable to expect him back at the first Smackdown after SS

i believe the Taker ads have been hyping him to 'Rise Again' at Survivor Series, so if anything he will return at Survivor Series and do a run in............well walk in. Im not sure the buried alive thing is appropriate with the Guerrero situation.

Im so sick of the Undertaker now its unreal. He seems to come and go from the WWE as he pleases, like he owns the damn place.

Of course he's a Legend (there's no denying that), but if people like Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels can be scripted on screen every week, then why cant Undertaker?

His latest comeback (probably for all of two months or so) will probably just be destroying all the up and coming talent, and then being off screen for another few weeks/months.

Orton's worked really hard at solidifying a main event slot on Smackdown over the past few weeks, but most likely any push will end once Taker returns.

OK rant over, But in answer to your question I think it will most likely be a Hell in the Cell or Streetfight match. A buried alive match would be extremely distasteful after the Eddie tragedy.

Orton's worked really hard at solidifying a main event slot on Smackdown over the past few weeks' date=' but most likely any push will end once Taker returns.[/quote']

Now don't get me wrong, I quite like Orton, but he hasn't done anything to "solidify" a main event spot. He's wasn't even in the picture until Big Dave got injured. The main event spot has been built up with Batista and Eddie as the main guys. Orton's still feuding with the Undertaker, the storyline hasn't finished yet. You can't just burn the Undertaker to death, he has to come back and get his revenge.

Say what you will, but if the Undertaker retired tomorrow he'd still be a bigger draw than Orton will ever be.

I still think there is a possibility that Taker will return as the badass gimmick. I don't think he will actually have a match at Survivor series because it hasn't been announced and would need longer than a week to build up cause in theory there is no obvious opponent (to us yes) but Orton believes he's ended the Takers career and won;t be seen again.

Undertaker was initially being promoted for the Survivor Series tour but once the casket got torched he was taken off the ads, he won't be on the tour because the tour takes place before SS.

Having said this however, I see a possibility that Taker might be on Smackdown this week in a rapidly produced storyline change to initially pay his respects to Eddie but end up in a match or an angle with Orton or someone else.

No hype or promotion?

Have you been watching SmackDown recently? They've been doing HUGE amounts of hype for the Undertaker, and even a countdown in days.

If that's no hype or promotion, I'd like to see a BIG amount of hype in your eyes, it'd probably have to be a 2 hour show just on the return. :P

I think we may have got confused between us here.

I know they've been heavily hyping a return at SS but my point was they've not been promoting a match (have they???) He may well still return, do a run-in etc...but surely the Buried Alive Match or whatever won't now happen as it was rumoured to. I can't see him returning at SS and be put in a match the same night. More realistic to expect it sometime after SS.

Well somone said before tht there may be a possible return as badass......Thats never going to happen again,EVER!. Anyway hes got know reason to return as that era and as taker said he wants to complete a whole circuit back to the darkness before he retires. So in my veiw i think that taker will return abit like the 94-96 era and more evil and possesed.

It's borderline whether it's good taste to bring Taker back at Surv Series. Buried Alive would be bad taste for sure.

Mind you, last time a wrestler in the company died, Taker won the WWF Title two hours later.

But this was the same night, Undertaker was planned to win the title whether Owen was going to die or not, so really i don't get your point and what it has with Eddie Guerrero passing away :?

Well somone said before tht there may be a possible return as badass......Thats never going to happen again' date='EVER!. Anyway hes got know reason to return as that era and as taker said he wants to complete a whole circuit back to the darkness before he retires. So in my veiw i think that taker will return abit like the 94-96 era and more evil and possesed.[/quote']

I hope your right, i can see it still going on as a Buried Alive Match to be honest, or maybe Undertaker coming in and interfering in the elimination match taking Orton out of the match.

DS Edit: Learn to edit posts instead of double posting.

Edited by Paul